shape
carat
color
clarity

Before, Almost & After - My New Setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GemView

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/19/2008 5:29:32 AM
Author: monarch64
Holy cow is that a beautiful ring...and wow! at the picture quality! Can I just tell you, I used to have the same camera and NEVER mastered the skills which you have!!! Bling, pics, omg my head is spinning! Congrats, GemView, on a beautiful new setting/ring!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Thank you, monarch64!

I enjoy casual photography but I am not an expert by any means. I would be at a loss to use a manual film camera (SLR). I only know how to use the macro button (flower) on my digital camera, after which I take tons of photos and hope for the best.
26.gif
Speaking of which, I am always curious when I see some of the nice photos here on PS what cameras folks are using. I''m always tempted to ask when I see nice photos — and there are tons of nice photos around here — but it seems like it might take the thread off topic so thus far I have refrained… With respect to the Fuji F series, I had to exchange my camera several times before I felt it was working correctly. I started with the Fuji FinePix F10, then tried the F20 and finally the F30. I''ve never owned a Canon. I hear those are very good cameras too.

Thanks to all for the kindly compliments. I
30.gif
the many gorgeous rings I see here!

GemView

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/19/2008 11:42:51 AM
Author: emilina22
its really really unique, i have never ever seen anything like before

I hadn''t either. Yet another reason why I liked it.
5.gif

GemView

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/19/2008 12:33:50 PM
Author: lyra
I''ve always loved hearts. Your ring is beautiful and definitely unique! What kind of WB are you going to get?

Thanks, lyra.

I have two other wedding bands. The first was made from my white gold diamond promise ring. We stacked two more identical diamond bands next to it, which were soldered. I can wear it on the right hand or the left, but it is a little wide and sometimes my fingers swell too much to wear it. The other is a yellow gold band. If I wear a wedding band on the left hand with the ring, it will have to be custom made. I like it the way the ring looks on its own for now, but am not closing off any options for the future.

GemView

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/19/2008 10:15:59 AM
Author: pjean
Oh, that''s gorgeous! It''s unusual and striking but still has a very classic feel. And those PICTURES!
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

Makes me want to get my camera out and try again with my own ring.

Hi pjean,

I appreciate the compliment, especially the part about it still managing to look classic despite being unusual. Those were my thoughts when I saw it, too. I am at a loss to explain how it straddles the line between the two looks, but somehow it seems to work.
4.gif

GemView

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/19/2008 11:40:22 AM
Author: Catmom
WOW, very unique and gorgeous.....and look at those arrows!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Hello Catmom!

I feel lucky to have those arrows at all considering it was an EGL cert and not a branded H&A. I can only imagine what an AGS 0 might look like (in real life, that is). From what I've seen here, the GIA/AGS certified ideal cuts are spectacular!

Thanks again to all who have shared my happy ending in the search for a new setting. Strange as it may sound, it feels like a new beginning — at last!

36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is gorgeous! Your diamond is a beauty, I can see why you love it so. I really love your setting, I have never seen anything like it...very pretty, congratulations!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a gorgeous and unique setting! And your pictures are fantastic! I''m glad you ended up with a setting you love!

chirp

Shiny_Rock
oohhh I love your ''after'' ring. you must be very proud. what a unique and clear setting
36.gif

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! That is a beautiful ring and some amazing shots. Congrats on the finished product!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
wow, I''ve never seen a ring quite like yours either. What an interesting way to set the side stones! It looks gorgeous
1.gif

GemView

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/19/2008 9:05:35 PM
Author: somehowcollide
I've never seen anything like it! You posted a teaser in another thread earlier and I thought it was a marquise, but it's more exquisite than I imagined. Who's brainchild was this guy? And who'd you use to make it and find the side stones?

Lucky girl to have such a unique piece of jewelry!

Oops! I didn't realize I missed a question. It does look a bit like a marquise from a distance, but the center diamond sits above the hearts. You do have to look closely to realize that the side stones are hearts, however, so now I call them my "secret hearts", LOL.

We purchased the ring from a family-owned store called Precious Jewelry Co. in the Orange County, CA area (they don't have a website but their email is [email protected], and we were told they run three locations in OC). The new setting was not custom made; however, a previous Tiffany Etoile style ring that I did not picture was custom ordered from another vendor before we found this. At first I didn't want to buy another setting with side stones after having gone around for two years with a very mismatched setting. But after examining the new setting indoors and out, I realized that I finally had a good match for both color and cut quality.

Thanks for the question/compliment, somehowcollide!

