shape
carat
color
clarity

CALLING ALL HUBBIES

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Apparently my memory is shot to hell. I found the receipt for DH''s ring, and it was only $624 (this includes the tax). 14K white gold, and the diamonds are F/G, VS. Still can''t find the carat weight...looking, looking...

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
PS - anyone noticed you can see us taking the picture in the reflection from the ring that is still somewhat shiny?

I saw you guys! I thought it was kind of cute, y''all looking so happy taking pictures of your purties.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
LOL cflutist!!! I''m sorry I missed my chance!!! We should start a pear thread, if one hasn''t been done already! Thanks RE FI''s Celtic Knot choice!
Beautiful ring FG!!! Dear Fiance detests the thought of even diamond cutting on his wedding ring! Silly boy, doesn''t realize what he''s missing...

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
It was funny in that when it came time for DH and me to go look at wedding bands I had to practically DRAG him out to a jewelry store. He just told me "pick something out and it''ll be fine, I really don''t care about jewelry". I told him that I didn''t even know his ring size so he had to go to at least try on a ring sizer so I''d know what size to order. I was thinking plain gold band, no big deal. Once I got him in there and he started looking, I couldn''t get him out. He really got into it. We picked out an Art Carved band with a woven design that he wore for about 9 years until it got uncomfortable. We ordered another woven design from Gold Speed, comfort fit, much heavier. He loves it. I''ll try to get a picture of it sometime.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
OK cflutist and FireGoddess!!! We have 3 pears in a row now!! Let''s start a record ladies!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please, let me not allow the pear chain to be broken!

I have been stealthily stalking my hubby to take his hand pic with the wedding band...and then realized I left my digicam at work. DOH!

It''s gorgeous today...if the weather holds out till tomorrow I''ll pounce like a jungle cat and take it then.

cflutist? MORE PEARS!!!!!
11.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The weather is really nice out here in California too. It was 82 degrees yesterday and has been nice all week.
I am waiting for the picture of your hubby's ring.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Yes! We''re on a roll pear ladies!!!

I can''t wait to see your hubby''s ring either FG! Weather here was nice yesterday too - no jacket needed - but it was so windy, I was practically impaled by grit and mulch on my way to lunch yesterday!! I''m surprised I''m not covered with little tiny welts
14.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JCJD, what type of w-ring are you planning to get for your future husband?

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
9.gif

Date: 2/20/2005 9:27:29 PM
Author: JCJD
We just found this Friday at www.billbarnes.com!!! He looked at it and knew it was ''The One''! We''re going to try and get this custom made locally.

Rounded Celtic Knot. Comfort fit, 8mm wide, wg pictured here.

celt6w.jpg

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
And here''s mine! Until we can buy a pave semi-eternity diamond and plat band!
31.gif

7702.jpg

Comfort fit 2mm plat band with satin finish from Signed Pieces.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JCJD, can you get your hubby to be to post also? Seems that SweetPinksHubby and Websailor are the only regular hubbies posting here.

Gale

Shiny_Rock
JCDC - l love that band. Thanks for the link to bill barnes. DF wants a celtic knot sort of thing as well.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2005 2:52:47 PM
Author: cflutist
JCJD, can you get your hubby to be to post also? Seems that SweetPinksHubby and Websailor are the only regular hubbies posting here.

He should!! It's all his fault I found this site in the first place!
12.gif
I'll see what I can finagle (is that a word??) with him - he's pretty active on a gaming website instead of diamonds - Mara has diamonds, Greg has trucks; JC has diamonds, JD has video games.
25.gif

Speaking of Mara.... where's her hubby's ring???

Gale - you're very welcome! It took us some searching to find a nice online collection of Celtic style rings.

We made it to 10 pears in a row ladies!!! Yippee!!!

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
I am still deciding about an all platinum band or perhaps a Tungsten ring with Platinum inlay like this one from Trew Tungsten. The toughness and tech factor of Tungsten appeals to me as a guy and engineer.

trew.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/11/2005 2:52:47 PM
Author: cflutist
ladies ,what about me.?
39.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF, maybe I should clarify, there are men who post here, but very few couples who post.

