shape
carat
color
clarity

CADs from Whiteflash just arrived - your thoughts please!

ah7es

Rough_Rock
Whiteflash is making a custom eternity wedding band to go with my Vatche Caroline engagement ring (link to that topic: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/custom-design-vatche-caroline-ring-from-whiteflash.171998/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/custom-design-vatche-caroline-ring-from-whiteflash.171998/[/URL]). They sent me the CADs and I'm wondering if you think the rings will pair well together (I have asked for an image of both rings together, if possible), and what you think about the gallery setting, as it's much more closed than the original one I had looked at. (Last picture). Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Band 1.jpg

Band 2.jpg

Open Gallery.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: CADs from Whiteflash just arrived - your thoughts please

Very pretty! I do like the open gallery better though. Makes the stones much easier to clean too.

Kalrik

Shiny_Rock

Well anything will look great with your e-ring, haha. You will probably wear a spacer between them anyway, so I think with that it should all fit together nicely.

stci

Ideal_Rock

What to say? It's a beauty! :love: :love:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium

that's a beautiful ring! wear it in good health!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I absolutely prefer the open basket as opposed to the CAD's. I am going to say that it is a little dangerous to order a custom band because it needs to be set VERY low to work with the e-ring. What size are the stones? You will likely have to wear a spacer band between the two rings because the girdles of the shared prong diamonds may damage the e-ring. But regardless, it needs to be set where the diamonds are as close to the bottom as possible.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock

I would go with the open gallery also! I have an eternity ring with an open gallery and I love how nicely I can keep my diamonds clean.

Your band will be stunning paired with your solitaire!! :love:

Cachette :))

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

I'd go with the open basket as well, but will that make the ring too tall next to your ering? I'd guess that height is being factored in to the custom work.

I get all antsy when my stones are dirty, so anything that makes them easier to clean, is my preference.

maiyavel

Shiny_Rock

Gorgeous! I'd love to see them together. I have 2 eternities, and the one BGD made for me with the open gallery is just stunning and so easy to keep the stones clean as opposed to the one in the CADs. The one thing I would suggest is to request the prongs to be tiny and pinched together as much as possible to show off the roundness of the stones more. I get compliments everywhere I go on my band -- every time! Love your solitaire!

ah7es

Rough_Rock

Thank you all for your posts!

Laila619, Cachette, and maiyavel - I hadn't thought about cleaning the stones, but that makes perfect sense, thanks for pointing that out to me!

diamondseeker2006 - Whiteflash is making the band in order to fit with my modified Vatche Caroline e-ring, so it should be set low enough to sit flush. The stones are 15 pointers, at least they should be - originally it was between 20 15 pointers or 19 20 pointers, and I went with the 15 pointers because I thought the size would work better with the e-ring diamond, but the CAD has 19 diamonds, so I've asked them for clarification.

I hadn't thought about whether the more open gallery would cause the diamonds to sit higher, as that would definitely be a strike against it. I've sent my laundry list of questions to Whiteflash, so I'll let you know what they say, and will post new CADs if I end up changing anything.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Either setting can be made as low as possible. There is no reason whatsoever that the open gallery would have to be higher. Tiffany makes their rings with the open gallery and theirs are set among the lowest of all. But 15 pointers are going to sit high next to the Caroline, I am afraid. sna77's wife recently switched her band of 15 pointers to her right hand because her loose band hit against her e-ring and actually chipped the e-ring diamond and he had to make an insurance claim and replace her whole e-ring! So I will say that you will have to wear a spacer ring to protect your e-ring because a band of 15 pointers is going to be higher than the e-ring shank.
I really prefer for the heights to match so the eternity band doesn't stick out farther on the sides than the e-ring does. Hard to explain, but maybe I can find pictures.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Okay, I found some of sna's pictures. The first link will take you to a page that has pictures of her e-ring with the band of 15 pointers and you can see how much thicker it is than the e-ring shank, and that e-ring shank is not lower than the Caroline.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/rockytalky/40k-budget-find-me-a-diamond-t168853-270.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/rockytalky/40k-budget-find-me-a-diamond-t168853-270.html[/URL]

Then you can see her new smaller band which is more like the height of the e-ring, and she is wearing the band of 15 pointers on her other hand:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/rockytalky/40k-budget-find-me-a-diamond-t168853-360.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/rockytalky/40k-budget-find-me-a-diamond-t168853-360.html[/URL]

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
I think I'm the only one but I like the closed gallery. Though I do concede the point that open gallery is easier to keep sparkly clean :)

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

SweetAsscher|1330661996|3138940 said:
I think I'm the only one but I like the closed gallery. Though I do concede the point that open gallery is easier to keep sparkly clean :)

I actually prefer the closed gallery too. I think it looks sleeker.

