shape
carat
color
clarity

Birthday/Anniversary Pendant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
My sister had her 37th birthday 9 days ago and her 17th year anniversary will be on July 8th, my BIL wanted to get her a Rolex watch
38.gif
, however she has expressed that she did not want a watch but would like something more sparkly since she is not a watch person. I''ve only seen her wear her Gucci watch a few times since he bought it in the first couple of years of their courtship so it would have been a waste. Right now, she''s getting her rings reset by our jeweler so during those visits to the jewelry store, she''s been eyeing some pendants. Of course, my DH and I took notes and made a few phone calls to our jeweler on cost and specs.
So, after convincing our brother-in-law to get my sister a pendant instead of the Rolex, we came up with this pendant. It''s a eternity/circle of life with a floating H&A diamond.
He gave it to her yesterday in front of family. She couldn''t believe it at first since BIL put the pendant on his 8 year old DD
33.gif
which obviously didn''t convince her it was real since DD has all sorts of fake cubic jewelery pieces, so we got him to take it off DD and had him put it on my sister. But she still thought it was fake until we showed her the AGS cert.
9.gif

She''s still in disbelief
23.gif
as it''s the only jewelery piece that she''s ever got after 17 years of marriage and 3 kids. He''s not one to give diamonds as he thinks it''s a waste of money. But I''m thinking he''s made lots of brownie points for this gift. Without further adieu, sorry the pics are a little blurry
7.gif
but it the best I could do.

The specs for the diamond is:

AGS Ideal
0.816ct
F
SI1
5.94x5.99x3.7mm
Depth 62.1%
Table 55.2%
Crown 34.5
Pavilion 40.7
Flourescence- negilible
Cutlet none
HCA- 1.1 - Excellent within the TIC range

The eternity/circle of life - .33 cttw, F/G VS/SI in 18k white gold

pendantcollage.JPG

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
::record player stops:: WOW!!! That is amazing! I like the added touch of the floating diamond! That is a nice change from all the circle of life pendants I have seen latey!! Beautiful!!
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful!! what a great idea! though if i were her i''d take the floating diamond out, set it as a pendant solitaire and then she has TWO pieces she can wear separately..hehee.
11.gif

congrats on getting BIL to pony up the bling....!!
31.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful..

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
That is really pretty. It''s such a unique pendant. Good job!
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very very pretty!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely!!!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Have mercy, that''s a gorgeous necklace.

shay

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Good for her!! Its a stunner all right!!

cheers--Sharon

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Good job convincing your BIL. Good thing your sis has you otherwise she''ll be without her bling. It''s a beautiful piece.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a great piece - especially love the touch of the floating diamond! Kudos to you guys for getting your BIL to snap out of it and get her something she would LOVE!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is such a cool twist on the circle of life style. I love the floating diamond!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
W
30.gif
W That is one stunning necklace! I am so totally in love. THat floating diamond is the absolute perfect touch! Oh I am jealous of all the beautfil bling that has been popping up all over the place lately!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
what a lovely pendant

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for the comments.

My Dh and I were very surprised as how well it turned out ourselves. I personally would have done exactly the same thing Mara said she would do. I think the more bling the better.
31.gif

However, like some of you said, the floating diamond does give the circle of life a new twist.

Now, I have to work on my own Dh for something for our anniversary in a couple of months. Hmmm.. maybe I''ll get dear ol''BIL to work on Dh for me.
31.gif
31.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pendant. Looks lovely on her neck.

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it and am glad your BIL listened to you, so she could get exactly what she wanted!!!

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a very pretty pendant. I like how the floating pendant gives it a unique twist. You are a good sister, steering your BIL in the right direction!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful pendant
30.gif
36.gif
i remember seeing a simular one at Roger''s jewelers.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results