shape
carat
color
clarity

Better late than never! Cushion w/micropave

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

portia

Brilliant_Rock

I''m finally posting pics of my ering. Sorry it took so long - got engaged Nov. 4th. Finally had a sunny day on a weekend where FI and I were both home and had time to take pics. The stone and setting are from Isaac at Dimend Scaasi. He is fantastic to work with! Very patient, informative, professional and BEAUTIFUL jewelry. I was all set to get a round with a shared prong setting and then Isaac pulled out this stone and that was it... we fell in love!!

3.gif

Here are the specs:

GIA cert
1.92 cushion brilliant
VS1
E
depth: 66.7%
table: 56%
culet: med
polish: EX
symmetry: EX
flour: Faint
girdle: med - slightly thick faceted
And now without further ado.... the pics!

DSC_0019_sm.JPG

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
That is gorgeous. Beautiful stone and setting. I love cushions too!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s absolutely stunning. Congratulations!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone!!

albicocca- I was just checking out your thread... love the Vera Wang setting. Very elegant! I also love the pictures with your cat wearing the ring. So cute! I would try to do that with our cats but I''m afraid they''d freak out and send the ring flying.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement Portia! Your new ring is so beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing with us.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got a sneak peek when you posted over in BWW but I''ll say it again here. I LOVE it, your cushion simply stunning and you picked the perfect setting for it. Congrats on your engagment too.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2006 5:20:24 PM
Author: portia
albicocca- I was just checking out your thread... love the Vera Wang setting. Very elegant! I also love the pictures with your cat wearing the ring. So cute! I would try to do that with our cats but I''m afraid they''d freak out and send the ring flying.

Thanks!
9.gif
The first thing that occurred to me when I saw your title was "OOH SOUNDS LIKE MINE!"
4.gif
So I certainly approve of your cushion with micropave choice!
9.gif

And yeah, I sort of held the ring up to my cat for a looong time before getting the nerve up to actually put it on her! But she was sound asleep and therefore extremely cooperative...until she woke up and tried to eat it.
23.gif
But it was rescued safely, and now she just bats at it occasionally since it''s so sparkly!
3.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very, very beautiful and elegant. Thanks for sharing.

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Holy Guacamole Portia! What a ring. I adore the whole thing, especially the setting with the double row of stone. Just beautiful. Congratulations on your engagement!

I wish you well,

Bridget

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love it portia, great job and congrats!!

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Love your cushion and that setting is amazing. LOVE it. Congratulations!!!
35.gif

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
Wow. It looks gorgeous!!!

I've been looking at this setting, so you'll have to tell me more about how you like it! :)

Can a WB sit flush with it? Does the culet sit against your finger? It's thicker looking that I thought it would be...but soooooo pretty!

Do you have any more pics you can share? Maybe a close side view? I'd love to see more!!!

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! I cannot believe you have not shown us pictures of that gorgeous thing before now!
11.gif
31.gif
It is absolutely stunning
30.gif
30.gif

Congratulations!
36.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is spectacular! I love the setting as well . . . great picture taking skills too! Congrats!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Woweee!!! Congratulations on your engagement and that gorgeous ring!!!!!!

PLEASE post more pictures!!! I love to see more detail of the mounting....

widget

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
It''s absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations!!!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is beautiful! Congrats!!!

portia

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks all for your comments!

We''d been trying to take pics of this ring for awhile and found that the trick is to take them outside in direct sunlight. The indoors shots we took looked horrible, even in the sun. Our windows are slightly tinted so I wonder if that''s why.

widget - I''ll see if I can take some more photos in the next couple of days.

JDgirl - I absolute love the setting, however it''s still a bit big on me so the culet does rest on my finger (it''s already been resized once). I can''t feel it, but I can see it touching from the side view. It''s like the top part of the ring isn''t narrow enough and my finger fits in there. With it sitting so low a WB would not sit flush. I''m going to go back to Isaac and see what we can do to fix that. I''ll get some more detail shots for you.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pictures!... and great ''subject'', of course
2.gif

Congratulations for the nice ring
1.gif

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
Ooooooh, I can't wait to see more detailed pics!!! I'd noticed this ring on Isaac's site before and liked it, but not until I saw your ring did I realize how MUCH I like it. I'm hoping that a WB could fit underneath and flush, because I'm really intent on having a straight WB. I can't wait to show your pics to my BF! Have you had any problems with the design yet? (Other than being too big, of course) :)

Thanks for sharing!!!
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
The pictures were worth the wait! Congrats on your lovely ring!
36.gif

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring! It looks absolutely perfect on your hand! Congratulations.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results