shape
carat
color
clarity

BGD Solitaire Reset is Done! *Pics, pics, pics!*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! Classic, beautiful and understated. Really a lovely choice. Makes your diamond POP!
18.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
it''s perfect. if i were going to change settings (and i''m considering it), this is the one I''d get. Hope you don''t mind me saving your pics but your new ring is just gorgeous. totally
30.gif
it.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 12:26:01 PM
Author: DiamondCat
I''ve been lurking for a year and a half now and your fishtail pave set is one of my favourites but this set is just GORGEOUS!! It''s my new favourite set on PS
30.gif

do you think this setting would be delicate enough for a 0.75 carat diamond? I love BGD!!
4.gif
DC,
Thank you for the compliments.
Honestly, I think this setting would be *PERFECT* for a .75 stone. It is VERY, VERY delicate.
I would be flattered and honored for you to have a set like this, too!
30.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 5:15:55 PM
Author: elle_chris
it''s perfect. if i were going to change settings (and i''m considering it), this is the one I''d get. Hope you don''t mind me saving your pics but your new ring is just gorgeous. totally
30.gif
it.
Thanks for the sweet post.

Well, as I told DC above, I''d be honored and flattered for anyone to get a setting like this. It really is killer.
30.gif
I am loving it; I think anyone would.

Keep us posted what you decide to do!!!

DiamondCat

Shiny_Rock
I don''t think I''ll be the only one lusting after this set!!
31.gif
I hope BGD make this one of their standard offerings. I''m hoping to see it up on their blog soon. It would be soo awesome if you got to name it!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 5:49:01 PM
Author: DiamondCat
I don't think I'll be the only one lusting after this set!!
31.gif
I hope BGD make this one of their standard offerings. I'm hoping to see it up on their blog soon. It would be soo awesome if you got to name it!
Yeah, that'd be pretty cool.

When my last set was designed (particularly the swoopy gallery part), WF told me I could name it, but then I guess they must've forgotten, because next thing I knew it was being called the "Legato", which is, of course, a very cool name. I probably couldn't have come up with anything any better... but still, it would have been fun to try!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

And oh, BTW, I think it will be up on the blog soon.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
That reset is just beautiful. A solitaire with a diamond band is one of my favorite looks but for your stone the new setting is perfect. I remember my BF asking for guidance and I told him I like more elaborate settings for smaller stones and simple settings for larger stones. I love the fact you can switch up the bands too.

But....you may have conflicted me....I want a micropave ring, and it is probably already in the works....but I will probably only get a 1 ct stone, so hopefully I won''t have the big diamond, small diamond contrast you had.

Overall, that is a simple, beautiful, classic setting
30.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 8:25:36 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker

That reset is just beautiful. A solitaire with a diamond band is one of my favorite looks but for your stone the new setting is perfect. I remember my BF asking for guidance and I told him I like more elaborate settings for smaller stones and simple settings for larger stones. I love the fact you can switch up the bands too.

But....you may have conflicted me....I want a micropave ring, and it is probably already in the works....but I will probably only get a 1 ct stone, so hopefully I won''t have the big diamond, small diamond contrast you had.

Overall, that is a simple, beautiful, classic setting
30.gif
LFC,

I am so sorry to have conflicted you. Please forgive, that was never my intention.

I have no idea how the "contrast" (if any) might be between a one-carat stone and the melee... but it may be something that is a total non-issue for you. It has to be something that most people simply don''t notice or don''t mind, because obviously, it is a very classic, popular and enduring look.

Your ring sounds like it will be simply beautiful, and I think you''ll be just fine! It''s just ME that''s insane!
2.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
wow, just WOW!!

i must admit, my heart sank when i read that you were going to do a reset. i absolutely adored your fishtail set. i don''t think i even commented on your reset thread because i was so sad about it.... BUT... your new set is honest-to-goodness... STUNNING. beyond stunning, really.

i''m a classic solitaire lover myself [despite adoring your fishtail!] and this is the creme de la creme of solitaire settings! i love that your stone is big + center + completely showcased in all it''s glory. nothing beats that.

