shape
carat
color
clarity

Before and After

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, now that is a terrific transformation! Very beautiful! I also vote for drops for the marquise!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I can say is WOW! - your diamond really SHINES in its new setting - happy for you!

hairgirl95

Shiny_Rock
Holy Moley!! That is a totally different look from before. And I LOOOOOOVE it! Whatcha gonna do with the marquise from the old setting? Earrings? Excellent choice on the remount.

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
WOAH!! Proof that a setting can make a difference!! I love the after! Totally new look for an amazing icy white diamond!

I too say MQ drops!!
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh very pretty.

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
thanks motown! i remember your words about this- be patient and get exactly what you want. - i had to bite my lip when you said that because i knew you were right, but i am the most IMpatient person you will ever meet!! but, as it turned out, this was exactly what i wanted, and it was kind of right there staring at me, so i did it, and it didn''t take long to find it at all!

i think im siding with drop MQ too, snooper! tacori says drops with halos- you sure know how to spend my money tacori!!
emotion-5.gif
that would be nice, we''ll see...

thanks everyone, i''m going to add some more pics, it occured to me that the top of the ring looks fuzzy, i think the camera focuses on the band and leaves the top behind. here are some distance shots with flash...

isis09.jpg

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
alright, i dont like how paint shop pro resizes, now its pixelated . oh well, here''s another grainy shot

isis10.jpg

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
i hope i spelled pixel right. i should look these things up, so as not to look like an idiot.

isis12.jpg

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
a sneak peek at what it will look like with the custom band. this one is not curved and the diamonds are terrible, but the size and look are kind of similar. can''t wait, think its gonna be great!

isis13.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous and just dynamic with that FAB bracelet! Show off!
25.gif
... I''m just jealous. Hmmpf!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Delicate, elegant, and gorgeous - this looks fabulous!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
isis, the "after" is fabulous! i love the way it looks with your diamond bangle too!
30.gif
what a blinding left hand!!
36.gif

i think the straight diamond wedding band looks awesome with your "new" ring. it''s just me tho, cuz i''ve never been a fan of curved wedding bands.

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Love the new pics! Your ring looks fantastic with your bracelet and the band you are getting is going to look great!! Congrats!!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fantastic transformation! I love every aspect of what you''ve done, and with that band it''s absolutely perfect. It''s a stunner
30.gif

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/11/2008 2:50:38 PM
Author: isis~goddess
ok, that one was blurry, let me try again, as frank would say...
THAT is an amazing shot of your ring!!!!! WOW

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH MY, the new pics are fantastic! It looks perfect with your bracelet. The entire set is so delicate and gorgeous together!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isis - worry not!!!!!!!! You saw what you liked and even got a deal - it was MEANT to be. ENJOY! It looks perfect on your hand. I always marvel at the time, energy and patience that people on this forum have - I too am impulsive - it just seemed like you were being pulled in a lot of different directions before, but in my opinion you took the right road for sure!!! Can''t wait to see it with its band!!!

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
just wanted to say thanks to everyone for complimenting my choice. i appreciate it, i had a little problem though, i''m kind of bummed right now...

motown- are you sure we don''t each other from some other life? yes, i was pulled into varies directions, but i think part of that is my complicated personality, but i digress... i thought it was meant to be too, BUT THEN..., when i was taking some shots yesterday, i noticed there was a little more space on one side of the center stone than the other. it was kind of enough to distract my eye. after a while , it was all i saw! i took it in to the b&m today, they said, yea, there was a little space, but the setting is not perfecty rectangular. hte nice jeweler tried to reset it to my liking about 3 times, i was so picky it must have annoyed him to death. i can''t help it though, my eye is just somehow trained to seek total perfection, i take after my mom. anyway, he lowered the diamond in the setting just a fraction, this made up for the space, and it look equally spaced around the sides now, but im not sure how i feel about the lowness. its just so completely flush with the halo, i just dont know how i feel anymore. i dont know, i was sitting in that store for like an hour going back and forth, i had a huge headache toward the end and just wanted to leave. maybe if i sleep on it and look again tomorrow.. one thing is for sure, if i go back, and those people see me coming in the door, they are going to head for the hills that is guarenteed! i think raising it back up at this point would require retipping, i don''t know how far they are willing to go before they just mark me crazy and move one!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
don''t sweat this - I feel your pain, but if these guys just don''t see it and cannot fix it, sometimes someone else with a little creativity and a fresh eye can do it - It doesn''t sound like a fatal flaw - hang in there - it IS beautiful and should be made right. Good luck!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Ohh that is beautiful! Look at that fire!! Congrats!

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is AMAZING!! What did you do with the marquise diamonds? New earrings??!!

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oops! I almost forgot. You may be having trouble posting the before pics if the files are named the same as they were before. I''ve had this problem

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/13/2008 9:06:38 AM
Author: motownmama
don''t sweat this - I feel your pain, but if these guys just don''t see it and cannot fix it, sometimes someone else with a little creativity and a fresh eye can do it - It doesn''t sound like a fatal flaw - hang in there - it IS beautiful and should be made right. Good luck!
mowtown, you have a way of always making me feel better! how do you do it? are you a professional counciler of some kind? oh thats right, your a mom, that explains it.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I heart your new set, it''s beautiful! so so elegant and awesome, enjoy it!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your new set is gorgeous and I love the braclet!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
W
30.gif
W W
30.gif
W W
30.gif
W W
30.gif
W very very pretty!!

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
just wanted to say thank you sparkles, skippy, sophie, angel, nclrgirl or your compliments! i am having technical difficulties with the ring right now, due to a setting adjustment gone bad, but i''ve got it back in for service, and i think the b/m store that did the work and i are at an understanding with what needs to ge done at this point to get things in order again. the prongs should be double prongs and the stone will sit a little higher when they are done, so hopefully it will look even better!

KNOWLA

Rough_Rock
That is BEAUTIFUL!!!
30.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I LOVE the new setting!!!!!

Congratulations, it''s gorgeous!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BEAUTIFUL!! i agree, i think this new setting lets your stone SHINE and the effect is just gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results