shape
carat
color
clarity

Cartier Trinity Ring, 2.9mm

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
So, here is my Cartier Trinity ring. I just got it at Heathrow Airport airside, and it cost $1,011. Current price in Boston is $1,221.

The buying experience wasn't great. I could have flown from T3 or T5, chose T5, but nowhere in the airport or Cartier information does it say that Cartier T5 is just a watch concession in Harrods. So I thought it didn't matter, chose T5, and had a nightmare getting the ring sent over from another terminal. They nearly wouldn't do it as they said I had to do a bank transfer (what??) but anyway, they did it - especially for me, said the snotty guy at Cartier Heathrow T3. Luckily I'd had the foresight to try the rings on in Boston before I went so I thought I knew what size I needed. However, I think it's perhaps a little on the large side, and would have liked to try on the next size down at the airport...which of course wasn't possible.

I had to wait a while to be served, and this incredibly cold, rude English girl practically pushed me out of the way as I was standing where she wanted to see the watches. She didn't speak to me at all - no "excuse me", nothing, but just about stood on top of me until I had to move if I didn't want to end up nose-to-nose with her. Who does that, instead of just excusing themselves?

I much, much prefer Tiffany - a hundred times friendlier, customers with normal social skills, and of course they have a much larger product range too. I don't think I'll be shopping at Cartier again. The Trinity is quite reasonable, but a lot of their prices make Tiffany look like a steal.

I've since found out that I need a Trinity 5.5 (although my right hand is usually a 5) and Cartier 50 is a 5.25 while Cartier 51 is a 5.75, which is why it feels a bit large. Never mind, it's very comfy, and it will give some swelling room in the heat this summer.

Despite the crappy shopping experience, I love the ring. It's an everyday item for me. it's the XS size with each band at 2.9mm, but it looks large on me, I think - more like the Classic.

_6734.jpg

dscn2198.jpg

dscn2209.jpg

dscn2222.jpg

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: Beautiful!!! I SOOOOOOO want mine now!!! Sigh... I'm glad that you got both!!! :D :D Your other band is beautiful too! I wouldn't have thought about it, but now....sigh....need to find that money tree!!! :D :D Wear them all in good health! :D

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, it's gorgeous!! I love Trinity rings!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I'm so glad you got this Smith!!! I know you weren't sure about it but I think it's fabulous! Sorry you had to put up with a rude person and less than stellar customer service, I've always heard buying at Cartier was a nice experience. The ring was worth it!

I have been waffling on getting one. I love the look but don't know which size, width of bands or metal combo I prefer. After seeing your pics I'm going to visit Cartier here and try some on.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!

The Cartier was only a concession in Harrods, not a stand-alone Cartier shop, so maybe that's why it wasn't so great. Although, the guy at the T3 shop wasn't very nice. They acted as if they were doing me a big favour by allowing me to buy the ring - firstly, for setting it aside 24 hours before my flight without me doing a bank transfer, and also by sending it over to another terminal. I've just remembered that a friend's son worked at the Cartier in London a few years ago, and although he was plenty posh enough for them - top private boarding school, Cambridge and all that - he said they were absolutely horrible to him. Anyway, altogether, I thought the staff and customers very unfriendly - they are nicer at the Boston Cartier store, although still not as nice as the Boston Tiffany. It would be interesting if anyone here has had experience of the Cartier stores in Britain.

However, I'm really impressed by one thing: The Trinity is engraved with a serial number and I got an actual certificate with matching serial number. Tiffany doesn't do that. I didn't even get any documentation when I bought a platinum E colour solitaire bezel pendant from them! When I got my DeBeers necklace I did get a DeBeers passport, but it doesn't have a serial number.

Just noticed that my other new Cartier band, the Entrelaces, also has a serial number, and is a size 47. I don't understand how one ring is a 47 and one is a 51, and they both fit. True, the larger is a teensy bit large and the 47 is a teensy bit snug but they're both totally wearable and comfortable, which I wouldn't have thought possible four sizes apart. For me, I do think the Trinity is better sizing up a little.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! I'm so glad you got this trinity!! But wow! How super rude are they?!?! :shock: That really ruins the experience - or definitely colours it negatively.

