shape
carat
color
clarity

Authentic Tiffany Settings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kathyinjapan

Shiny_Rock
Specs for the e-ring are 0.35ct, F, VVS1
wedding ring is 2.2mm wide, G color, TCW could be 0.15ct but I''m not entirely certain

The engagement ring prongs sit high enough that they don''t get rubbed against but the ''donut'' underneath it has a few scratches. Do you have any ideas on how to stop this from getting worse?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2008 12:59:11 AM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1
Hi Kathy do you mind sharing the specs?

I love the shared setting half-circle and was recently contemplating having WF make me a replica as a rhr or switch out from my WB.

Where do you get rub marks on the e-ring? Mine has one rub area, a circle, under the prongs.
I had the same problem. I wore a shared prong eternity band next to my ering from Tiffs, and it made notches under the prongs. I bought the Tiffany Legacy band, it''s bead set, in a channel type setting, so no more damage to the ering.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Kathy, I love your wedding band!

kathyinjapan

Shiny_Rock
MoonWater - thanks!
21.gif

Date: 3/13/2008 1:18:24 AM
Author: KaleighI had the same problem. I wore a shared prong eternity band next to my ering from Tiffs, and it made notches under the prongs. I bought the Tiffany Legacy band, it''s bead set, in a channel type setting, so no more damage to the ering.

Did you speak to them about this problem? What did they say about it?

I emailed Tiffany last July and expressed concern about my wedding band prongs possibly damaging my engagement ring setting. I also asked if I should have them soldered. They avoided answering that question directly and instead advised me that their wedding bands and engagement rings were designed to complement each other and suggested I have my rings resized down so that they sat more flush. (I did and they do sit more flush now. I also remember one of their sales associates in Seattle or Portland assuring me that the two rings are okay to be worn together.)

Now I''m a little concerned/concerned because the markings that are there now are visible and I''ve only been wearing them together for just 8 months. I really love my set and want to continue to wear them together but I''m not sure if I should..

I''ve emailed them so I''m just waiting for a response now.

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2008 1:11:50 AM
Author: kathyinjapan
Specs for the e-ring are 0.35ct, F, VVS1
wedding ring is 2.2mm wide, G color, TCW could be 0.15ct but I''m not entirely certain

The engagement ring prongs sit high enough that they don''t get rubbed against but the ''donut'' underneath it has a few scratches. Do you have any ideas on how to stop this from getting worse?

its got a lifetime warranty from Tiffany... Send it to them to have it fixed every few years. =)

sparxs111

Shiny_Rock
I highly recommend the superbcert tiffany replicas. They seem to be the best on the market. As foer sending them you diamoind, just make sure it is appraised before you send it, so you are sure it is the same stone when you get it back. That is something that should be done ANYTIME, you give your ring or diamond away. HAs nothing to do with the excell diamonds reputation. They do great work, and are pretty easy to deal with. I personally purchased the channel set ring and it was gorgeous!!!!!!!! Highly recommend. They also do custom work, so if you wanted something to sit a LITTLE tighter, you would have to send them your other ring and they could probably work with it and make it a little more flush.

Good luck!!

sparxs111

Shiny_Rock
PS, as for the ebay setting STAY AWAY. Couple of problems could be that a stone was originally mounted for a certain size, and more than likely will not fit your diamond. What is the condition of the prongs... etc. Its states I think a .4 ct difference in size possibility, however, that is quite a bit when it comes to prong size. So it is used and will probably just cause a head ache...

kathyinjapan

Shiny_Rock
Here''s another pic for the OP

IMG_4927.jpg

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
KathyinJapan, we're almost e-ring twins! When I saw your last photo, I almost gasped out loud because it looks so familiar, so I had to go back and find your specs. SO close -- mine is .35, E, VS1. I was also looking at the exact same 1/2 eternity band, not as my wedding band (which will be the plain Lucida 3mm) but as a third ring to stack with the e-ring and w-band, so I'm really interested to hear what T&Co says about the rubbing. Please let us know if you get a response!

kathyinjapan

Shiny_Rock
Octavia- T&Co said that all their pieces carry a lifetime warranty so they will repair/rebuff any scratches and dents (worldwide service is one of the reasons we chose to go with them). She also suggested wearing a plain classic band between the e-ring and eternity band and has said it''s worked for other clients.

Do you have a pic of your ring? I''d love to see
21.gif

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Kathy, here is a pic of my ring. I''m glad to know that they''ll fix any scratches and dents! I really don''t want to wear four rings, I want to stack (bottom to top) my w-band, e-ring, and skinny 1/2 eternity band. So I''ll probably just take my chances and hope for the best
1.gif

I love, love, love seeing the photo of your rings together, although it always makes me want to dash around the corner to Tiffany so I can play!

P2090191-1.JPG

kathyinjapan

Shiny_Rock
it''s gorgeous
9.gif
and you''re right- we really are e-ring twins

I can''t wait to see your set!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results