shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Bad pics of a great ring, new 5 stone reset iphone pics!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
The spacer looks amazing with it! Love that it keeps the gorgeous scalloped edge visible.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MakingTheGrade|1382985324|3546242 said:
Tekate|1382956335|3545996 said:
MTG... it's totally unique and blingly blingy.. it looks superlative on your finger.. I understand the size thingy .... I wear a 7.. 7.25.. and I have most of my rings at 7 and in the summer ugh.. your taste is superlative.. congrats! and I am sure you will get used to the ring.. it's beautiful.

Thanks! Yeah, the finger shrinking/expanding thing is annoying, makes me want to move to Texas!

I do love the bling factor, and I think the visual impact to cost ratio is excellent. I"m really enjoying this style as a way to get great bling for the buck! Getting this ring retail would be half the cost of a 2ct solitaire, but potentially more presence
! Woot!

True that! Probably 3times +.... at least I'm sure mine would have been. And what's nice about it is it both has a lot of finger coverage, but also, never feels too much. (At least acted you wear it a while. )

Sure I'd love a 2ct stone. But on a budget, I really don't think you could get more look for the price.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MakingTheGrade|1382982490|3546215 said:
Niel|1382919463|3545828 said:
I agree i think that band is a tad too think. I think its a good idea go look at 2mm ish bands, maybe with some interesting design maybe? bring your phone i want to see it with all sorts of bands

Haha, sorry to disappoint but I think I might just wear it with my 1mm round white gold spacer. It's nearly invisible but provide enough extra friction to keep the ring comfy and not spinning! I might get one more made so I can have one on both sides for extra security. :)
I played around with my other rings, and I just don't think I like the look of it as much when paired with a noticeable band. I love seeing the sort of scallop pattern all the rounds make against the skin.

Oh I like the idea!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehe, also, I saw someone listed some twisty bands in my size on LT....mmmm..temptation...

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MakingTheGrade|1382992507|3546309 said:
Hehe, also, I saw someone listed some twisty bands in my size on LT....mmmm..temptation...
Oh I saw that!! I thought maybe they were too big.

luckky

Shiny_Rock
It's soooooo beautiful and look so great on your :appl: I'm so adored your taste and follow your collection all the time (and lucky to get some of your prelove :)

Ware in the good health :halo:

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
SWOON

Soooooo beautiful.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring MTG! :appl:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys!
I do love it. Hehe. Especially the profile as I type!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your photos are sooo much better than the "professional" ones, lol! Your ring is gorge! It looks awesome and oh so white on your hand, and the bling factor is huge! I love it - and if I knew how to do that big ol' blingy heart face that Enerchi did, I'd do it too! :cheeky:

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I can't stop looking at this. TOO PRETTY. :o

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1383156384|3547622 said:
Your photos are sooo much better than the "professional" ones, lol! Your ring is gorge! It looks awesome and oh so white on your hand, and the bling factor is huge! I love it - and if I knew how to do that big ol' blingy heart face that Enerchi did, I'd do it too! :cheeky:

Haha, well like I said, she's more metal smith than jeweler sometimes, so she isn't really into glam shots either..

In the spirit of Halloween, Fluro shots! The center stone is a F VS w/ med blue fluor

photo_393.jpg

photo_394.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful looking ring!... :love: :appl:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks DF!

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
VERY beautiful!!! The stones look fantastic.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Looks fantastic on you! Congrats on such an awesome ring.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CharmyPoo|1383538769|3549903 said:
Looks fantastic on you! Congrats on such an awesome ring.

Thanks! Oh I wish I had a collection like yours!

