shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling ALL eternity ring owners!!! Opinions please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
I''m about to order an eternity ring, similar to "shelleydog" ring
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-whiteflash-3-40-tcw-custom-eternity-band.110414/

For those of you who have eternity rings, I was wondering if you can share your thoughts:
1. is the ring comfortable
2. which style u-prong, trellis, shared prong, etc.
3. would you have done something different? If so, what?

I was thinking 20 pointers set on white gold, I really like the "u-prong" style, you can see diamonds sparkle from the sides. For the most part, I will wear it as a RHR (size 5 1/2) but ocassionally would like to wear it in place of my wedding set (size 5 1/4). I have been quoted 17 stones and other jewelers 16 stones will do.

Please give me your thoughts.

Thank you!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shelleydog''s ring is gorgeous, I don''t think you can go wrong with that!

My engagement ring is a cushion set into an eternity band with 5.5 pointers.
My wedding band is an eternity band with 7.5 pointers.
Both are shared prong settings.

I LOVE THEM!

I do remember being very aware of my engagement ring on my finger when I first started wearing it, but it wasn''t uncomfortable. I wear a 5.5 ring, but my engagement ring is a 6 and my wedding band is a 6.5 because I like them loose, and they *still* don''t bother me at all. I''m not sure if 20 pointers would be more noticeable because of their size, but I imagine you would get used to them.

I can''t wait to see your ring once you get it! It sounds like a beauty.

Here''s a picture of my wedding set for reference:

Havenssetpssss17.jpg

STEPHANSON

Shiny_Rock
i have a 2 carate shared prong eternity band size 5 and it has 19 diamonds
i absolutly love mine !

hanson1.jpg

annadragon

Shiny_Rock
Because I''m a bad PSer I don''t have handshots but the link will describe my eternity band.
Link to my eternity ring CADs

Is it comfy? Perhaps I''m just delicate
3.gif
but my middle finger had to develop a bit of a callous due to the stones rubbing against it. DH also likes to grab my hand and squeeze which can cause some discomfort.

Would I have done something different? Nah, I love my band. The only complaint is how much grime and grunge I can accumulate with daily wear.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the uternity ring from WF - mine is a size 5, 20 stones, .10 each for a total of 2 ct. I absolutely LOVE it. It''s been comfortable since day 1 and I woudn''t change a thing. I would love to have one with 20 pt stones like you''re thinking about if I was planning to wear it alone, but I wear mine as my wedding band so 20 pt stones would have overpowered my ering stone. Good luck!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my eternity band with my er every day and the engagement ring also has diamonds all the way around and it is very comfortable. They are both shared prong-10 pointers. When I first got it I was aware of the rings but now I forget I am wearing them.

eringagain1.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/8/2010 1:53:51 PM
Author: katiedid
I have the uternity ring from WF - mine is a size 5, 20 stones, .10 each for a total of 2 ct. I absolutely LOVE it. It''s been comfortable since day 1 and I woudn''t change a thing. I would love to have one with 20 pt stones like you''re thinking about if I was planning to wear it alone, but I wear mine as my wedding band so 20 pt stones would have overpowered my ering stone. Good luck!
I have a very similar ring to katie - u prong, 10 pts each. I think it''s EXTREMELY comfortable! and has a good amount of presence on my hand. It was my ering, so i wear it alone and i get compliments on it all the time!

blingmyring

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I have an 18 stone, 20pt. each, shared prong eternity, basket setting, size 6. I love my ring but I am considering resetting it into a lower setting like the one you posted (which is gorgeous) so the ring doesn''t separate my fingers as much. It took me a few days to get used to the feeling of the eternity and the first time I washed my hands I thought that I had cut myself ! You will quickly learn little habits that will make wearing an eternity a joy. I think you''ll love your new ring. Best wishes.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a shared prong ring with 10.5-11 point stones, size 7, something like 2.31 tcw. It is comfortable enough and I think it is pretty. However, I would never get another shared prong. The ridges
on the sides act like little saws and chew up my e-ring. I would only get one with smooth sides. Brian Gavin makes one, and Leon does a few. My e-ring is a 2.57 solitare, but when I have Leon make
me a new ring the eternity will be too big for it, even if I do reset it. In retrospect, I should have waited to buy my bands (I also have a 5 stone with north/south prongs that chews things up too.) until
after I decided on my final setting.

But I can wear it alone, or even with the 5 stone with 20 pointers. One can never have too many diamond rings I guess, but I would have saved myself some cash if I wasn''t so darn anxious.

shelleydog

Shiny_Rock
Gosh, I''m glad you like my ring! I''ve had it about a year now and still love it as much as the day I got it. It does not cut into my other fingers or anything, very comfortable but with 20 pointers they do stick out farther than 10 pointers for sure. If I were to do anything different, I would send whoever makes the ring a ring that fits exactly how I want the new ring to fit. Mine ended up being a bit bigger than I expected. The next ring I had done I sent in a ring and the new ring fits perfectly.

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, ShelleyDog ~ I was hoping that you would see my thread. I wear between 5 1/4 and 5 1/2 and I''m leaning more towards getting the ring to a size 5 1/4. U-Prong, stones to be set a tid tiny bit lower, but not too low where I can still see the sparkles.....I love your ring!!!

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
I have eternity rings, with diamonds all the way around. I think they are very comfortable but I have no idea what kind of prongs they have...

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Shellydog and I have the same ring. In fact the ring on Whiteflash''s site was named by ME!
36.gif

I LOVE the uternity ring. I''ve had it for a little over a year now and I LOVE IT. It''s so comfortable, don''t feel it hitting my pinky. The stones are set so low that''s why
it''s so comfortable. Shelly has 20 pointers and my stones are 10 pointers.

The UTERNITY has my VOTE
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I looove your ring Atroop! How awesome to have such a popular ring named after you! Have you had any problems with the stones eating your e-ring? I''m getting something similar and I''m wondering if I''ll need a small spacer.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
My eternity ring is extremely comfortable. I have a low-set fishtail prong setting with 24 .16 pointers. I used to have a shared prong setting that was uncomfortable to wear and had Leon redo it into this new setting. I love that it's super low on the finger.

In this photo, I'm wearing it with my e-ring but I in reality I always wear it alone.

IMG_0678ggggg.jpg

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2010 6:09:36 PM
Author: luvmyhalo
I looove your ring Atroop! How awesome to have such a popular ring named after you! Have you had any problems with the stones eating your e-ring? I''m getting something similar and I''m wondering if I''ll need a small spacer.

Thanks so much luvmyhalo. No issues at all with my ering. I do make sure that when the rings get too close to each other, I separate them a little bit (you can''t notice it but I do it to be cautious). My ering has no scratches or dents from my unternity.

Can''t wait to see what you get!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
This is mine - I have a shared prong w/ very tiny stones - 2 or 3 pointers, I believe. I love it, but I''ve lost 2 stones since I got it 2 years ago. The shared prong on something so tiny, seems easy to knock them out. But on larger stones, I think that may not be a problem.

oecandband0099.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I''ve had three eternity rings: channel, 4 claw and u shaped. Most comfy was the channel set with app. 10 pointers. Currrently I have a asscher u shaped eternity with 37 pointers each and I LOVE it although it is not the most comfy of all ETR''s I''ve owned. But it is the most beautiful and would not trade it for anytihng.

cheers--Sharon

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
I also have an eternity band. It is extremely comfortable and gives endless delight. Go for it, they are great. You will not regret it.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I have a couple of eternity bands too but they''re very small and delicate - but I love the look and don''t find them at all uncomfortable..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results