shape
carat
color
clarity

CALLING ALL HUBBIES

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rube

Shiny_Rock
Um, yeah. Here''s the ring! (I hope)

tiringmeg.jpg

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that ring is cool too! Silly ring makers.. making it difficult for me to choose.
28.gif

-jason

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Any new hubbie rings??

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Replacement titanium band. The old gold one got too worn out and too small, and the jeweler said that it wasn''t worth "working" on.
7.gif
But, he''s loving this new one. I didn''t think it would be as shiny as it is...but it looks really silvery and not as industrial grey as I expected it to look!

MS404453.jpg

Faerievert

Shiny_Rock
Here''s what I just bought for my FH- it''s white gold with 3 little diamonds from Whitehall Jewelers. I''ll get something engraved on the inside when I have the money. He won''t be wearing it until the wedding day.
DSCN0291.jpg

DSCN0302.jpg

DSCN0283.jpg

DSCN0287.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
very cool ring!

Lynnell

Rough_Rock
We have just been engaged for a little over a week but this is the one he has picked out.

11-n6837w-g_l[1].jpg

Allie_oops

Rough_Rock
Since the thread popped up to the top again, I''ll throw hubbie''s ring on here (hopefully - I have a hard time with picture attachments). Like many others here, its titanium. Jon does a lot of work on cars in his spare time (he''s a desk jockey during the day) and kills anything he wears. Plus, he loved that he almost couldn''t feel it once it was on. He hates jewelry. Rarely wore a watch until I bought him a titanium one.

Wedding0083.jpg

Allie_oops

Rough_Rock
Damn, that was HUGE!! Sorry.

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
allie,

I love your husbands ring....it so understated, yet so classic.

i just love it.

dyanne

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
figured i could toss my ring into the mix.

platinum custom design .24 F SI1 unbranded H&A, w/ two sapphires (i think they are .05 vibrant blue, I don''t exactly recall) it is pictured around these parts somewhere. I guess it should be in this one, so people looking for men''s rings can find it. I don''t have a hand shot, but this is a pretty good photo. though the sapphires look more blue in sunlight.

In fact, i only now found this thread while looking for designs for my new creation. it is going to be my "engagement" ring, to wear on my right hand, even though we have been married for almost 2 years. I read some place that it is a custom in some countries, and I beleive finland, which is what my heritage is. (but actually worn during the engagement. hehe)

The new ring will have a .21 eightstar H VS2 (to match her .61 H VS2 in her engagement ring) and a .3 demantoid garnet (because they freaking rock.) in it...still to be designed. any suggestions add them to the thread here. suggestions

jans ring.jpg

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Hi! adding my FI''s ring... original thread here
custom made by Platinumsmith!

Men''s platinum comfort fit band, size 7.25, approx 5.5mm wide
10pt round brilliant diamond, E, VS

plus a tiny surprise diamond on the inside of the band!!
DSCN9180.JPG

DSCN9197.JPG

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the earlier poster''s link to Trew Tungsten. Great rings...

How much do tungsten rings usually run? Obviously a lot more than titanium but how much more than a 14K gold piece or something like that?

Chinchy

Rough_Rock
Mine looks almost exactly like Lynnell''s.. This one was custom made for me by PlatinumSmith. It''s platinum. My fiancée will have a matching one, but thinner.

dscn8939.jpg

dscn8940.jpg

P.S. This ring is immensely heavy. I''m a size 8 3/4 or somewhere thereabouts, and this ring is about 13-14 grams.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Realized I never posted a handshot of hubby''s wring in here. I posted a web photo on page 1 of this thread.

band09835687.JPG

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my hubby''s ring - titanium and gold.

drewring05.jpg

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/7/2005 5:48:09 PM
Author: Chinchy
Mine looks almost exactly like Lynnell''s.. This one was custom made for me by PlatinumSmith. It''s platinum. My fiancée will have a matching one, but thinner.

dscn8939.jpg

dscn8940.jpg

P.S. This ring is immensely heavy. I''m a size 8 3/4 or somewhere thereabouts, and this ring is about 13-14 grams.
I like this one a lot. I really like the weight too.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the new wedding band the I bought DH for our wedding anniversary last week. His original ring was looking really scruffy and beat up. The new ring is 18K WG, size 10. The platinum ring cost 3 times more and he refused to let me buy it for him!

