shape
carat
color
clarity

Center stone color vs. color stones in band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bew3994

Rough_Rock

Fixing to possibly purchase an SI1 D pear center stone. The band is a mirco-pave criss cross band with anywhere from H - I.

Will the bad color in the band really make a difference since the stones are so small?? Attached is a pic.

Attachments

• criss cross band.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 347

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Well its micro-pave so that's really small. It's not something that I would get down and try to see if there was anything different about or not. So I think it will look great and if nothing is never said about the micro-pave being H - I and the center stone being D that no one will never notice.
face6.gif

P.S. I've seen some very nice looking H - I diamonds that there wasn't even any color that could be seen with the eye .

dcsvnnhpeach

Rough_Rock
Micro pave is so small and delicate and I have seen some ice white color diamonds that were H-I. It sounds like a beautiful ring.
It is going to shine!!!!
2.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
A little tricky here - dunno what to tell you. If possible you might want to see a D stone next to this band, because in looking at a D stone and an H stone side by side, the color difference was absolutely noticeable to me. Whether it will be noticeable between a large center stone and melee is questionable, but I will say that with my D center stone I have F/G melee, not H/I.

ETA: By the way - I love that setting and think a pear would look great in it, so I hope it works out for you, or I hope they can make it with F/G melee.
1.gif

bew3994

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys. Not sure what to do now. Getting mixed reviews even after looking up on the forums. Has anyone seen this ring somewhere else? I found it at Jared''s and was thinking of purchasing it in 18k white gold and then purchasing the center stone online. Anyways, I just don''t know if it will be that noticeable.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, so you don't have the pear yet. Can you knock it down to an F or G center stone and get that setting? And you've spoken to Jared's about them being able to get you that ring with a pear shaped head (5 prong, or 4 prong + V tip), not a 4 prong head?

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Well,
My center is a J, and my sides are all H-I color...my band is 1 carat total weight. the only time I see any hint of color at all is in direct sunlight, and if my ring has just been professionally cleaned. Even at that, i have to stare at it and my hubby things I am crazy. Here is a pic.

new 3.JPG

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have the opposite. My center stone is an I and my melee are a G. I don''t think anyone would ever know there was a difference (unless they saw my ring X3 and were a pser
2.gif
) Seriously, the only way you will know is to see it in the setting (or resting on the prongs).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results