shape
carat
color
clarity

Chameleon Diamond with Strong Yellow Fluor

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you believe in fate? I do! Fate brought me and my new beauty together (with a little help from a PS thread and David from DBL realising who I was)!
9.gif

I have wanted a true Chameleon diamond for AGES. It's been something on my wish list but I never thought I'd own one. I do now! Here are the stats:-

Weight: 1.01ct
Cut: Radiant Cut
Clarity: SI1
Colour: Fancy Deep Brownish Greenish Yellow (Chameleon) - talk about hedging your bets on the colour!
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Fluor: Strong Yellow Fluorescence

This is a diamond with a multiple personality! I know that chameleons change after being kept in the dark and if heated but this one seems to change colour depending on the light source. When I opened the package, she was a greenish yellow, I took her out into the fading daylight and she started to look a gorgeous yellow (which I haven't managed to capture on camera). Inside again, she looked more green under electric lighting. In all honesty she arrived fairly late in the day so I haven't been able to enjoy all of her personalities but I'm looking forward to that!

What surprised me most was the amount of fire I'm seeing. Predominantly yellow, green, orange and blue! She's a real sparkler!

What I'd love to do is set her on fire and see the colour change with heat but I'm too scared so I'm just going to have to rely on David's video for that one!!! I do think though that the orange fire I'm seeing is probably a great indicator of the colour she'll change to.

Okay so I know she's not the best cut diamond in the world, I know she's not the best colour changing chameleon money can buy, I know that for a 1ct she faces up a bit smaller than other diamonds and I know that some people regard chameleons as novelties BUT ........ I DON'T CARE! I LOVE HER!
30.gif

Giving credit where it's due - David from DBL was very upfront and honest with me about all her little quirks but you know what? The diamond is so much better than I expected and I'm genuinely thrilled! Thank you David!

So, without any more waffle (can you tell I just want to ramble on about her?), here she is! Tons of photos to follow!
2.gif
First up, David's photos and videos ..............

http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/loose-diamond-101ct-chameleon-radiant-diamond-gia-report?PHPSESSID=a607fe4e62259ad66b50d34f6e36b829

This is what I saw when I opened the parcel and it's remarkably similar to David's photo!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking a little more yellow (but I just CAN''T get her to show her yellow properly)!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With her green coat on - can you see the green fire?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodness me, she needs a wash! Mucky pup! Apologies about the finger prints!

This is strong yellow fluor according to the GIA:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one ............. this is a photo that David took to show me what yellow diamond side accents would look like! WOW! If only I had the spare cash! I''m also wondering about white sides (but no pictures)!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it!! Congratulations on finally finding one!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
LD, I love it! I think chameleon diamonds are amazing. It''s like getting two colors in one. Yours has a very nice olive tone. Chameleons are definitely on my wishlist.

Congrats!
36.gif

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
I have to say that this is the first chameleon diamond I think I've ever seen. And she's gorgeous! what are your plans for her?
21.gif

Edit to add : I seen you had posted about side stones, she will make a stunning three stone ring!
9.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD,
That''s a gorgeous stone. I have a diamond with a similar color, but it''s only 32 points, and it''s not a chameleon. I just get so giddy when I see colored diamonds threads. I can''t wait to see what you''re going to do with it. Get the side yellows!! They really accentuate the green color of the main diamond beautifully.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Cool stone!!!! I think it would look awesome with some white sidestones...

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 8:50:15 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
LD,
That''s a gorgeous stone. I have a diamond with a similar color, but it''s only 32 points, and it''s not a chameleon. I just get so giddy when I see colored diamonds threads. I can''t wait to see what you''re going to do with it. Get the side yellows!! They really accentuate the green color of the main diamond beautifully.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Me too, TL!! I actually scan SMTR to see if there are new colored diamond threads. It''s like spotting a purple phaleanopsis amongst a sea of daisies. It''s definitely a treat for the eyes and something you don''t see that often.

And yes, yellow sidestones will definitely make that green beauty POP!

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
so beautiful! to be honest, it''s the 1st I have ever seen..or even heard of. I LOVE it!!! So beautiful! Can''t wait to see what you do to her!! Be sure to post pics.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome stone!!

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
Soooo incredibly cool! What a fun and beautiful diamond! I can''t wait to see it set!
30.gif

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Oohh lovely - although I must admit, I have never seen a chameleon diamond in person.

Cant wait to see how you set it!!

Wear in much love, great health and happiness always.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! I LOVE all those shades of green! Can''t wait to see more pictures...
31.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wow--very unique!
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a cool diamond!!!!!!! Congrats, I can''t wait to see how you set it.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamond*Dana, SparkleNut, Joflier, Kelli, Musey, Rockin11, Skippy123, Lovedeco, Ambergretchen, Tuckins1, Heartingdiamonds, VRBeauty, Canuk-gal, Jelly, EricaR - thank you all for stopping by and taking a peek!

TL/Platinumrock - I''m the same with coloured diamonds! Funnily enough, even though I go ga ga over white diamonds, it''s the coloured ones that make me go WOW! For me, this one is just ultra WOW!

I''m going to try and get more photos today but the sun just isn''t anywhere to be seen!

I suddenly realised what the chameleon most looks like - she''s EXACTLY like a Sphene with her "normal" daytime colour! The colour I''m seeing is a beautiful yellow with a slight green undertone and the fire is just amazing! Off to find the camera!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah! I finally managed to capture (almost) what I see - minus the fire which is impossible to capture! Here she is with her yellow coat on! Can you see the pinky/orangey bits? That''s not a reflection because I''m wearing white and it seems to be present most of the time!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The many faces of Chameleon - I''m sure they''re more and I''ll keep trying to take some!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
COOL LD! Those orangey bits are interesting. They are present most of the time? What an awesome stone to study--I bet you can''t stop playing!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 9:08:40 AM
Author: LovingDiamonds
The many faces of Chameleon - I''m sure they''re more and I''ll keep trying to take some!

SWOOOOOON!!!! LD, the color changes are awesome! I love how it has dual personalities: one during the day and one at night. I absolutely loooove the concept of tucking the diamond in at night and it wakes up to a different color in the morning. Gosh, I want one now!

FlyGirl also has a chameleon diamond with the yellow/green color changes. His name is "Little Green".

Did you name yours yet?
3.gif

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
I am so in love with the second top picture in the new set you posted. That color is amazing, totally gorgeous.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results