shape
carat
color
clarity

Charlotte has a forever home

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I named my diamond Charlotte after I got her because she is old and it seemed to suit her. I really liked my solitaire setting but I wanted something that suited the time period from which she came from. I did not want a halo that everyone else had so I did some searching and looking to see what I liked best. I knew that there was no way I could afford VC or a Leon, just not in the budget. I decided to turn to Yoni at Eternity by Yoni. I sent him an email with inspiration pictures of things I liked and gave him my budget. He turned around and said he could do it for a bit more and I said deal. I honestly believe I got the better end of the deal because I am in love with my ring.

Yoni gave me a time frame and although my cads were not shown to me in that time period he did call and speak with me to apologize and he was honest with me and said he was swamped and that he needed to start giving people a longer window. I could respect him in the sense that it took some courage to call and admit it was not going to happen by my date I wanted the ring by. I am a straight shooter and was not too upset by it all. I got the first set of cads and the halo just looked huge, I asked for it scaled down and the second set was right on the money for me. (Not that I know everything about cads but to me it looked good)

From the time I paid for my ring until I got it back it was five weeks. I was very nervous to see the ring and had so many doubts and what ifs going through my head. I really thought it was not going to turn out exactly as I had requested but I have to be honest when I opened that ring box, it took my breath away. I was floored that it was my diamond in that beautiful setting. I am over the moon with the quality and detail of my ring. It exceeded my expectations and I hope I get used to all this finger coverage at some point.

My diamond is a 1.57 J SI1 (GIA) the setting is a 5.5 and the melee are G, VS2. I don't have the exact carat weight of the ring but the halo melee are 1 pointers.

Be warned, very picture heavy. It has been a cloudy, rainy day here in Illinois so no sunshine pictures yet.

cushhalo.jpg

2014-04-03_12.jpg

2014-04-03_0.jpg

2014-04-03_1.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, absolutely breathtaking!! I mean, just stunning! :love: Yoni's team does amazing work! Is it Plat?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful! I love your stone in that setting and the detail is just gorgeous. :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Charlotte has found the perfect home. :love:
May you wear and enjoy her in health and happiness always. :appl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1396569165|3646920 said:
Wow, absolutely breathtaking!! I mean, just stunning! :love: Yoni's team does amazing work! Is it Plat?

It is 18kt white gold and the milgrain is all done by hand as well.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous :love: The finger coverage is amazing and I love the bezel with the airline to really define the center stone.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful :love: Love the airline and the milgrain! Frames your diamond perfectly :appl: Enjoy!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great finger coverage! Will you be wearing a wedding band with her?

I hope you enjoy wearing Charlotte for many years to come! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the setting design you chose!!! :love: Gorgeous!!! I have a SS ring saved very similar to that! It is on my wishlist for a future AVC or antique cushion!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
mom2boys|1396571840|3646958 said:
Great finger coverage! Will you be wearing a wedding band with her?

I hope you enjoy wearing Charlotte for many years to come! :appl:

I think I will be wearing my wedding band with it, I have it sized as a 5.5 but it is really top heavy and is spinning on my when my hands are cold. The band seems to help keep it upright some.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1396578157|3647046 said:
I love the setting design you chose!!! :love: Gorgeous!!! I have a SS ring saved very similar to that! It is on my wishlist for a future AVC or antique cushion!

Thank you, SS had a lot of beauties I liked as well.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for such kind comments, my DH got down on two knees and proposed all over again with the new ring.

davidsbfly

Rough_Rock
OMG your ring is FABULOUS!!! Absolutely gorgeous! Wow! I am drooling over that seriously...I LOVE the vintage look!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
That is stunning!!!!! :love: :love: enjoy your new ring and wear it in the best of health and happiness!!! :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your solitaire setting was one of my PS favourites but this setting is truly stunning. The delicate yet sturdy setting is sooooo pretty. I love the airline and all the delicate details. Amazing reset. Enjoy wearing your new ring :wavey:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Well done. What a charming old diamond :) It looks lovely on your hand!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh... My... This ring took my breath away! I even over the detail on the shank! It reminds me of a Deco Tiffany I saw once - it had that same type of band. Beautiful!! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lknvrb4|1396605191|3647168 said:
Thank you all for such kind comments, my DH got down on two knees and proposed all over again with the new ring.

Aww, I love that your dh is so romantic and sweet. :love: That's truly priceless and worth more than any material jewel. But the jewels are nice too! :appl:

DC519

Rough_Rock
:love: :love: :love: I LOVE THIS!! It looks so perfect on your hand too. What a beautiful, beautiful ring!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That setting is beautiful and really really suits your diamond. Great choice!! Your ring looks complete. So well done!!! :appl: :appl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
LLJsmom|1396667463|3647715 said:
That setting is beautiful and really really suits your diamond. Great choice!! Your ring looks complete. So well done!!! :appl: :appl:

It does seem to suit my diamond. I was worried the bezel might hinder the performance of the diamond but I do believe it seems to sparkle more now. Thanks for your kind words, I could not be more happy.

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful, love the whole design - enjoy wearing your new beauty :wavey:

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats! Charlotte has a beautiful home!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results