shape
carat
color
clarity

Back from India!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mandyd

Shiny_Rock
The pink & yellow treated diamonds & white diamonds earrings on yellow gold.

pinky12.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very nice!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!

cheers--Sharon

mandyd

Shiny_Rock
The specs are as follows:

Diamond danglers: Total 1.10 ct E/VS invisible setting centre stones from Israel Diamonds = $5,666
From India surrounding diamonds 1.26 cts + 7.7 gms gold + labour = $1400
Total cost of danglers $7066

Pink (.07cts each) & yellow (.10cts each) treated diamonds from Israel Diamonds = $1995
From India surrounding diamonds 2.33 cts total on both earrings and bracelet + gold 35.55 gms + labour = $3800
Total set $5795

Israel Diamonds was a pleasure to work with and did a great job in getting me exactly what I wanted. My family jeweller in Calcutta outdid himself as usual. All of these pieces were custom made for me in about 2 weeks.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woweeee, those are gorgeous!!!
3.gif
3.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Oh my lordy! Outstanding pieces!
21.gif

mandyd

Shiny_Rock
Gary (CutNut) I hope you are looking at this post since you wanted to see the pics. I tried to email you but it bounced back.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW! I just went and read your other thread and you have an amazing collection! There are so many beautiful pieces! Your newest pieces are gorgeous, too!

I also really enjoyed reading about your parents'' love match! And I liked hearing how the jewelry and clothing industries work over there! You have some great stories and India sounds like it would be an amazing place to visit and go shopping!

mandyd

Shiny_Rock
Oops! Made a mistake in calculating the diamond danglers. The stones are much bigger so the right cost would be:

Diamond danglers: Total .41ct x 8 pcs= 3.28 ct E/VS invisible setting centre stones from Israel Diamonds = $8,500
From India surrounding diamonds 1.26 cts + 7.7 gms gold + labour $375 = $1400
Total cost of danglers $9900

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have some beautiful and special jewelry!!! We all need a family jeweler like yours!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Wow, those are gorgeous pieces!! Thank you so much for posting them!
1.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS, especially those danglies!!
36.gif
36.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Btiger, thank you so much for your wonderful posts, your previous thread was such a fantastic read!
The very little I know of India, and Indian people, I absolutely adore!!
I have a gorgeous older friend, Mrs Nataranjan, and your posts seem to have a similar wonderfully warm and lively spirit. Could that be the ''India'' in you?
all the best anyway, your previous thread took a lot of effort, and I loved every scrap!

L.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are gorgeous. I saw your other thread with your beautiful collection. All I can say is WOW!!! What a beautiful, beautiful collection you have. I was drooling. Everything you own is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!

Linda

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
I love your collection!!!!!!!! I have recently started wearing high caret yellow gold and love the colour. I have to say that your e-ring is my fave here on Pricescope.
30.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Oooooh the colors
6.gif
and the sparkles
10.gif
!
2.gif
30.gif
2.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amazing pieces!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Btiger, I love all your pieces, you have an Amazing collection. If possible I would like to ask you a favour - do you by chance know where to buy 22k jewellery online? I have wanted some 22k gold bangles for as long as I can remember, and I''m hoping you know somewhere online that is reputable?

tia!
aj

mandyd

Shiny_Rock
HI AJ

Regarding where to buy 22ct gold bangles online. All Indian jewellery stores in the US stock and sell them and you can find these in every major city in America. Even if they don''t have them online, I''m sure you can email them and they will send you pics or catalogs. Best thing would be to look online for Indian jewellery stores and email them. Some names that come to mind are Highglow & Bhindi. However, best to try them on for size and buy, as Indian bangles are meant to be slipped on and do not generally have a clasp system. Since we have been slipping on bangles since childhood we can slip on incredibly small sizes that fit perfectly on the wrist. But I have noticed that most westerners cannot manipulate their thumbs to accomodate such small sizes and end up buying very large sizes that keep falling off the wrist. Also with the price of gold so high these bangles may look thin but they are heavy and quite expensive so I would make every effort to visit an Indian jewellery store in my area and check out the goods before I buy. Do post pics online if you do!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2008 9:20:58 PM
Author: btiger
HI AJ

Regarding where to buy 22ct gold bangles online. All Indian jewellery stores in the US stock and sell them and you can find these in every major city in America. Even if they don''t have them online, I''m sure you can email them and they will send you pics or catalogs. Best thing would be to look online for Indian jewellery stores and email them. Some names that come to mind are Highglow & Bhindi. However, best to try them on for size and buy, as Indian bangles are meant to be slipped on and do not generally have a clasp system. Since we have been slipping on bangles since childhood we can slip on incredibly small sizes that fit perfectly on the wrist. But I have noticed that most westerners cannot manipulate their thumbs to accomodate such small sizes and end up buying very large sizes that keep falling off the wrist. Also with the price of gold so high these bangles may look thin but they are heavy and quite expensive so I would make every effort to visit an Indian jewellery store in my area and check out the goods before I buy. Do post pics online if you do!
thankyou btiger - unfortunatey I a posting from australia, and there aren''t any shops like that to my knowledge in my area.
I have found a couple of sites - if you don''t mind I may post the links and get you to see if the quality looks any good?
Thankyou for the advice, sorry I didn''t mention I''m o/seas!
5.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Lovely earrings! I just looked at your other thread, and OH MY! AMAZING collection!
You have such stunning pieces! I especially love the earrings...all of them!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
those are stunning, enjoy them!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy cow, those are gorgeous! All of them!!

mandyd

Shiny_Rock
Hi AJ,

Rest assured there are plenty of Indians and Indian jewellery stores in Australia too. You should have no problem locating a store. The next time you see an Indian just ask them where the nearest Indian grocery store is if they don''t know a jewellery store. You will find plenty of information from any Indian grocery stores. I would just be wary of buying online, best to check out the wares before parting with your money.

Thank you everyone for the lovely comments on my collection. Each piece is very special to me as each one was a labour of love. The stones in these danglers and the coloured diamonds took me more than 6 months to put together and 8 months to find the perfect stone for my ring on the left. Then of course the time to organize my trip to India and the waiting on pins and needles wondering if it would be finished on time!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results