shape
carat
color
clarity

CAD from Brian Gavin Diamonds (BGD)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LetsGoPens

Rough_Rock
Hello all...here is a link at where the journey began. Original Post

Here is where I am at now:

I have been in touch with Lesley, nearly everyday weekday and she is great.

We went from BGD buying a ring outside that I liked, to Lesley showing me some of their in house rings, and then finally onto creating my own ring. I decided to go with a Tiffany style etoile band engagement ring (my girlfriend always goes on about how she just loves this ring) with BGD''s own uniqure Martini head prongs. I recieved the CADS today and am VERY pleased with it. We are going to put a hidden black stone on the inside (my girlfriend loves black and white gold combo jewlery, so I figured this would be a nice surprise). I am also attaching the diamond specs. Before I move forward with this I would really appreciate any questions/comments/concerns.

I also just wanted to show everyone who has helped me out and I wanted to open the floor for comments. Any suggestions???

Brian_Gavin_Ring7053mm.jpg

LetsGoPens

Rough_Rock
Note: Lesley said the CADS always make the ring "bulky" and the prongs WILL BE shaved down, those are not to scale.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Diamond, very unique setting but gorgeous! was it suppose to have the scattered diamonds in the shank though?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 3:10:01 PM
Author: D&T
Beautiful Diamond, very unique setting but gorgeous! was it suppose to have the scattered diamonds in the shank though?

He mentioned something about being like the Tiffany Etoile?

I looked at their blog a few days ago and loved this setting, it''s so unique with that twisty head. I think your GF will love it!

LetsGoPens

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 3:10:01 PM
Author: D&T

Yes, I wanted it to look like the tiffany etoile band...here is the link Tiffany Etoile Band

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I own the WF etoile band ring (3mm) and it is a very comfortable and beautiful ring.

My suggestion is that as I imagine Lesley is familiar with the comfort fit of that ring, they make yours equally comfortable.

My criticism is about the prongs - for me they are triangular (in a distracting from the stone type way) and not very fluid considering the simplicity of the etoile.

Hope you find my post helpful and not insulting.

ETA: It would be amazing to bezel the centre stone in a raised bezel perhaps with two secret diamonds also bezel set either side of the head....
30.gif

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty design. I love the band, it is one of my favorites! She is going to LOVE it! The diamond is absolutely spectacular BTW!
21.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How wide is the shank on the ering? The ring looks very pretty - I''m guessing that when finished the prongs won''t look as pointy?

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see pics IRL. I think it looks great and unique.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Very unique and cool design. Can''t wait to see pics of the actual ring.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
very modern and cool. Does her taste go for modern rather that traditional or romantic? If it does she will adore the ring. Very unusual, she will not see copies
of her ring everywhere! Congrats!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Looks very pretty! Very unique. Congrats on the decision!

LetsGoPens

Rough_Rock
Here are the pictures of the wax, just received today. I am also to receive a few more "regular" pictures of the diamond today - I will post those when I get them as well.

Please keep comments coming. Thanks!

Brian_Gavin_Richard-Martini2.jpg

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
*faint*

I absolutely love that martini setting and the bands in the shank just make it BETTER! I cannot wait to see the finished item.

LetsGoPens

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 4:52:56 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
How wide is the shank on the ering? The ring looks very pretty - I''m guessing that when finished the prongs won''t look as pointy?
The shank is going to be 3mm, ring size 6.5

Thanks - and yes, the prongs wont be as pointy. They still do have a triangular shape to them which I like, I think its a cool contrast. There is a picutre above of a solitare with the same setting as I am going to use.

Thanks!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it will be a beautiful ring when finished - keep those pictures coming!

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
That''s so unique! Are rings with 3 prongs common? I have never seen something like that before. I can''t wait to see it on your finger!!!
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
30.gif

LetsGoPens

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 11:52:01 AM
Author: LamborghiniGirl
That''s so unique! Are rings with 3 prongs common? I have never seen something like that before. I can''t wait to see it on your finger!!!
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Thanks. I dont see too many with 3 prongs, I just thought it looked so good. It will be in my girls finger. I am the guy! haha

Thanks.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 6:49:37 PM
Author: LetsGoPens

36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Thanks. I dont see too many with 3 prongs, I just thought it looked so good. It will be in my girls finger. I am the guy! haha

Thanks.

Your ring is going to turn out beautifully! Exciting time
1.gif

Are you a penguins fan??
9.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what an awesome, unique ring! If your girlfriend loves the Tiffany Etoile ring I bet she will love this even more because it''s better than the original! The head is so cool-I actually love the triangle shaped prongs. I can''t wait to see the finished version!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is going to be beautiful!

LetsGoPens

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 8:57:36 PM
Author: icekid

Date: 8/5/2009 6:49:37 PM
Author: LetsGoPens

36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Thanks.

Your ring is going to turn out beautifully! Exciting time
1.gif

Are you a penguins fan??
9.gif

Thank you.

Oh yes! Die hard guins fan...even after they had Mario and before they had Sid
41.gif

LetsGoPens

Rough_Rock
As stated above...2 more pics of the diamond from a ''real'' view, no magnify.

Note: Lesley dropped the diamond in a ring that could house one 3 times the size of mine, so just look at the diamond, not the setting.

Thanks!

Brian-Gavin_Hand-Shot-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results