shape
carat
color
clarity

blue topaz from Wink!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
Hi! I haven't posted in a long time, not sure if you all remember me. :) I got my ring remade in platinum from white gold about a year ago, and I had the old ring just sitting sad and empty for awhile. Well, I finally decided to put a stone in it! My fiance had given me blue topaz ring when we were in college as a promise ring, but it was stolen a few years ago from a hotel room. I decided to put a blue topaz in my white gold setting. I sent it to Wink, and this is what came back! It's really hard to get a picture that shows how pretty this stone is. This picture is blurry but it shows some of the sparkle. It wasn't expensive at all, but it sparkles like crazy- i have never seen a blue topaz sparkle like this one. Wink says it's because he's a cut nazi.
2.gif
I really like it!

topaz3js1234.JPG

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Oh my that is just the most beautiful shade of blue, and could it sparkle anymore than it already does? WOW!!! I love it.
30.gif
30.gif

shay

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi jennalyns
35.gif

Of course I remember you. Love the blue topaz, looks awesome!!
30.gif
Nice to see you back here!!!!
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooo, love the blue topaz, it looks great in your old setting..

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
it looks beautiful!!!!! looks great on your finger! nice and sparkly!

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! I love that shade of blue, and the setting with that topaz is gorgeous.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
the highest and finest form of recycling....congratulations on a beautiful ring!

movie zombie

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Jennalyns ~
emrose.gif

Oh, what a surprise! I think your ring is awesome.
emthup.gif

The blue is beautiful, it reminds me of the beach ... the blue rolling waves and glistening diamonds floating in the water! I love the cut, it is a portuguese cut?

Please post some more pics, I would love to see them!

Thanks for sharing, and have a great day!
35.gif

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Great idea! It is gorgeous. I also have an empty ring sitting around with nothing in it. Since the prongs in mine are yellow gold, I was thinking of a warm colored stone ( a ruby would be nice, but out of my price range right now).

I am curious about have two nearly identical rings-
do you wear the toapz as a right hand ring? How is it to have such similar rings on oth hands?
That''s the only thing that''s got me stumped right now.

Anyway your ring is GORGEOUS with that sparkly topaz!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I love the color-
it''s beautiful.

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all for the kind words. I''m really happy with the way it looks! I had considered putting a sapphire (both our birthstones), but I already have a sapphire ring, and the sapphire would have been pretty expensive, even for a stone that small, because I wanted a high-quality stone. Dbgaap, I was a little worried about having basically the same ring on two different hands, but the strong color of the topaz gives it a completely different look and feel than my e-ring, in person. Also, when I wear my wedding band on my left hand it gives the set a different look, so it doesn''t look like it''s two of the same ring. I probably won''t wear the topaz much until after the wedding in July, when I get to wear my band! :D

Miss Darlin Joy, I have no idea what kind of cut it is, just that it looks different from any gemstone i''ve seen- the sides of the stone are kind of curved out instead of going straight down to a point. I''ll take more pictures for you when the sun decides to come out again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results