shape
carat
color
clarity

Beaudry Ring with Richard Homer Sapphire from Pearlman's

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our anniversary was in late December, so earlier that month I discovered Pearlman's sale on their Beaudry in-stock settings. I have always loved Beaudry but not the price! So it was a great opportunity to pick out a special ring for our anniversary! Many thanks to both Bill and Julian for their excellent customer service and beautiful jewelry!

Blue sapphire is my favorite colored gemstone and is also my birthstone, so that is what I decided to put in the setting. I figured since it only needed a small stone, I could afford to get a high quality sapphire which I couldn't do if the setting needed a 3-4 carat stone! Julian at Pearlman's and a good friend were so kind to help me look for one, and I greatly appreciated them looking! Finding a sapphire in a great color, cut, and perfect size for the setting was not easy, but I finally ended up with a beautiful 1.42 cts, 6.6mm stone from Ceylon cut by Richard Homer! Richard was so nice and helpful, and I highly recommend his beautiful stones! Concave cut really adds sparkle to a round stone!

Here are pictures of the the ring indoors under incandescent light and also Pearlman's picture showing the engraving on the sides.

Beaudry2.JPG

Beaudry3.JPG

Beaudry1.JPG

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Oh, it is beautiful! I love colored stones in halos and this one just makes the stone pop even more! :love:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous DS :love: I am so happy for you that it's finally completed!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been waiting to see this one! I love the color of the sapphire and the cut of it as well. It looks very beautiful on you!

Congrats on your anniversary and a beautiful ring!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its beautiful DS!!! Just stunning on your perfect hands :))
Congratulations on your anniversary - what a gorgeous way to remember the event!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone! Pictures just cannot capture the rich color of the sapphire, unfortunately..or at least I am not competent enough to do it! I almost got a 5 stone ring, but I figured I would go for something unique!

Do you think it would confuse people too much if I changed my avatar picture to this ring? My picture now looks like 100 other people's anyway! :lol: But I always get confused when other people change their picture! (Maybe I shouldn't since this is a diamond forum, primarily.)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Changing your avatar would take some getting used to but I guess we'd adjust! I don't blame you though for wanting to showcase your new ring!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh DS, it's stunning beyond belief! I'm so glad you decided on a blue sapphire for that setting and waited for the right one b/c that one really is just perfect! The setting is just gorgeous as well, the detailing...incredible!

oh and I think you should totally change up your avatar. Many folks have sets that look like your current one but you are the only one to have this beaudry :))

stci

Ideal_Rock
OMG! Just gorgeous! Congrats! :love: :appl: :love: :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring!!

I say change your avatar to show off that beauty!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd show off the new ring!!! We will adapt to the new avatar, so go ahead and change it :bigsmile:

angeline

Ideal_Rock
DS it's so beautiful! Congratulations on your anniversary, may we ask what number?

I adore Beaudry settings, have for ages, but not their price. I've ogled that Pearlmans sale many times. And Julian is a doll too isn't he? So patient.

I would love more pics, maybe some close ups?

Well done DS, you have a fine collection of jewels :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I can try to see if any of these will work for the avatar, but I sense that I might have to take more pictures to get a better one! And I don't have a lot of patience or ability to do that!

Thank you ALL for the nice comments! And thanks especially to MrsS who hears all my deliberations on every jewelry purchase! :appl:

Angeline..it was the 35th! Yes, we were babies when we got married! :lol: And yes, Julian is as nice as he can be and so is Bill! We just have access to the finest jewelers here on PS!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, absolutely stunning, DS! Love the new avatar too!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ds that is a beautiful ring!!!! congrats on your anniversary and on finally finding a sapphire ring :)

now....more pics??? :) :) :)

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
DS, I LOVE it! :love: :love: :love: You have such gorgeous taste! The sapphire is a great color, I love the cut, and the setting looks perfect with it! And congrats on your anniversary :appl:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would like to request ten million more pix kthxbai

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
TA DA!!! New avatar!!! :bigsmile: :appl:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is beautiful!!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love my PS friends! Thank goodness we have each other to share our hobby with! :appl: I really appreciate you all taking the time to come comment!

I will attempt more pictures tomorrow! I need one with a whiter/brighter background because the avatar picture is too dark.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!! I love it! :appl:

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations DS, your sapphire ring is beautiful! :appl: I'll bet the sapphire sparkles in sunlight. :love:

If you don't mind, can you tell us your impression of the overall quality of the Beaudry setting and the quality of the melee?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results