shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Bad pics of a great ring, new 5 stone reset iphone pics!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know I should just wait until the weekend or when I can get a good little photoshoot in of my new ring since it absolutely deserves to be shown off properly. But I just couldn't wait!!!

I just picked it up 2 hours ago, and here are some photos because I"m over excited! It's a sz 5, white gold, graduated 5 stone featuring a .9ct center stone that is my original ering diamond, and it's flanked by 2 .52ct and then 2 .25 lazare kaplan rounds (all ags0). The center is F color, the sides are H's and I's but the contrast really isn't that noticeable face up due to the INSANE wall of sparkle.

I will eventually start a proper thread with nicer photos, but thanks for sharing in my excitement right now! I"m loving the graduated 5 stone option for erings, so much finger coverage! I highly doubt DSS will be a problem any time soon, I literally couldn't fit any more diamond on my finger.

Any thoughts on a band? Or should I go bandless? I was thinking a band might help with spinning with the ring is a bit big due to cold weather and finger shrinkage (like right now)

photo_5__2_0.jpg

photo_1__2_3.jpg

photo_1__3_1.jpg

photo_1__4_.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's inspired by WF trellis design, sadly when I asked them for a quote they told me they would not set outside sourced diamonds currently. Luckily I have a great local metal smith/jeweler who was able to do it with the help of her friend who does CADs. I loved being able to check in on the process, got to play with the wax and the cast and all that fun stuff.

I LOVE the profile and how much of the diamond you can see, I asked her to set the diamonds as low as possible with a smooth curve across the top, but while still being able to see the tip of the cutlet. Perfection!

Unfortunately it's a bit loos on my ring finger, I don't know if it's just cause it's cold. I thought I'd wear it with a band and see how that feels, or just wear it on my middle finger, it's still great coverage and honestly it's a smidge more comfy, it's a wide ring!

photo_2__2_2.jpg

photo_2__3_0.jpg

photo_3__2_2.jpg

photo_3__3_0.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shoot its amaziiiiiiiiiiiiing.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So shiny!

The last photo is for some perspective, boy is there finger presence..

photo_4__4_.jpg

photo_383.jpg

photo_5__2_1.jpg

persp.jpg

Reactions: AV_

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In regards to your band, I'd wear a plain metal band, no diamonds. Either with a twist or design in the band, or with an engraved band.

Or , of course, a French cut colored band. :naughty:

I'm partial to pairing the wall of bling with an amazing all gold piece.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's very very pretty!! Congratulations!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here were the pics my jeweler took. Honestly she does half jewelry and half other metal work, lol. She's quirky and I love it! I don't think she'd be a great fit for Pricescope culture though, so I'm reluctant to share her info because she's already super busy all the time with her metal smithing and I think it would just stress her out. But if anyone is local to philly and wants some local work done and is fairly laid back, let me know and I'll hook you up! She's really skilled, just requires some micromanaging sometimes, I don't think she has that refined instinct like say Leon Mege and she herself isn't really a big jewelry nut, which means you often have to be super specific, but her prices are great and I like that she's sort of a rebel heh.

Here's a link to the CAD thread in case anyone was curious
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/5-stone-cad-help.194030/#post-3539199#p3539199

dscn6641.jpg

dscn6656.jpg

dscn6662.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
1458200vdknpddrk.gif

GORGEOUS!!! Its HUGE on you --- absolutely gigantico on your teeny little finger!! WOW!!
hubba%20hubba.gif

And the trellis --- PERFECTION!!! Turned out beautifully!!! Congrats on your new wall of sparkly fire, MTG!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1382730456|3544616 said:
In regards to your band, I'd wear a plain metal band, no diamonds. Either with a twist or design in the band, or with an engraved band.

Or , of course, a French cut colored band. :naughty:

I'm partial to pairing the wall of bling with an amazing all gold piece.

OOo, twist might be cool! I might go by the mall and try out some things...