I also think that 15pointers will be too high once set and would suggest that you look to smaller stones so the two rings really look like they were made for each other.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I like the closed gallery too. The open looks too busy to me.

ah7es

Rough_Rock

diamondseeker2006 - thank you so much for your posts! Here are two pictures of the look I'm trying to achieve. I agree, I do not want the wedding band to stick out past the engagement ring. I'm hoping to get some images of the two rings together, since the reason I wanted Whiteflash to make it was so that they could ensure that the two would go together. I really don't want to wear a spacer, so I might have to go down to 8 or 10 pointers. Any idea how big the rings in the attached pictures are? The first diamond is 2.1 carats I believe, and the second one is 3 carats. Mine is 2.263. Thanks for your help!

Example1.jpg

Example2.jpg

Brownie22

Rough_Rock

I love the open gallery band that you're looking at from WhiteFlash. I am actually looking to purchase a ring just like that (but with smaller stones) - how has your experience been working with them?

I love your engagement ring too and think your finished set is going to look very classic and beautiful.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

I'm going to vote for the open gallery as well, but for cleaning purposes only, I think that both look fantastic!

ah7es

Rough_Rock

Brownie22- Whiteflash has been great to work with. We bought the diamond from them and then they worked with Vatche to have the e-ring made and now they're working on the band. They work with you to make sure that the ring is absolutely perfect, and I know that some people have even sent their rings back if something seemed off and they were fixed without a problem. That's actually why I decided to go with Whiteflash for the wedding band rather than Vatche.

When I emailed back about the open versus closed gallery, the designer sent me a picture of a finished closed gallery (below), and I actually think I like it better than the open one. The CAD just seemed very bulky (which is normal), and I had a hard time imagining the finished product, but now that I see the two finished ones side by side I like the simpleness of the closed gallery. I'm hoping that cleaning won't be a huge issue? I never wear jewelry to the gym or in the shower or put lotion on when I'm wearing rings, so I haven't had a hard time keeping rings clean in the past.

Finally, based on diamondseeker2006's advice, I think a spacer is going to be needed to keep the rings from rubbing. I found a picture (below) of a 1 mm spacer that I think is hardly noticeable, so I've asked Whiteflash if they can make me something similar. The last option at the end of the day would be to wear the eternity band on my right hand and get a plain platinum band to go with my e-ring. It's hard to tell without being able to see the rings what will look and work best!

Thanks again for all of your thoughts. I can't wait to show you hand shots!

Closed.JPG

Spacer.JPG

ah7es

Rough_Rock

Okay, I got new CADs after asking WF to make the ring a little more like the Brian Gavin bead set that I had seen on here, and I just got the results (below). There is a lot more metal than there will be in the end, so right now it looks kind of bulky, but I'm hoping that some of you who are used to seeing CADs can help me figure out if the end result will be what I'm looking for. I'm attaching some pictures of the Brian Gavin ring that was the inspiration for the changes. I don't want to wear a spacer, so I am hoping that these changes to the design won't change the overall look I'm trying to achieve, but will protect my e-ring band. Your thoughts would be much appreciated!

New Band 1.jpg

New Band 2.jpg

BG1.jpg

BG2.jpg

lapelirroja

Shiny_Rock

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock

I agree I am not a fan of this look either.

ah7es

Rough_Rock

Here are the newest (and hopefully final!) CADs for the wedding band from WF. Since Vatche did the e-ring, WF doesn't have the exact CAD for it, so this ring was their best approximation. I believe the shank is approximately the same size, and the diamond is supposed to be the same as mine, but the band itself is very squared off and not at all like the Caroline.

Additionally, because of the way they do the CADs, the wedding band looks like it has A LOT of metal surrounding the diamonds. The end result will not be as metal-free as a shared prong, but it will look a lot less busy. I was trying to get away from having to wear a spacer, and I believe this will solve that problem.

The specs on the wedding band are 22 .10 ct diamonds, for a total of 2.2 cts, which I like since the e-ring diamond is 2.2 cts, so it seems like it should balance well.

New rings 1.jpg

New rings 2.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I haven't seen the Vatche ring you are talking about, but I am not loving that CAD. Someone else here had a ring this style and it was sold on the pre-loved forum. My first preference is still the baskets like Tiffany does theirs, and second the more closed gallery but ultra low sides so you can see the sides of the diamonds more (my WF huggie earrings are like that). I like this one least, I am sorry to say.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm not a fan either. I'd go with the shared prong and a spacer.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'd much prefer the shared prong band with a very thin spacer. I'm not loving the block look of this new CAD. You've got a beautiful engagement ring and the band should enhance the ring - not detract from it.

dani13

Ideal_Rock

Shared prong band with spacer all the way!!! :))

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Another vote for shared prong. I think it adds to your ering whereas the bead set detracts imho....

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I'm going against the grain. I prefer the new BGD inspired eternity, I think it goes very nicely with you ering. I really don't like spacers.

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock

I also prefer the BGD eternity ring, but then again, I wear one very similar with my 3-stone ering.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results