shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling color sensitive people

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Will an F have the same white/blue as a D or E stone?

Thanks!

ETA: OOPS... this was meant to be posted in Rocky Talky... Sorry (maybe someone can move it there?)

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Sparkles -- For the most part, I would have to say yes. If you are comparing them all together, you may notice a slight difference, however, if you are not, an F, especially facing up, looks essentially the same as a D or E stone, from what I have seen anyways.

blondie

Shiny_Rock
Depends how colour-sensitive you are!!!!!!!! I would say there is very, very little difference which sensitive/experts(!) would notice but on its own would certainly look very white.

BlingItOn

Shiny_Rock
I could tell the difference in colour when I compare a G colour with a D, but I can''t in most cases when I compare an F with a D.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have an F and my sister has a D...I cannot tell any difference at all between the two and I am usually pretty good at distinguishing color.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone. I know that sometimes things will get graded by one person an F and another an E or a G, so I guess it may also depend on the stone as well. Thanks everyone again, as I was wondering what the majority of color sensitive people would say.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Also... it would be for a princess cut, if that makes a difference!
2.gif
. As I know the fancy cuts sometimes show color more.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see color difference between 2 color grades but not one. I do think the PC would be more likely to show color than a RB but a F PC should appear white.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2008 3:02:22 PM
Author: marcyc
I can see color difference between 2 color grades but not one. I do think the PC would be more likely to show color than a RB but a F PC should appear white.
Great thanks... guess I will find out tomorrow if I am able to tell and if it appears white/blue to me.

Thanks!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have two EC side stones in my three stone ring, both .50ct, so big enough to see colour, and one is a D and one is an F and I cannot for the life of me tell which is which, and colour is very noticable in emerald cuts because they don't sparkle like RBs. Both look icy white.

DD
35.gif

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2008 4:55:01 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
I have two EC side stones in my three stone ring, both .50ct, so big enough to see colour, and one is a D and one is an F and I cannot for the life of me tell which is which, and colour is very noticable in emerald cuts because they don''t sparkle like RBs. Both look icy white.

DD
35.gif
I am hoping that I like the F (since it would be better on the budget ~ or I could go up in size a little...). I have a G right now and I can see color, but it is also poorly cut, and I honestly think it looks more an H when we compared it to the appraiser''s set (but I am told that is due to the poor cut... the pre-pricescope days
20.gif
...)

I know emeralds are known for showing color, so that gives me some hope, thanks!!!!!

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
I would say I''m pretty colour sensitive (I just bought E stones for studs, for heavens sake!) but between D and F I usually can''t tell. If you''ll be wearing the stones face down (LOL) or seeing them from the side a lot then lower colours are more noticeable too. I think a princess cut F will be stunning. You might be surprised at how good a well cut G or H are as well-particularly if you have a stone with a little colour now. I am blown away by how fantastic some of the Js and Ks on Pricescope look from all angles. A kickin'' cut hides a lot of colour with plenty of fire to boot!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
An F and a D are very close, and you have to look very closely to see any difference.. When you get to a G color, you can begin to see a difference.

blondie

Shiny_Rock
I went from a D to an I clour when I upgraded my original diamond - I actually really love the warmth of the I stone and as it is an ideal cut (thanks prciescopers!!
25.gif
) it faces up incredibly white!!! I wanted the BIGGEST rock for my money, so if you are of a similar inclination, I would avoid the D/E stones......only my humble opinion of course....if however you have your heart set on that icy white D stone, then go with that!!
1.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Make sure the diamond is an ideal cut. For princesses, your best bet is to get an AGS 0 princess. I know Whiteflash and GoodOldGold carry them.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2008 9:28:19 AM
Author: thing2of2
Make sure the diamond is an ideal cut. For princesses, your best bet is to get an AGS 0 princess. I know Whiteflash and GoodOldGold carry them.

What do you guys think of this one:
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/3599/ there is a video link to it as well (it''s stone #1). I actually like stone #3 the best, but I think this one is cut so close.... stone #3 is an AGS 0, and I know that comes with a premium.

Thanks

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
We decided on an F VS2, had it next to an E couldn''t tell the difference

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did this thread also get opened in Rocky Talky? I see that the discussion was continued here!

Everyone already said everything I would have said, but I am color sensitive so I considered myself bound to read it. There has been a study on what the human eye sees in terms of color and there is a huge leap in the area of a G color. That doesn''t surprise me. I am color sensitive and used to be able to tell a G from the higher colors. Of course my one G is set in 24K yellow gold which would make it look yellow anyway! My solitaire is an F and is colorless. I do not think anyone can tell an F from a D (if the stone is a GIA or an AGS graded one) unless it is set next to diamonds of another color. Some people buy higher color stones because they know, however! I have some E''s and all my new, smaller sidestones are D''s.

Deb
34.gif

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2008 6:13:50 PM
Author: AGBF

Did this thread also get opened in Rocky Talky? I see that the discussion was continued here!

Everyone already said everything I would have said, but I am color sensitive so I considered myself bound to read it. There has been a study on what the human eye sees in terms of color and there is a huge leap in the area of a G color. That doesn''t surprise me. I am color sensitive and used to be able to tell a G from the higher colors. Of course my one G is set in 24K yellow gold which would make it look yellow anyway! My solitaire is an F and is colorless. I do not think anyone can tell an F from a D (if the stone is a GIA or an AGS graded one) unless it is set next to diamonds of another color. Some people buy higher color stones because they know, however! I have some E''s and all my new, smaller sidestones are D''s.

Deb
34.gif
Yeah this was also talked about in Rocky Talky. Sorry, I''m a little OCD and have had a stressful weekend with the diamond hunt and all. I can tell a G from higher colors, which makes me think that this is stone is probably graded correctly at an F, that or it''s a really well cut G. I will know, but as long as I couldn''t tell the difference I''m okay with that, if I thought there was a difference, I would have been uncomfortable with it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results