Hmmm...now my Facets 7 stone emerald cut looks...unimpressive by comparison. I was going to wear it as a RHR but it's so dwarfed by the new 5 stone lol.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1382730818|3544623 said:
1458200vdknpddrk.gif

GORGEOUS!!! Its HUGE on you --- absolutely gigantico on your teeny little finger!! WOW!!
hubba%20hubba.gif

And the trellis --- PERFECTION!!! Turned out beautifully!!! Congrats on your new wall of sparkly fire, MTG!

It's definitely a wall! Its 22mm across, lol, any more and it'll have to be one of those two-finger rings, lol.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How lovely!! Blingy, yet very elegant. And great finger coverage too. :love:

I like it standalone and I agree with Niel: if you opt for a band, a plain or engraved band would be lovely and enables your 5 stone ring to pop.

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow, that is mega sparkle. That is truly hubba hubba.

You have a beautiful collection- I remember your hydrangea necklace and your fab coloured stones. Didn't you have a James Meyer diamond ring too?

I'd love to see a picture of your lovely pieces together.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
SPARKLEEE!!!!! So much sparkle. And amazing presence from the distance shot. Congrats!

Could you snap a quick pic of this ring next to your emerald cut one? Super curious to see the difference. I saw you said that the EC band felt dwarfed.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GemFever|1382732158|3544636 said:
SPARKLEEE!!!!! So much sparkle. And amazing presence from the distance shot. Congrats!

Could you snap a quick pic of this ring next to your emerald cut one? Super curious to see the difference. I saw you said that the EC band felt dwarfed.

Sure, here's a quick snap.
I mean, it's an unfair comparison lol The emerald cut is great, beautiful D color emeralds, 1ctw. But the new ring is nearly 2.5tcw

photo_384.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you wore it with a band. Something like this would be cute. Maybe one on each side. I kind of want one myself to put on top of my ring, as I wear a trinity on the bottom.

Also, not from Tiffanys. Lol.

uploadfromtaptalk1382736983096.jpg

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
Niel said:
If you wore it with a band. Something like this would be cute. Maybe one on each side. I kind of want one myself to put on top of my ring, as I wear a trinity on the bottom.

Also, not from Tiffanys. Lol.

I want a spacer band like this one!

MakingTheGrade, your 5-stone is such a beaut! and so sparkly :lickout:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love your new ring - it looks fabulous on you! Great way to make a new blingy ering!

I almost think I'd prefer a plain band with it but it would have to be the right height so as not to get completely lost under the stones. Might also just prefer to wear it solo - would hate to cover up the profile with a band!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's really spectacular!!

I would pair it with just a plain white gold band.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks for the pic. Both are beautiful and so different. So much variety in total awesomeness :love:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous! I'm not normally a fan of 5 stones (don't stone me - I always think they look a bit "bulky" - maybe because I have such small hands) but the graduated size side stones really make this look incredible! :naughty:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness I absolutely adore this!!! What a beauty! It's just perfect. And looks stunning on its own.

I love the idea of an engraved band - like Yssie's Victor Canera. Also, Niel's Trinity is amazing - I love the way it perfectly hugs the contours of the five stone. Or a 24K yellow gold round band like Coati's. Clearly, you'll need them all some day!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning, and I love it with the emerald band :love:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Holy goodness it is gorgeous!!! I love the coverage. It turned out so gracefully (as if any of your projects could be anything but). I also would love it with a plain gold band!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
MTG-Your ring is amazing :love: :love: :love: I've been toying with the idea of a five stone and this just pushed me over the edge!
I love the real life perspective picture, really shows how much presence a piece like this has! It's drop dead gorgeous!

I also have an EC band, and love mine, but the sparkle is a different quiet type of sparkle. Your rounds are blingtasic :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!! Your jeweler did an outstanding job, the setting is beautiful and the proportions of the stones are perfect! Love the elegance and classic beauty of this ring, and of course the amazing sparkle - the real life perspective shot is amazing! Well done, I love it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results