shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Bad pics of a great ring, new 5 stone reset iphone pics!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Makngthegrade, your ring is beautiful. I love the profile of the setting too.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is truly stunning MTG!!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous, I love everything about it. I sometimes wish I would have kept my original ering diamond and done something like this. The finger coverage is just fantastic!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MTG, it's gorgeous! I love the profile. :love: I think either an engraved or simple plain band with it would be perfect though it could certainly stand on its own. How great that you have a local artist who did this for you. Much preferable to dealing with long distance jewelers if you have that option IMO. Beautiful ring-wear in much health and happiness. :appl:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that is spectacular!!! just simply beautiful, congrats!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Wow that is PERFECTION :love: It looks fantastic on your finger!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is one of my favorite ever rings!!!! Wow! It looks amazing on you! Personally I would have a plain band with it, but I would also swap it out occasionally for the EC band - probably with a rose gold spacer in between. Yes - it's a lot, but I really like it - especially the contrast of the rounds and the EC's. ENJOY your beauty!!

(btw - I hope you told your jeweler that you wanted to see the "culets" not the "cutlets!" tee hee)

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Looks great! Congrats!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the nice comments!
I've only had the ring for a day, but I'm actually finding it a little weird getting used to the size, makes me a little self conscious, lol.
I think the reason I'd like to wear a band sometimes is that in the winter, my finger size is a little smaller and I the ring feels a little loose right now, but wearing it with a band makes the fit tighter. I don't think I really want to size it down to wear along in the winter, because come summer, it'll be too snug!

Right now I'm wearing it with my 3mm original wedding band which is white gold mokume. It makes the fit more comfy but I think the band itself isn't "round" enough in shape to match the architecture of the ring. Might visit the mall at some point to try some things on. It's good timing. DH just lost his wedding band, so we'll need to get him something anyways lol.

Sapphirelover: Haha, I sell things as I buy new things so the collection is always changing, but when I get a chance I do plan on taking some pics of the current shiny family!

Missgotrocks: Actually, the band doesn't really interfere much with the profile at all, I can still see all the diamond bits so that's nice. :)

Lilmisfit: Heh, I was totally worried this ring wouldn't even fit my finger! I'm a 4.5-5 and I had it made as a 5 for summer weather, and it's 22mm across the top! I think it looks great, just feel a little self conscious!

Greenbling: I do think it's a great style and trend! I"m a big advocate now of the 5 stone graduated Ering! So much bling for the buck. Definitely more wallet friendly than upgrading to a 2 ct stone.

Lknvrb4: Yeah, my DH and I are probably too sentimental to give up our original ering stone.

Missy: Yes! I'm so happy to have a local jeweler! For one thing, it saves on lots of shipping costs and angsts lol.

Motownmama: Haha, yes, I think she's be confused if I asked for cutlets. :)

Reactions: AV_

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks amazing MTG!!!!!!! HUUUUUUGE!!!!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW.

That's all.

I absolutely, positively love it MTG.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Just beautiful MTG! Looks right at home on you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful!!! :love: You did a great job with the proportions of the stones!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1382839976|3545362 said:
So beautiful!!! :love: You did a great job with the proportions of the stones!

WIsh I could take credit but it was pretty much a happy accident. I had bought a lazare kaplan 3 stone ring that had a .52 center and .25 sides, and was bemoaning that I never wore it as a RHR, then I started seeing these graduated 5 stone rings and thought "Aha!". I just needed one more .5 round to match, and I actually found another pre loved LK ring with exactly a .52 round so ended up with a perfectly matching suit of lazare kaplans. :D Clearly meant to be, hehe.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1382825505|3545232 said:
It looks amazing MTG!!!!!!! HUUUUUUGE!!!!

I know! definitely more visual impact than just upping the center stone size I think. Not that that was really ever a serious option since my DH would never go for it, he's pretty attached to the shiny he picked out for me, lol. Luckily he did a good job!

Hehe if my center stone were much bigger, this ring wouldn't fit in fact. Would have to do a 3 stone, lol.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I've been thinking about this ring all day. It's so so so amazing!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it, the mount, the stones... looks so great in the real life perspective shot!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some quick camera pics, will do fancy flower shots at some point, lol, but also wanted to add some nicer photos as well as photos with my mokume band to see what you guys think!

img_5152.jpg

img_5154.jpg

img_5155.jpg

img_5159.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think I"ve ever been so in love with a ring's profile!

img_5170.jpg

img_5177.jpg

img_2494.jpg

img_5185.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh, just got this ring and it's collecting dust already! Eek. It's still beautiful to stare at though!

img_5193.jpg

img_5196.jpg

img_2495.jpg

img_5206.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
and here it is with my 3mm mokume band. I think it's a bit too think and not "Domed" enough, might go by a jewelry store at some point and try some 2mm rounded bands on..

img_5142.jpg

img_2496.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree i think that band is a tad too think. I think its a good idea go look at 2mm ish bands, maybe with some interesting design maybe? bring your phone i want to see it with all sorts of bands

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MTG... it's totally unique and blingly blingy.. it looks superlative on your finger.. I understand the size thingy .... I wear a 7.. 7.25.. and I have most of my rings at 7 and in the summer ugh.. your taste is superlative.. congrats! and I am sure you will get used to the ring.. it's beautiful.

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
That is a wall of bling! It looks amazing on you, I really love the profile. It sounds like you have a great local jeweller (lucky you!). I think I too would try a narrower band, but I love it by itself.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Super duper beautiful, MTG! I love it, and it looks great on you!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1382919463|3545828 said:
I agree i think that band is a tad too think. I think its a good idea go look at 2mm ish bands, maybe with some interesting design maybe? bring your phone i want to see it with all sorts of bands

Haha, sorry to disappoint but I think I might just wear it with my 1mm round white gold spacer. It's nearly invisible but provide enough extra friction to keep the ring comfy and not spinning! I might get one more made so I can have one on both sides for extra security. :)
I played around with my other rings, and I just don't think I like the look of it as much when paired with a noticeable band. I love seeing the sort of scallop pattern all the rounds make against the skin.

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
SO LOVELY!

Instant favorite. :love:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cygnet|1382983066|3546221 said:
SO LOVELY!

Instant favorite. :love:

Thanks!

Here are some phone pics with the spacer, I think the main reason I don't want a bigger band is because I so love the outline of all the graduated rounds. :love:

photo_385.jpg

photo_386.jpg

photo_387.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1382956335|3545996 said:
MTG... it's totally unique and blingly blingy.. it looks superlative on your finger.. I understand the size thingy .... I wear a 7.. 7.25.. and I have most of my rings at 7 and in the summer ugh.. your taste is superlative.. congrats! and I am sure you will get used to the ring.. it's beautiful.

Thanks! Yeah, the finger shrinking/expanding thing is annoying, makes me want to move to Texas!

I do love the bling factor, and I think the visual impact to cost ratio is excellent. I"m really enjoying this style as a way to get great bling for the buck! Getting this ring retail would be half the cost of a 2ct solitaire, but potentially more presence! Woot!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results