oh, and man, i must say BGD does some seriously great work! i can''t get over how fluid the setting is. the craftsmanship is absolutely impeccable! and those BGD beauty shots? the best!

i also love the shot that you took of your two wedding bands sitting side by side. i thought your fishtail setting was as delicate as they come, but seeing that shot, well shoots, i''d love to see your new super delicate [yet sturdy!] setting in person! SWOON!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

loverock

Shiny_Rock
Lynn, You have made the best choice. Love your reset!
41.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh lynn, it turned out simply beautiful! I totally got why you wanted to go back to the plain band and although your old set is still one of my all time favorites I think this new set is just so you. I love it with the plain band too. It''s just gorgeous, truly.......

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I so loved your fishtail pave set, but I can see why you love the solitaire look too. Beautiful rings!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG, I HEART that setting! It is so tempting...but I''ve already decided on another and I shouldn''t change my mind...If I ever upgrade and get a solitaire, this is what I want!!!! I''m saving a pic!!!
30.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And yummy.
3.gif

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Wow, those prongs are top notch perfection! What exquisite workmanship. I adored your fishtail pave set- and it really is one of my very favorite ever for a modern RB- but this is pretty fabulous too. It really does make your stone look HUGE!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
WOW! Breathtaking re-set. Absolutely stunning. I love all 3 combinations - with plain band, diamond band, and all three together... Your set is one of my favourites.
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE the understated elegance of your new set, Lynn.
30.gif
30.gif
It really lets the centre stone be the centre of attention. The craftsmanship is magnificient, very "fluid", as someone else has said.

I also love the 3-ring combination.

BGD have done it again!!
36.gif

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/11/2009 10:17:57 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Perfection! A diamond solitaire in a plain platinum setting with a plain matching band. My favorite set of all time. It works for diamonds big and small. And, yours is huge. I bet it feels great to have your dimaond back.

Wear it in good health and enjoy.
36.gif
I couldn''t agree with you more - my original ering setting hads a micropave split shank but after a while it started to look like more of a cocktail ring than an ering so I changed it to a solitaire and I couldn''t be happier. The valuation for the ring went up when I did the reset to, despite there being no diamonds in the band
9.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah, that is the ticket! i love the reset! bees knees!

VRB1

Rough_Rock
great choice i love it!!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lynn, oh, it''s just PERFECT. It''s so fluid and delicate, and your center stone really shines. I''m another one who thought your fishtail pave set was one of the best settings out there, but I understand wanting a solitaire, and I LOVE the way your new set looks. Wear it in good health! By the way, I was wondering, which vendor did your center stone come from? It''s one of the most beautiful diamonds I''ve seen on PS.

small_paws

Rough_Rock
I totally agree!
30.gif
I adore your setting! I love the dainty simple ones and just love how your focus is drawn to nothing else but that beautiful rock you have YUM!
30.gif
30.gif
18.gif

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Lynn, I think you had set the bar for your fishtail pave rings. We all saved your pics in our computers and we all wanted one of our own! BUT your new ring is beautiful and classic! It looks great with either band or with both. It''s too bad you can''t just "pop" the diamond out and put it into the fishtail setting when you feel like a little more bling. Wouldn''t that be cool?...an interchangeable basket. Either way, you did fantastic as always. Your new setting is gorgeous!

BTW, I saw in a catalog (can''t remember which one) but now they have a Jewel Jet WITH an ultrasonic cleaner as one piece of equipment! NOW someone is getting with the program to satisfy PSers!!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning!! Wear them in good health and happiness
35.gif

SB621

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
23.gif
that is gorgeous!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well Lynn, this certainly proves the point that MrsSalvo and I always make...we just need more than one wedding set! Naturally I love it! I think you''ll be happy with the plain solitaire as long as you can have more than one wdding band!
9.gif
I am late replying because we bought a new house last month and are gradually moving in. I am furniture shopping instead of jewelry shopping for the next few months! Then we have to get our old house ready to sell which is not nearly as much fun! Merry Christmas!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Your reset is gorgeous, it looks so fluid and graceful (so you picked a perfect name for it - I saw in your other thread) and the diamond looks huge on you!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Simply stunning!!! That stone just POPS now
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results