shape
carat
color
clarity

Band Etiquette Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mikek

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

This is my first post on this forum so please forgive my noobness to all things diamond. I have a question that may sound a touch silly but I am now searching for the perfect ering for my soon to be fiance.

I was wondering what you think about a 3 stone emerald cut ring being worn with a diamond band (wedding band) - is it too much with the diamond band or is it OK? Should the diamond band wedding ring be worn with a solitaire ering instead or is it just a matter of personal taste?
33.gif

I have also seen so much about Tiffany customer service (CS) being bad and Harry Winston CS being good most of the time. I am in Chicago and have been considering a Winston ring but would have to fly to NYC solely to look at their rings and would be very dissapointed if they were rude, however I have a great sales associate that I use at Tiffany here in Chicago so am tempted to lean in that direction.

Lastly, I have not seen much about Cartier on this site is there a reason for that or is it just happenstance.

I am budgeting about $25k ($15k - $35k) for the ering and would really love to hear to what people think. Sorry for being so longwinded...

My thanks for any help you can offer,

Mike.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome!
There''s nothing wrong with wearing a diamond band with a 3-stone ring. Just make sure that the stones won''t rub against each other.
I''ve had excellent customer service at Tiffany and Cartier. I''ve never dealt with Harry Winston''s CS.
Your sales associate at Tiffany can get you anything you would like to see from any of the other stores.

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
I have always loved 3-stone rings and faithfully wear my diamond band together. It just boils down to my personal preference & the fact I like leaving my right hand finger real estate open for different Right Hand Rings. So to answer the question - Yes I would wear them together proudly and do every day.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Everyone''s different, and there is no particular etiquette these days it seems. Lots of people wear them together I think. Personally, I''d probably keep them separate. I like 3-stone rings worn alone. BTW, I love 3-stone emerald cut rings!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I too love 3-stone emerald-cuts, and hope to have one someday! I would personally probably wear a 2 mm plain platinum band with the 3-stone. But I think it depends on who it is, and what their jewelry preferences are. I also like the look of 3-stone rings alone without any bands, but I am traditional and believe in wearing some kind of wedding band if it will be an e-ring.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since you are in Chcago, I''d recommend checking out Dimend Scaasi. They make beautiful custom rings and you can get a beautiful ideal cut or hearts and arrows stone from them at a price far less than Tiffany (and I was there Saturday). I was trying on diamonds at Tiffany for $25,000 that were about 1.4 cts. But I could get something comparable from Dimend Scaasi for about 40% less, yet the diamond quality would be the same. Or, you can get a much larger stone for the same money at DS.

Here is the site, but as you can see on the site, they have a nice showroom:

http://www.dscaasi.com/

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Welcome to p-scope!!! As far as wearing a diamond wedding band w/ a solitaire or a 3 stone, I think it is a matter of personal taste. I think both would work. Good luck in your search!!!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results