Ultimately it's the ring you'll be remembering so I hope it gives you much joy when you wear it!! I love this classic look and can't wait for one of my own.

Love the look on you :appl:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi - it definitely hasn't spoiled my enjoyment of the ring, fortunately. I was doing it the cheap way - airport concession - and since I got such a good price, I can't quibble about it. It's lucky that there's not a lot of Cartier jewellery that I like or would buy. Their prices are really, truly ridiculous - makes Tiffany look like a bargain. I also find their product range very limited compared to Tiffany's.

Woofmama - it's true that I was on the fence. It seemed so greedy to get this as well as the other jewels, but the airport Cartier just happened to have my size and I knew it would never be that price again, so I got it. I wasn't 100% sure but I'm so glad I did - I really love it. I bought it specifically to wear for everyday, and it's just lovely to go around with a Cartier on your finger. Like all my jewellery, it just makes the day seem that much brighter.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just love this ring, and it looks amazing on you Smith!! :love: So glad you went for it, you will get so much enjoyment from it! :appl:

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely, and there is nothing like the real thing :love: - just a shame you had crappy sales people. I am soon going to venture into our
City Cartier store and try some Trinity rings on, hopefully here in Aus they are a lot more friendlier. :wavey:

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Love it. That is the perfect size for you, it has great presence on your finger.

OneFifty

Shiny_Rock
I'm so sorry that you had a terrible experience at the store. I purchased mine at a stand alone store in St. Thomas and the staff was wonderful.

So glad you love your ring despite the shopping experience. It looks fantastic on you. If you ring is slightly too big, you can flip one of the bands. It won't roll, but it will tighten up a bit.

GK2

Rough_Rock
I had a great experience at the Bond Street stoe when I bought my trinity. It was my 40th birthday and my DH let the sales assistant know - she opened a bottle of champagne for us and made the whole experience fantastic!

We had visited Tiffanys on Bond Street earlier -I was looking for an additional present aside from my Rolex - but I found them very fawning and off putting on that visit even though I'd had previous good experiences on a number of occasions.

Glad you like it though - I wear mine when I'm going for a more understated look.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!

It doesn't really matter about the shopping experience - like I said, I was doing it on the cheap and the trade-off for the crappy service is that I saved $200. And England is full of surly salespeople so it wasn't exactly a surprise. Also, the Trinity isn't as personal an item as an engagement ring or a custom-made piece of jewellery but a stock iconic item, so again I didn't really care. All I know is that I got a real, perfect Trinity at a never-to-be-seen again price! Usually I'd kick up a big stink about such bad service, but this time I'll let it go.

And I'm really enjoying wearing a Cartier on each hand!!! Combined price of the Trinity and Entrelaces in Boston is $2,560 and I paid $1,489 for the both of them. Total discount of almost 42%!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Love it--welcome to the Trinity "club"! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Canuk Gal!

After a few days of wearing both Cartiers, I have to report that the Entrelaces ring is significantly more comfortable than the Trinity. For the last few days, I haven't been able to get the Trinity to sit right.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Smith1942, congrats on the Trinity. Such a classic design.

As far as the service, I've always had the opposite experience of being treated like dirt at Tiffany's but never at Cartier. I usually go to fifth ave mansion but have also been to other northeast locations with the same great level of service. Never ever had a good shopping experience at any Tiffany store I ever walked into.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
I think the Boston Tiffany is particularly friendly, for some reason. Have you ever been there?

But Babymonster, I have a disease. A sickness. Having got the 2.9mm Trinity, I'm now also desiring the super-skinny band. Help me! What's the cure?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have not been to Boston Tiffany. I've sort of given up on them at this point.

There is no cure but if there would be a way to manage this sickness, it'd probably be a jewelry rental option similar to bag-borrow-steal site. Rent a piece of jewelry, wear it for a while and move on to a different design. I'd love to participate in something like that to try new stuff that I may not want to have long-term.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results