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
15 years and still going strong. Of course he only wears it about 6 times a year- out to special events. He initially said he didn''t care what he got, but when the time came he was very particular. It''s 14kt yellow brushed gold and etched with a pattern that shows white gold underneath. It''s really kinda cool and the picture doesn''t do it justice.

l6g9kdj.JPG

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
I''m new here but I''d like to share hubby''s ring.
Wright & Lato plat, engraved detail and milgrain edges, 5mm wide (I have the matching WB only mine is 3mm and much tinier in size!)

jbpWB.jpg

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
This will probably have everyone laughing a bit
36.gif
..... A picture of my pre-cflutist ring......

After my ex and I were thoroughly fed up with each other
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
, I decided to treat myself to a ring in replacement of my wedding band. Being an outdoorsy kind of guy, when I saw this one I liked it - it is what I call my "Hunters Ring".

It does show a bison and two caveman hunters trying to spear it.

It was also symbolic to me of my new found freedom and how I could now begin to date at will.
11.gif
Before I get in WAY too much trouble here, I'll button my mouth!
emotion-40.gif

After I met cflutist and we got really serious, I didn't wear it as much, and now don't wear it at all....

small_Websailor_Hunters_Ring.JPG

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I must be the only woman with a husband who has 4 wedding rings. Of course, we''ve been married for nearly 19 years. I think he has grown to enjoy jewelry because of ME!!!

1. Two-tone 8 mm wide is the original that we were married with. I have a matching band. It looked sparkly like diamonds, but we had little money, so it worked!

2. Plain gold 6 mm wide knock-around ring. He wears this when he is doing yard work, etc. I didn''t want the original ring ruined. We got this shortly after the wedding.

3. Diamond band 8 mm, just under 1 ct tdw. Worn when we are dressed up mostly although he wears this to work too. It was purchased about our 8th or 9th anniversary.

4. Titanium 8 mm wide band. Just purchased last anniversary (18th). He has a titanium bracelet and I thought it looked neat.

Nuts or what?
3.gif

DiamondLil

rwr3.jpg

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2005 8:36:36 AM
Author: diamondlil
I must be the only woman with a husband who has 4 wedding rings. Of course, we''ve been married for nearly 19 years. I think he has grown to enjoy jewelry because of ME!!!

Nuts or what?
3.gif

DiamondLil
No, practical instead. Websailor has 3 wedding bands and we have been married only 7 years.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I just ordered DH a titanium ring from Overstock for 59 bucks. I couldn''t resist. He looked at me like I was nuts but I wanted him to have a "spare" tee hee. I love to post pictures of his rings but I can''t seem to figure out how to do so when the picture is featured on a website. Can anyone fill me in?

sweetpinkshubby

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/12/2005 2:24:31 AM
Author: websailor
This will probably have everyone laughing a bit
36.gif
..... A picture of my pre-cflutist ring......

After my ex and I were thoroughly fed up with each other
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
, I decided to treat myself to a ring in replacement of my wedding band. Being an outdoorsy kind of guy, when I saw this one I liked it - it is what I call my ''Hunters Ring''.

It does show a bison and two caveman hunters trying to spear it.

It was also symbolic to me of my new found freedom and how I could now begin to date at will.
11.gif
Before I get in WAY too much trouble here, I''ll button my mouth!
emotion-40.gif

After I met cflutist and we got really serious, I didn''t wear it as much, and now don''t wear it at all....
from now on i''m calling you dances with rings

sweetpinkshubby

Rough_Rock
hey guess what thanks to you guys i'm getting a spare ring too. just so i don't mess this one up, and let me tell you it it awesome!!!

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!!

21.gif
36.gif
35.gif

I do actually like having a nice one to go out with...not that it can detract any attention from cflutists sparklers!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a few photos of my DH''s w-ring. It''s a Bruce Boone Titanium ring. He loves it, and so do I!

Barry ring #3.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Close-up...

Barry ring 2.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Last one...
(BTW, fun thread!)

Barry ring 1.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Trying again. Don''t know why the first photo isn''t showing up.
33.gif
If this doesn''t work, I''m giving up on the hand shot. I had to BRIBE him as it is!!!
23.gif
2.gif
9.gif

Lynn

Barryring3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results