color
clarity

BGD Blue in Tiffany haf round

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Timeless and elegant, congratulations :wavey:

decisively_unsure

Shiny_Rock
It's an interesting one. The stone is obviously of a higher standard to most Tiffany stones, but the setting is not as nice at all, looking like what it is, which is an imitation.

I too would have issues with the precision of the setting especially with a "super ideal" round in it!!!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A lovely and classic ring, congratulations. :appl:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Angela06 - I love your gorgeous stone and setting. I was just wondering what ever came of the off center head? Did they re-make the ring to be symmetrical (as it should be), or did you choose another setting? I'm wondering if BGD did the right thing for you. Did they end up giving you outstanding customer service?

I'm working with them on a project and I've had some over the top awesome customer service and some really sub par customer service. Just wondering how they've handled this for you and if you are happy with the final outcome. Plus, it's an excuse to post more photos of your lovely ring! :naughty:

angela06

Shiny_Rock
Re: My Brian Gavin Blue in Classic Half Round solitaire

JDDN|1444268345|3936070 said:
Angela06 - I love your gorgeous stone and setting. I was just wondering what ever came of the off center head? Did they re-make the ring to be symmetrical (as it should be), or did you choose another setting? I'm wondering if BGD did the right thing for you. Did they end up giving you outstanding customer service?

I'm working with them on a project and I've had some over the top awesome customer service and some really sub par customer service. Just wondering how they've handled this for you and if you are happy with the final outcome. Plus, it's an excuse to post more photos of your lovely ring! :naughty:

Hi JDDN,

I returned the ring to BGD for them to look at the ring for the second time, and (after several days and emails), Lesley called me and we chatted for a long time about what could be done. They just couldn't see the twist I had seen, even in person or in pictures. She said that she wanted me to be happy. The jeweler couldn't rework that setting again, but they could make a new one for me. We talked about what styles and metals I like, etc.. She knew some details of things I liked, presumably from reading my posts here. She knew that I loved Ame's ring. After pouring over the website again, and thinking hard about which solitaire setting made my knees the weakest (budget permitting), I chose the Grace solitaire in platinum, which is being made for me now. It's a clean simple design and I feel that it will go with many low band styles. The claw prongs had me, as well as the open basket for easy cleaning.

Everyone I spoke with at BGD (Jamie, Lesley, Anthony) have been helpful. I preferred to work with Lesley, as she could handle the return and refund transactions. Getting everything sorted out required many emails and several phone calls. They issued a full refund on the Classic (previously called the Tiffany classic) half round, and paid for all shipping. I paid the $625 price difference between the WG Classic and the platinum Grace. I will post again once I receive the glam shots, which should be in a couple of weeks.

I am looking forward to getting my ring, especially since I have barely seen it since I bought it at the end of July. But what is a couple weeks more, right?

Overall, they have done everything to make it right with me. Outstanding? No. Communication was much slower than I would like, which has made resolution take a painfully long time. To be fair, BGD observes Jewish holidays, of which there were several during this time period (end of Aug through Sept). There could have been many reasons for slow communication and action.However, I am pleased that I was never accused of being too picky, and my wishes were respected and responded to cordially with a full refund for the first setting. I will continue to recommend BGD, and will use them again for other projects.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I know you must be a bit sad to not have your ring now. I am sorry that you had the issue with your first setting, but I am glad that BGD is taking care of you. I too have found that communication with them can be a bit erratic (feast or famine) at times, but the information provided is thoughtful, knowledgeable and the end product is worth it IMO.

I can't wait to see many pics of your gorgeous BGD Blue in the elegant Grace setting!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for updating us and for your account of how the issue is being resolved. Just wondering....did you choose to go for another setting because you didn't trust they would remake the Classic in a symmetrical way? Given they didn't see any asymmetry and all.

I'm really glad to hear they are doing the right thing for you and taking care of things like shipping, etc. I have found email communication abysmal and slow with one person (this was not during holidays), and lightening fast with another.

I hope that when you finally receive your ring you are blown away and you almost fall off your chair from delight!! I can't wait to see photos of your gorgeous diamond in the Grace setting. It's one of my favorites.....so timeless, classic, and just beautiful.

Thank you again for the honest update. Will be checking in for photos! :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad to hear they are working with you. I hope you love your new ring.

angela06

Shiny_Rock
My new ring is ready and will be shipped tonight! Lesley sent some photos for approval and it looks amazing! The photos had gridlines superimposed over the images to check for symmetry and it looks perfect! :appl: :love:
Hoping to get my Glamour shots in tomorrow's email. :)

5976_a-nguyen-tan-1043570-1.jpg
6050_a-nguyen-tan-1043570-4.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow those photos look great. I can't wait to see your glamour shots.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh ooh!! It's looking so good, can't wait to see! :appl:

angela06

Shiny_Rock
Should I post in a new SMTR thread? I've got GLAMOUR SHOTS!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks EXCELLENT!!! :clap:

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
POST!POST!POST! YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYES!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results