shape
carat
color
clarity

Bad Pricescoper, Fantastic AVC + LM Creation

LittleSparkle

Shiny_Rock
Hi Pricescopers!
I'm an Ideal Rock caliber lurker (i.e. for years and years...) and am finally coming out of hiding to share my beautiful new engagement ring! I would never have discovered Jon at Good Old Gold or Leon Mege without the Pricescope community and I am so happy that I did. I just adore the AVCs! No other cut has spoken to me in quite the same way and I can't properly describe the amazing fire and chunky flashes that come off my stone. And I love my LM setting. It is delicate and unique and everything I wanted it to be. In short, I couldn't be happier with the ring! Plus, I got a pretty kickin' fiance out of the whole proposal thing! :love:

I haven't had time to do a real photo shoot with the ring so please excuse the lack of pictures. But I have the most important ones: hand shots!

Rock stats:
Weight: 2.63
Color: K
Clarity: VS1
Optical Symmetry: August Vintage
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Ideal
Width: 7.93mm
Length: 8.36mm
Depth: 5.37mm
Table Percentage: 48.70%
Depth Percentage: 67.70%

Ring stats: LM five stone setting, double claws on the center stone, with traps and bullets bezel set (and milgrained!). I was planning to go with french cut sides, as are all the rage around here, but LM suggested the traps and bullets because the visual difference would be negligible and a lot less costly than cutting new frenchies.

I love, love, love my ring. And did I mention that I love it?!? Thank you, Pricescopers! And Jon and Leon, of course!

IMG_1356.JPG

IMG_1362.JPG

IMG_1518.JPG

yiska

Shiny_Rock
WOWZA!! I love the shape combinations!! It looks antique and yet so modern at the same time :love: :love: :love:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow, it is absolutely gorgeous! So glad that you came and shared it with us! May I ask what size ring you wear?

GamGam

Shiny_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: Beautiful, and oh so classic. Congratulations.

LittleSparkle

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, Yiska, Yenny, and Gam Gam!! At first I was concerned that the traps and bullets looked a tad too modern next to such an antique cut, but I am really happy with the decision now. I totally trust LM's eye and I think the ring (and the stones) flow perfectly together. The ring is sized at a 3.75, but it spins quite a bit. Big knuckles over here, unfortunately...

So exciting to finally have my own rock to post on here!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Smashing! :love:

cheers--Sharon

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is fabulous! Did you have it made recently by LM? I was under the impression that he no longer set GOG stones...

Will you wear a wedding band with it? Congratulations on your engagement!

LittleSparkle

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, Canuk-Gal!

And thank you, Baby Nurse! You've acquired some pretty fabulous GOG stones yourself! I adore your AVR! My fiance went to Leon about three months ago and said that Leon was very pleasant, remarked that the stone was beautiful, and was great to work with. No negative comments about AVCs or any unwillingness to work with them, as far as I know.

I think that a wedding band might ruin the lines of the ring (though I did have dreams of stacks and stacks of bling adorning my left finger). As of now, I'm planning to switch this to my right hand and wear a wedding band solo on my left hand.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My jaw dropped open!! MY GOD! That's stunning!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful :love: :love: :love: and HUGE on you!

LittleSparkle

Shiny_Rock
Athenaworth and Yssie, thank you also! So nice to hear such positive responses from ladies with such lovely rings!

I think that the last two pictures are a bit deceptive because it doesn't look that big in real life. The first picture is much more accurate (though my fingers are swollen because I was on a long hike). I think the low setting ("as low as possible") also makes it look a little less flashy then it would in a higher setting. I just can't stop staring at this ring though. The AVC sends off such huge flashes of light. And the colors are just spectacular. It is a little warm/pastel in the early afternoon and then a little glitter ball the rest of the day.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, it's beautiful :love: Lovely combination and it looks great on you. Congratulations!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is stunning! I love the combo of the side stones with your gorgeous AVC.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring!!! It's perfect! Best wishes on your engagement.

cushionladyESQ

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous! Congratulations on your engagement. That is a stunner!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so glad you came out of lurkdom to share your ring with us! It's just stunning!!! A beautiful LM creation for sure!! Congrats on your engagement!!

LittleSparkle

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the congratulations and kind words, bright ice, tigian, swingirl, cushionladyESQ, jill_s, rhbgirl24, and mrssalvo! We're very happy about the engagement, though it still doesn't feel real yet. And I still check out my hand many times a day because I can't believe I'm donning this ring! And I'm also happy I came out of lurkdom. It was about time! :naughty:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First of all, welcome!

Your ring is amazing. Great choice going with the traps and bullets--the combo is just stunning! Congrats on your engagement and please stick around!

bethprov

Shiny_Rock
yiska|1306951378|2935491 said:
WOWZA!! I love the shape combinations!! It looks antique and yet so modern at the same time :love: :love: :love:

Wowza was the first word that came to mind for me also! Really beautiful ring!!

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
GAHHHH !!!! OMG You're ring is AMAHHHHHZZZEEEEEEEEEEENGGGG!! <faint> <splashing cold water on face>

It is the physical incarnation of what I originally wanted to do with my AVC before changing my tune [to French haha] at Leon's suggestions (due to shape and color of my AVC). Your ring is GAWJUssS!!! I'm in LOVE. I absolutely LOVELOVE LOVE the combo of the chunky flashes with the bezelled step cuts - you never see that and it truly is modern but vintage classic at the same time.

LM beautifully exectuted. Definitely definitely need more pix!!!! Thanks for coming out of lurkdom to share.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LittleSparkle, please, please post more pictures. Some close-ups, a profile pic... anything!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
baby nurse|1306972192|2935780 said:
LittleSparkle, please, please post more pictures. Some close-ups, a profile pic... anything!
Yes! Please! Please! Please!

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
athenaworth|1306952683|2935516 said:
My jaw dropped open!! MY GOD! That's stunning!!!

Mine too! That is beyond stunning. Thanks for coming out of lurkdom to show us.

Now we need more pics :Up_to_something:

mol42

Shiny_Rock
I am so glad you came out of lurkdom! Your phenomenal gorgeous spectacular ring pulled me out of lurkdom to comment! :lickout:
I literally gasped when I saw it :love: :love: :love: (now wiping drool off iPad. . . . )
I LOVE your ring! Kudos to your FI. Wear it in good health!

Boogins

Rough_Rock
Oh. My. God. That ring is to die for!!! I love love love love it! Please post more pics (profile would be great!) Thanks for posting it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow!!! :o What an amazingly gorgeous ring!!! :love: :love: :love: I just want to cry when I see AVC's so beautifully set! Oh, and you need to change your "name". Nothing little about that sparkle!!! :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results