NeilWring.JPG

Vix

Shiny_Rock
DiaDiva, while I like so many of the rings I''m seeing I *really* like your DH''s. I''d love some more stats on it if possible...i.e. where''d ya find it, what''s the mm size (I''m guessing 5 or 6?). TIA

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/13/2005 2:42:01 PM
Author: Vix
DiaDiva, while I like so many of the rings I''m seeing I *really* like your DH''s. I''d love some more stats on it if possible...i.e. where''d ya find it, what''s the mm size (I''m guessing 5 or 6?). TIA
Hi Vix, you''re correct. It''s 6mm. We bought it from a B&M in Singapore. Other than the pattern/grooves on top, the ring is plain (just the way he likes it, no diamonds) and extremely comfortable to wear. It''s 18K WG, feels very substantial and cost around S$350/US$200. The platinum version was over a thousand Singapore dollars!

Vix

Shiny_Rock
Ha...when I don't have expensive taste, I have "found it someplace inaccessible that can't be duplicated without tons of effort" taste!

Thanks for the details--it truly is a great design and I hope he continues to wear it in good health!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2005 3:57:22 PM
Author: Vix
Ha...when I don''t have expensive taste, I have ''found it someplace inaccessible that can''t be duplicated without tons of effort'' taste!
LOL
3.gif

Waited2Long

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/12/2005 11:00:20 AM
Author: pearcrazy
I just ordered DH a titanium ring from Overstock for 59 bucks. I couldn''t resist. He looked at me like I was nuts but I wanted him to have a ''spare'' tee hee. I love to post pictures of his rings but I can''t seem to figure out how to do so when the picture is featured on a website. Can anyone fill me in?
That is really great! I just checked them out and I think I''ve found my ring. And I''m not even engaged yet! (Cross your fingers folks!) Forget spare, I''ll just buy a few of those. Like others, I like the cool factor of titanium (yes, engineer), and I turn wrenches whenever I get the chance, so thin and light are necessities. Cool thread.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Here is what my husband''s looks like. The design is supposed to be either based on the beautiful engravings found on the 8th century Ardagh chalice, or a Celtic Warrior''s Shield. "The Celtic Warrior design originated from the Ardagh Chalice, Ireland''s foremost treasure, which was discovered in 1868 by two men digging in a ring fort in Ardagh, Co. Limerick, Ireland. The chalice is the finest example of eighth century metalwork ever to be discovered and is the inspiration for the Celtic Warrior Jewelry collection."

He has the white gold with YG rims. I think the picture has a diamond in the center. His doesn''t have any stones, although when we first saw it it had a ruby in that center "bump" area, and it was very attractive with the ruby in my opinion. Made it look more medieval.

info. on Ardagh Chalice, fyi: http://www.celtic-weddingrings.com/celtic-history/Ardagh-Chalice.asp

celtic warrior.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
*bump*

Please post more!

ilanna

Rough_Rock
I love that ring. where did you find it? who is it by?

ilanna

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/26/2005 11:07:41 AM
Author: Rube
Um, yeah. Here''s the ring! (I hope)
love that ring! did you get it at ti rings?

ilanna

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/8/2005 7:01:09 PM
Author: Allie_oops
Since the thread popped up to the top again, I''ll throw hubbie''s ring on here (hopefully - I have a hard time with picture attachments). Like many others here, its titanium. Jon does a lot of work on cars in his spare time (he''s a desk jockey during the day) and kills anything he wears. Plus, he loved that he almost couldn''t feel it once it was on. He hates jewelry. Rarely wore a watch until I bought him a titanium one.

This is perfect. how can i find a ring like this for hubbie?

klavigne

Shiny_Rock
http://www.celtic-jewellery.com/

All kinds of really cool Celtic Jewelry on this website. I love the wedding bands they have here. I wonder if they could make them in Colbalt, carbide, or Tungsten? I destroy rings so mine is going to have to be tungsten or carbide, anything too soft wouldn''t last more than a year.

klavigne

Shiny_Rock
This one is pretty cool but I''m sure it''s a pain in the A$$ to clean

GCWR.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results