shape
carat
color
clarity

Before and After - Ring and Necklace from old wedding ring.

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
I posted about this project a few weeks ago on Rocky Talky. My grandmother gave me her wedding ring right before she passed away and I wanted to make it into something I'd wear on a daily basis. The original ring was not my style and was set in yellow gold (white gold gal, here!) and it also was much larger than my engagement ring which was a little weird for me.

I went to a custom jeweler in Baltimore (CS Pierce) and had them help me come up with what I ended up with and I love it! The necklace is just 2/3 of the ring as is, just set with a bale and on a white gold chain. I love that it's sparkly and fairly understated as a necklace and still has the look of the original ring and is the perfect way to remember her. Then with the remaining diamonds we made a bezel bubble ring, which is a fun dainty RHR! :)

I also have small cluster diamond earrings that matched the wedding set that I got rhodium plated and wear daily as well.

_12527.jpg

_12528.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Before and After - Ring and Necklace from old wedding ri

I LOVE what you did with that ring, especially the re-constructed bezeled band ring. :love: How wonderful that you were able to honor your grandmother's memory by turning her ring into items that you can wear every day!

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock

When I saw the original ring I really liked it and thought I might have kept it intact - but then I saw the beautiful pieces you had made up. I love the way the pendant pays homage to the ring while the ring is a modern style. Enjoy.

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock

Oh I love what you did with it!! So beautiful and a great way to marry the vintage and modern styles!! :appl: :love:

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock

Thank you VRBeauty!!

JLW05|1386554730|3570236 said:
When I saw the original ring I really liked it and thought I might have kept it intact - but then I saw the beautiful pieces you had made up. I love the way the pendant pays homage to the ring while the ring is a modern style. Enjoy.

Thanks! I was originally really torn about remaking it into something and toyed with the idea of keeping it as is, but I wouldn't have worn it very often. I also didn't like that with it on my right hand it overshadowed my wedding set. My dad (her son) also encouraged me to have it remade into something I would happily wear every day, and agreed that it would be a little weird wearing someone else's wedding ring especially if it was larger than my own. (My e-ring has a much larger center stone but the appearances of the clusters was way bigger) I've also wanted a small bezel diamond ring for a while so this worked out well :)

Thank you Mrs. W 514!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's great that you were able to re-purpose your old ring into 2 new pieces! Gives new meaning to the phrase "recycle, re-purpose, reuse"! :))

sherylMJS

Rough_Rock
Trade

Wow! This is really a brilliant idea. For sure your grandmother is really happy on how you take good care of her ring as well as recycle it. Great job!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock

That is an absolutely brilliant re-modelling! Gorgeous! :appl:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

What a great repurpose project! I love that you kept the original style with your pendant and the bubble bezel ring is so fun and classic. Great job!

kat08

Rough_Rock

I really love what you've done with your grandmother's diamonds! The new ring and necklace are gorgeous, and I think it was definitely important to set them in a style you'll love and want to wear all the time. What a great way to remember her!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Both pieces are perfect! What a great idea! I love that you will be able to wear the pieces all the time. I bet your grandma would have loved the idea!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Such a wonderful way to create something you will wear everyday and is still a remembrance of a loved one. Much better than it sitting in a jewelry box all the time. I'm sure she would be pleased to know you get joy from it.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Very clever and practical use of grand moms ring!

Rebecca0388

Rough_Rock

Beautiful pieces, a lovely way to remember her by having them made into something you will wear daily.

I love that you made the pendant from part of the original ring. The perfect way to wear it close to your heart.

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock

I love when old pieces get a new life. Now you have a beautiful bezel band and a lovely pendant to remember your grandma from! :appl: :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Great job! They're beautiful!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, they turned out beautifully, what a great idea!! I really like that the pendant is basically the ring, that was a stroke of genius - and that band is so pretty! I'm really glad this worked out so well! :appl:

MisterFredMan

Rough_Rock

love them both! those are so pretty, and a wonderful way to honor your grandmother. and i am super envious of your little bubble ring, so cute!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results