shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW AVC + AVR Bezel Eternity Band by BGD!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
OMG - that is amazing! I cannot WAIT for hand shots!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I'm drooling...quite literally! :love: It's gorgeous, and I'm not one for mixing up my stones like that, but that is one amazing piece of jewelry! There are few rings that I see that I feel like I just have to slip on and take a test drive, but yours just made me want to jump inside my laptop and play. It's beautiful I can't wait to see hand shots!!!!! congrats it's a beauty!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
That is an awsome eband!!!!!!!! I love what you did!

LittleSparkle

Shiny_Rock
thing2of2, Amys Bling, tyty333, pixies, OCgirl, Asscherhalo_lover, Joolz, Skippy123, Tuckins1, Elisateach, stargurl78, catwalk82, luv2sparkle, mesmerized, MrsM, mitsui4, centralsquare, Christina..., lknvrb4, Sarahbear621---THANK YOU all so much for the fabulous comments. I am always so happily surprised by the support and excitement of my fellow Pricescopers. I love that people are as excited (read: crazy) about diamonds as I am. I am so excited to get the package and promise to post hand shots! I also don't know how I'm going to avoid wearing it until June. That is why I do plan to lock it away where it won't be so easy to take out at night and wear while I'm doing laundry or cleaning or brushing my hair...

I really love how the band turned out (though I need to see it IRL of course) and definitely think the milgrain works well with the antique stones. It feels like this project has been in the works for so long! I cannot wait to see the stones (b/c I had them sent directly from GOG to BGD) and see how the AVCs/AVRs perform in these sizes. Part of me questioned whether it was worth the extra $$ to use AVCs/AVRs rather than use general H&A .25ct-ers for this project, since you may not see the chunky faceting in stones of this size, and I am really hoping that my decision was the correct one.

Will report back as soon as the box is in my eager little fingers! :naughty:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is outstanding! I've died and gone to AV heaven. Swoon! :love:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
me too!

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that is simply stunning ! I cant wait to see how beautiful it is with your engagement ring :love: :love:

LittleSparkle

Shiny_Rock
It arrived!!!
It is incredible. And BLINGY. It is a lot heavier than I expected and wearing it will definitely take some getting used to. But it is absolutely stunning. I can officially say that the little AVCs & AVRs perform just as well as their big brothers and sisters. It is definitely harder to make out the distinct chunky facet patterns, but they send off incredible flashes of light. And BGD's work is amazing, as always. The milgraining is so delicate and fine and I see very little metal when looking straight down. Boy, do I adore some delicate bezels!

I am so excited it is finally in my hands!!!!!!

:appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl:

IMG_2170.jpg

IMG_2172.jpg

IMG_2179.jpg

IMG_2184.jpg

mrsjacob

Shiny_Rock
Wow! That's really pretty. And why does everyone on here have such pretty hands except for me?! ;-)

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
OMG~ It arrives so soon!! It is totally pretty on you!!!
Yes indeed you need time getting used to it. But it is all worthwhile!!!
It is a beauty!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Amazing Ring!!!!!!!!!!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Your hands are sooooooo pretty!

Rings not bad either ;))

slg47

Ideal_Rock
wow!!!! it looks great!!!

so...i know you can't wear it yet...but what about more pics???

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! It is amazing and you have the long, beautiful fingers needed to carry it off! Congratulations on a lovely ring!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And your finger size is what??? That ring is beautiful!!! :D

Aven

Rough_Rock
:love: I am not usually a huge fan of larger carat weight eternity rings but your new ring has me drooling!!! Its really really lovely, the design and milgrain are stunning and your avc's and avr's are to die for! I do hope there will be more photos, its sooo pretty :appl:

LittleSparkle

Shiny_Rock
rosetta & motownmama-thank you! I've also gone to AV heaven!
Hospatogi-thank you! I will post a picture of the band paired with my engagement ring later. I'm probably not going to wear them that way b/c it is a bit too much on one finger, but fun for a picture or two.
mrsjacob, mitsui4, dragonfly411, rosetta, by slg47, tyty333, Cozystitches--thank you all for the ring (and hand! :twirl: ) compliments! My fingers are quite long and skinny! I guess it works to my advantage in this particular instance because I can stack, stack, stack those rings up. My finger size is around a 3.75. My engagement ring is sized at 3 7/8ths and is tight around the knuckle, but spins around the finger. And I had this band created in a size 4.25 because I knew it would be difficult to ever size it up in the future should my fingers get larger. However, it is noticeably (to me) too big in some of the pictures. Might have to invest in sizing beads at some point...

Will definitely take some more pictures tonight!

Supers

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow - AVCs and AVRs.
Gorgeous.

Edit as I missed page 2!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is so perfect and blingly! Love love love!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Holy cow! That's one amazing band!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gorgeous! i bet you can't wait to wear it - it's so beautiful on you!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That is one stunning band! :appl:

Enjoy!

Cachette :))

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
oh my goodness :love:
I love that, it is so stunning!!
Congratulations!!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
After looking at your pictures at least 5 times, I'm still in doubt whether I'm more in love with your ring or with your hands...GORGEOUS!!!

LittleSparkle

Shiny_Rock
Wow, more comments :appl: Supers, luv2sparkle, alene, violet3, pregcurious, Cachette,Future Mrs. Williamson!!, purplesilk--thank you so much! It is so nice to read all of these nice things about my band --and my hands! It is always nice to have a little reassurance that your crazy project wasn't totally crazy! Most people I know would have been horrified that I selected individual stones for an eternity bad rather than just going with whatever was in stock...

More pictures (and a question/tiny concern) coming soon!

LittleSparkle

Shiny_Rock
First--the little concern I have after examining the ring last night. As I mentioned, the ring is very heavy. I think it contains 12 grams of platinum total. I know that a lot of the metal is necessary because of the bezel setting, but I am wondering if there is perhaps a tad too much metal between the bezels? It is hard to capture what I am seeing, but it looks like each bezel is separated/glued together by a little slice of metal rather than sitting flush against one another. Am I imagining things?

Just to add a pinch of crazy to my cup of neurotic, it also looks like the milgrain is a tad bit wonky (though this also may be because I looked at this under the 10x magnifier last night?) in a few areas. For example, in this picture (which shows the metal + milgrain the best), the milgrain on top left corner of the southernmost cushion seems to be strangely out of line in that the beads fall below the rest of the outline. Again, am I being crazy?

Ok, w/ the concerns out of the way, on to more pictures!

IMG_2193.JPG

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is beautiful!

As for the extra metal in between, I think it is somewhat necessary to fill the gap. It looks like the stones are set into little cups, and as the bottoms are lined up at their bases to curve around the finger, the tops are naturally somewhat separated. I think the "extra" metal is for stability, and I'm not sure (ask BG) it is "fixable" if that makes sense. As for the millgraining, that's up to you as to whether it bothers you enough to have the issue addressed. I know the millgraining on one of my rings isn't perfect, but it's ok because I don't notice it from normal viewing distances.

LittleSparkle

Shiny_Rock
A few more pictures! Including one of the band with my engagement ring. But this combo is way too heavy for one finger. Plus, I don't want to steal any thunder from my beloved e-ring and I think it just gets lost in a blob of sparkle when paired with the band.

IMG_2198.jpg

IMG_2203.jpg

IMG_2205.jpg

IMG_2178.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results