In closing, I would also like to thank others who replied to my happy news, including:

bling addict
DiaDiva
cwj
canuk-gal
littlemissbliss
julesbeth
LegacyGirl
Addy
krisvrn
orbaya
blingergrrrl
DMBsGirl
Tuckins1
NeverEndingUpgrade (Gotta love this user name!)
Diamond*Dana
thing2of2
chirp
Gemma12
icekid

9.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that''s got to sparkle in the dark! Congratulations.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
OH MY Gemview!! I can''t believe I missed this thread! Your ring is incredible!
I saw it over on the ironic thread--that shot is Pure BEAUTY.
36.gif

Congratulations on your gorgeous new setting!
30.gif

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
That is beautiful and your pictures are fantastic! CONGRATULATIONS on finding the perfect setting!

GemView

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, coatimundi. I took so many pictures I don't know what to do with them all! Thankfully, it was a good excuse to update my avatar. As much as I liked my previous parakeet avatar, that little feathered friend had long since passed on since uploading the photo about two years ago. Seeing it next to all my posts was a rather bittersweet reminder. Until I get a decent shot of my Half Moon Conure, I'd rather see the ring!

BTW, the Creative/Ironic thread has got to be one of my favorite PS topics ever! Anyone who hasn't seen it ought to swing by (it's also filed under Show Me the Ring). Some of the pics are cute, others are a bit twisted and many are humorous. There's even a little comic book story going on with Playmobile characters!

IrishBreakfast & marcyc, many thanks for swinging by to check out my new setting!

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful and unique setting! I''m so happy for you that you finally found the ONE>
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GemView, I didn''t want to thread jack the "show me your bezel set rings" so I thought I''d come over here to post. I think your new setting looks great in WG. I am like you with both WG and YG jewelry but I like YG the best. My solitaire is an E and I really liked it in the YG when we were picking out my ering. I love hearts too. I have a heart diamond RHR. I originally bought it as an ering but decided it wasn''t nice enough for my ering. I tried to see if the store (a local B&M) could get me a better cut diamond but the girl kept telling me the cut was a heart so I gave up after that 5 minute discussion. The only reason I didn''t return it after buying my RB is I did really like having a heart diamond. Your heart diamonds look a LOT better than mine does though. Enjoy your sparklers.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!
I love the hearts too!
30.gif

GemView

Shiny_Rock
marcyc: Oops! After I realized you posted here I felt bad replying on the other thread. Oh well. Lesson learned.

I'd sure love to see your heart RHR! Is it posted anywhere?

GemView

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/26/2008 9:33:00 PM
Author: iluvcarats
Very pretty!

I love the hearts too!
30.gif

Thanks!

aggiebling09

Shiny_Rock
I saw your ring in another thread and I wanted to come over here are comment. It is so beautiful. Congrats on finding the best setting
2.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, your ring is stunning, and your pics are amazing!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No worries about a thread jack it's just that since I knew your thread was here I thought I'd post here.

Here are some pics of my RHR. It is a 1/2 ct HI / Si and the ring enhancer is .15 carats.

ETA: I am thinking of having the diamond mounted in an ering with 2 blue sapphires.

hrt%20ring.JPG

mchrtrhr.jpg

GemView

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/26/2008 10:25:26 PM
Author: marcyc
No worries about a thread jack it's just that since I knew your thread was here I thought I'd post here.

Here are some pics of my RHR. It is a 1/2 ct HI / Si and the ring enhancer is .15 carats.

ETA: I am thinking of having the diamond mounted in an ering with 2 blue sapphires.

hrt%20ring.JPG

I like the heart. It is very symmetrical and has such a distinct heart shape that it doesn't look as if it could be mistaken for a pear or a trillion cut at a distance. My heart diamonds are on the plump side so they look a bit like trillions.

The sapphires sound nice too... Do come back and post pics!
1.gif

GemView

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for stopping by aggiebling09 & LaurenThePartier! It''s fun to finally have a ring worth posting in its own thread. With my original setting, I recall putting it in the Eye Candy folder but never really posting it apart from that. I didn''t have a good camera for close ups back then, so that was one reason. The other reason is that it just looked really funky without its other half due to the interlocking style. It''s nice to finally have something that stands on its own!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks GemView. Your heart diamonds look like really nice diamonds.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Many years ago when I was a student, I worked with a young lady who had a ring similar to yours and thought it was the prettiest thing! I kept trying really hard to get a good look at it (my early beginnings as a diamond lover!). Thanks for reminding me of that ring (and time
2.gif
).

Enjoy your beautiful ring.

Cachette
1.gif

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, gorgeous ... Yes, I saw the pictures on the funny/ironic thread but I had to check this for more. I love it.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love your ring. It is so unique. Your stone is just gorgeous, too!

GemView

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/27/2008 10:41:37 PM
Author: Cachette
Many years ago when I was a student, I worked with a young lady who had a ring similar to yours and thought it was the prettiest thing! I kept trying really hard to get a good look at it (my early beginnings as a diamond lover!). Thanks for reminding me of that ring (and time
2.gif
).

Enjoy your beautiful ring.

Cachette
1.gif

Thanks, Cachette. Glad it brought back good memories.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results