shape
carat
color
clarity

Beverley K upgrade setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay. Apparently I have elephant skin and humongous sausage fingers. It goes against my already shaky self-image to post these, but I know I have to. I know my pics are terrible.

1.77ct RB, K, 7.8mmx7.75mmx4.72mm, VS1, excellent cut
Setting: Beverley K 18K white gold, size 7, custom matching WB
ER: .24ctw, WB: .36ctw

bk 0062.jpg

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, time out. Didn''t resize the rest of the pics small enough I guess. Argh!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I love it, and I love how the band fits with the engagement as well
9.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ER only, last one for now. Thanks for looking.

bk 011lyraeronly.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
lyra, it looks gorgeous...what do you think of it? you know you''re not going to get off with so few pics right
2.gif
seriously, we need many, many more...I really like how it looks with the wedding band!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh lyra, it''s gorgeous. I just love the setting, so pretty. Love the matching wedding band, it''s a stunning set!!!
30.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woooeeeeee!!!!!! Its beautiful Lyra!!!!!!!
30.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What an incredibly beautiful set! I adore the wedding ring - there''s something very Art Deco about that curve.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your set lyra, it is truly beautiful.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ladies. Gah! Do I really have to attempt more pics?
32.gif

Mrs. S, the setting is perfect for me. I wanted a very vintage look for the K stone. Most of the time it looks much better in this setting, sometimes it looks worse. What I like most about the setting is how low to the finger it sits. The WB practically locks into place and it's just one smooth setting, nothing sticking out anywhere. Absolutely comfortable to wear, it's like it's not even there. I love how white the WG looks too, and the melee stones are all perfect.

Things I learned: a lower setting does make the diamond seem smaller at first. But in a way, it gives more finger coverage sitting so close to the finger. The culet of the diamond comes right to the very middle of the heart on the side view. When I got the setting I didn't think my diamond would even fit in it, but it rests in the cradle below the prongs. I wasn't expecting millgrained prongs, but I do like them, and think they go better with the rest of the detail. Pearlman's setter did an awesome job setting the stone too. The prongs are very dainty from the top, they are not dominant at all. As for enhancing the colour of my stone, or not, it does both.
41.gif
Outside in indirect sunlight my stone now looks bluish white. I'm sure it doesn't have fluorescence, but it definitely looks a lot whiter in most settings. In some, like the inside the car, well, the tint is there. Probably the high solitaire letting in a lot more light helped the colour in some cases before. But I also learned I'm not a solitaire person in the long run.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock

Oh. My. Goodness. Lyra, I love them both!

What a beautiful reset
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
!!

Buffy01

Shiny_Rock
I love the whole set, BEAUTIFUL. I especially love the way the wedding band curves under the head, because it makes the Diamond POP!!!!! Absolutely gorgeous.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks again. I see I captured the tint of the K in these shots. Next time I''ll try for the bright white effect, although I''m not sure how to set that up. I was very self conscious taking these pics today because my neighbours were outside and I''m sure they could see what I was doing. Really, the things we''ll do for ring shots.
26.gif
There''s a lot of pink in the first one because I was wearing pink and was under our cherry tree, which is in bloom. I guess I''ll have to study up more on taking pics and cropping them, sorry!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh lyra, it''s a beautiful set, really! The first thing I thought before reading all your posts was, "what a unique and vintagey feel that setting has, particularly the way the wband is designed..." It''s got that Art Deco vibe that I adore. Congrats, enjoy, and wear it in good health!
36.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/9/2008 4:28:54 PM
Author: surfgirl
Oh lyra, it''s a beautiful set, really! The first thing I thought before reading all your posts was, ''what a unique and vintagey feel that setting has, particularly the way the wband is designed...'' It''s got that Art Deco vibe that I adore. Congrats, enjoy, and wear it in good health!
36.gif
Thanks surfgirl. I was actually taking a lot of what you had said previously (in general and about my stone in particular) when I picked the setting. I couldn''t have an OEC, but I love the antique look and low settings. The colour of the stone is suited to this setting, if that makes sense. A bright white stone would look great too, but I wasn''t intending on trying to enhance or hide anything about my warm stone. I wanted it to look old. If that makes sense?

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Pretty..congrats Lyra. Is it hard to clean the diamond though? I am looking at how low into the head the diamond sits, and there''s alot of gold/prongs..is there a hole inside the ring, under the diamond, to be able to get in and clean the stone? Just curious, since I have contemplated different style heads for my diamond, and some look as though , once set, the diamond would be hard to clean (pavillion). Great looking set though!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS SET! So lovely! I adore your band with your lovely ering. Reallyreally spectacular!
36.gif
30.gif

aggiebling09

Shiny_Rock
what a stunner! Congrats on your new bling
3.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/9/2008 4:50:38 PM
Author: beau13
Pretty..congrats Lyra. Is it hard to clean the diamond though? I am looking at how low into the head the diamond sits, and there''s alot of gold/prongs..is there a hole inside the ring, under the diamond, to be able to get in and clean the stone? Just curious, since I have contemplated different style heads for my diamond, and some look as though , once set, the diamond would be hard to clean (pavillion). Great looking set though!
Hi Beau! I should have attempted a pic of the underside, not that it''s spectacular. It''s very open under the diamond, so yes, cleaning is very easy. I''m not putting these in the US because of the bead set pave, just in case. Well, I might once in a great while, I don''t know. There''s just nothing like an US cleaning. I''ll try not to.

When I had the ring appraised after the remount, the appraiser was kind of frustrated, I must admit. It was very hard to get accurate measurements at all, and we argued over colour a bit. I wanted the stone more protected as I had whacked it a few times, and a very tiny nic had shown up last time I had it checked. That freaked me out, so I went for the most protective setting I could get. I was worried I''d get a major chip sooner or later the way it was exposed before, what with me having no grace of any kind!
41.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Well..there is alot of "diamond coverage", it looks well protected for sure! That''s good that it''s open underneath(inside)..that stone will stay sparklie forever then!! Enjoy!!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
that such a great upgrade, i love the detailing on the profile

woohoo congrats on the upgrade
36.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a GORGEOUS set. Congratulations!!!!
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results