shape
carat
color
clarity

Before, Almost & After - My New Setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GemView

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/28/2008 12:10:21 AM
Author: Miranda
Oh I love your ring. It is so unique. Your stone is just gorgeous, too!

Thanks for the kind words, Miranda.

My stone didn't score horribly on the HCA -- a respectable ~1.5. Just the same, it is nowhere near ideal according to AGS standards. And in the knowledge library, I found that my diamond fell under the HCA spectrum for earrings and pendants (not suited for rings). All of which is to say, I hope this thread encourages people who don't have diamonds of the highest HCAs, or don't have the GIA and AGS certs to take heart. Of course, I would recommend those diamonds sold by the vendors here because I've seen how beautiful they are. Just the same, my EGL USA certed diamond wasn't bad at all. Before I found PS, however, I joined another forum, which will go unnamed, and they raked me over the coals saying only inferior diamonds are sent to the EGL whereas all the good ones go to GIA (they didn't mention AGS over there, but this was little over two years ago).

You can learn so much or hear so many opinions that you can get a bit paranoid -- I know I did -- but ultimately the eyes don't deceive. Everybody likes a different look, and the somewhat dark appearance that Garry warned me about doesn't bother me one bit. As a result, I hope those who are lurking with other diamonds that were purchased before they found PS will feel encouraged to post them whether or not they are high HCA performers or not!

GemView

Shiny_Rock
Well -- feeling sheepish
20.gif
-- there can't be a page 2 without pictures can there?
3.gif

Here's a collage of leftover pics:

[Edit: Oops. I didn't realize that would make page 3!]

GemView_Collage.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great pictures. I love the arrows on that one photo.

GemView

Shiny_Rock
21.gif
Thanks!

clicker

Rough_Rock
WOW! Great pictures and an amazing looking setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results