Haha, so the staff at work finally noticed the new ring, and were calling me "Ms. Bling bling." Oy..
What's funny is I work in a hospital and many of my peers have much larger diamonds than me!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! it looks amazing on you! I once had a 5 stone band with close to similar proportions , and I would say go bandless and add a couple of sizing beads :) to help with the size issues. its just so beautiful classic on its own without a band to interrupt but that's just me, and I didn't like the look of a band for my five stone personally.
Looks gorgeous MTG! hope all is well :wavey:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D&T|1383698110|3551255 said:
I love it! it looks amazing on you! I once had a 5 stone band with close to similar proportions , and I would say go bandless and add a couple of sizing beads :) to help with the size issues. its just so beautiful classic on its own without a band to interrupt but that's just me, and I didn't like the look of a band for my five stone personally.
Looks gorgeous MTG! hope all is well :wavey:

I've never had a ring with sizing balls. I'm worried It will be too tight in the summer then? The look of sizing balls also doesn't seem in keeping with the fluid lines of the ring. Lol

leyhuong

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, such a beautiful ring you have!

braga123

Brilliant_Rock
MakingTheGrade|1382730755|3544621 said:
Here were the pics my jeweler took. Honestly she does half jewelry and half other metal work, lol. She's quirky and I love it! I don't think she'd be a great fit for Pricescope culture though, so I'm reluctant to share her info because she's already super busy all the time with her metal smithing and I think it would just stress her out. But if anyone is local to philly and wants some local work done and is fairly laid back, let me know and I'll hook you up! She's really skilled, just requires some micromanaging sometimes, I don't think she has that refined instinct like say Leon Mege and she herself isn't really a big jewelry nut, which means you often have to be super specific, but her prices are great and I like that she's sort of a rebel heh.

Here's a link to the CAD thread in case anyone was curious
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/5-stone-cad-help.194030/#post-3539199#p3539199

I live in CA...do you think you can still hook me up? I would love love love a ring like yours. If you don't mind, can you tell me about how much a setting like this would cost? I would be willing to have my jeweler set the stones if she could make me an identical setting because my center stone is an OEC that measures 5.9 by 5.9....

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately, much as I love working with her, I really don't think she'd be a good fit for a long distance PSer, lol, for example, I sent her an email over a week ago and still haven't heard back, lol, but if it's every anything urgent I can always stop by her studio... Also, she doesn't do her own CAD, she actually coordinates with another friend of hers, so not only would it be long distance, it's also trying to coordinate a few different people and time lines.

But as far as price goes, the total came out to 875$, I think Niel said she had hers made by James Allen for around 900, also white gold and custom made.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So my DH recently lost his original mokume wedding band, and he decided he didn't want to replace it with the same because it's really expensive to lose, but not expensive enough to want to insure, lol. So we got him a plain 14k wedding band, and I got a 2mm one to match.

Here it is paired with the 5 stone, the rings together are a snugger fit for winter. :) But I don't think it detracts too much attention from the diamonds, and you still see most of the profile.

photo_1__1_1.jpg

photo_403.jpg

photo_404.jpg

photo_405.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I love the plain band with the 5 stone, and your 5 stone has perfect proportions!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1388808874|3586015 said:
I love the plain band with the 5 stone, and your 5 stone has perfect proportions!
Thanks!
The proportions were totally serendipitous, lol. I had a three stone laying around and thought, hey, I only need one more for a 5 stone reset! Hehe.

I've still been meaning to do a "nice" photo shoot with this ring and what's left of my shiny collection after recent purging.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! I would wear a thin antique engraved or embossed band.

Edited because- Sorry- just realized that you have a plain band already. It looks totally stunning with the band you selected!

mmepz

Rough_Rock
Do you still have and enjoy this ring? I am having obe made just like it with 1.5 carats total. Are the diamonds safe in this type of mounting?

Halogirl1130

Shiny_Rock
@MakingTheGrade do you remember the mm measurement of your center stone? My diamond is 5.5mm and I’m trying to get an idea of how much smaller it will be than yours in a ring like this!

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
I am considering a five stone band and simply LOVE yours-I have not considered graduated size(s) of stones, but now I am, thanks to your gorgeous ring. Enjoy!!!

Reactions: AV_
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results