shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all Brian Gavin 3 stone rings.

rocksjust4me

Rough_Rock
I am in the process of building a three stone ring to wear as a RHR. I am torn between designs, even though it is a RHR and not an engagement ring, I still would like the center stone to sit up just a little higher because I do not like the straight line look or stones appearing at all the same height (if that makes sense).

Can you show me your three stones rings from Brian Gavin and Whiteflash? Please tell me the style.

I am looking at the BG Truth x3 (I love the profile view) http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/engagement-rings/three-stone/truth-x-3-18k-white-gold-5450w18

and the BG Open Gallery. http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/engagement-rings/open-gallery-accented-18k-white-gold-5448w18

My stones will be Center: 1.33 center and .50 sides

Thank you!

jphillips

Rough_Rock
I was just reading your post and I LOVE those settings! I am not an expert, just someone looking for ideas for replacement wedding rings, since mine was damaged recently. Thanks for sharing and I hope you get some responses to your post!

-J

CrazyBirdLady

Shiny_Rock
Hi rocksjust4me (love the name) I have the bgd truth In a three stone. I'm extremely happy with it and love it to bits. Im super fussy and can always find something not right in all of my rings apart from this one, its perfect. I have a 1.6ct pink spinel in the middle and .70 sides. I don't have any pictures at the minute but I'll try and take some.

rocksjust4me

Rough_Rock
My stones are not that big, but when they grow up they would like to be. Beautiful ring!

rocksjust4me

Rough_Rock
Hi Crazybirdlady! Can you tell me if bands sit flush against your Truth x3 setting.

I think I am 75% sure I am going with the Truth. For a quick minute I was considering the classic three stone setting. I keep going back and forth between the Truth, Open Gallery and classic. I have gone through every three stone thread on the site and all them of are really pretty.

I know I do not want the side stones tucked and I do not want the stones to look like a line or blur of stones. Ughh decisions!

rocksjust4me

Rough_Rock
Hi M-2-B
Thank you for responding. I love both of the examples that you provided. My only question, and only because I simply do not know, does the Open Gallery and Classic style allow for better light return because of the holes under the basket? The Truth style does not have this from what I can see, although your ring had plenty of light return and sparkle/fire. Absolutely beautiful. Your RB collection is stunning!!!!

CrazyBirdLady

Shiny_Rock
The truth does sit flush. It it hard getting the proportions right on everything with a 3 three. The truth does have the outside diamonds tucked in a tiny bit. I like the amount the diamonds are tucked in and do not like the Tiffany style 3 stone where I feel they're hanging out in the breeze :D

txideal

Rough_Rock
Great topic! I am a long time lurker and haveven enjoyed reading all your posts!

I too am in search of a 3 stone that doesn't set all the stones in a row where they look like a straight line. I want the center to stand out and great finger coverage too! A band that can sit flush or somewhat flush would be awesome! I also want a head that is classic & not busy or heavy. I currently have the Vatche Royal Crown and am looking for a shank that is less than 2.5 mm (ideally 2.2-2.3 mm)

I have been gravitating towards the BGD open gallery, Grace with pears, Crossed Trellis and can't decide either.

The links posted provide better pictures than their site of the Truth, since I too had looked at that, but thought the stones looked too tight or crowded. Now I'm thinking it may be the photography.

Does the Truth 3 stone have a rounded shank? What is the diameter of the shank? Is it comfortable for everyday wear?
Thanks so much! !

readerrabbit

Rough_Rock
I have a BGD modified cross trellis that might be similar to what you are looking for!!

My center is 1.29, with abut .75- .8 ctw sides. I'm moNile currently and can't post photos, but if you click on my profile and look at my thread I have some photos.

Let me know if you'd like to see any other angles! !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results