shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Audrey (2.55 S-T OEC) in a platinum BGD bezel solitaire :o)

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi guys,

Say hello to my Audrey in a new outfit. :naughty: This diamond was originally set in an elaborate platinum vintage setting that was not my style. I didn't know how to re-set her at first, so I went with a 14k YG 6-prong solitaire. It was nice, but eventually I realized the yellow gold wasn't doing the warm OEC the right kind of favor. And I wanted a protective bezel.

Having seen a few beautifully executed bezels from Brian Gavin Designs, I decided to take a chance on one of their regular designs, and I think it worked out nicely! The platinum softens the diamond's tint and the gold color that comes through is a lovely shade that just melts my picky cold heart. ;))

For Audrey's story and pics in her previous settings, see my old thread:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/meet-audrey-my-2-55ct-s-t-oec-bundle-of-creamy-goodness.193454/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/meet-audrey-my-2-55ct-s-t-oec-bundle-of-creamy-goodness.193454/[/URL]

And now, a ton of pics! I've only had this ring for one day so far, so more pics are inevitable :rodent:

img_8541.jpg

img_8548.jpg

img_8554.jpg

img_8588.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Re: Audrey (2.55 S-T OEC) in a platinum BGD bezel solitaire

There are more and more pics...

img_8593.jpg

img_8598.jpg

img_8602.jpg

img_8649.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ohhh..beautiful!!! :love: BG does great bezels and that is a lovely setting for Audrey! :appl:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

cont'd... the many shades of Audrey :cheeky:

img_8658.jpg

img_2851.jpg

img_8667.jpg

img_8674.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thanks DS! I'm liking the setting so far. Super comfy. And no worry girdle protection.

more pics...

img_8697.jpg

img_8702.jpg

img_2853.jpg

img_8737.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

and last batch... for now :cheeky:

Thanks for looking! :wavey:

img_8740.jpg

img_8761.jpg

img_8766.jpg

img_8772.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I JUST WROTE UP THIS HUGE LONG COMMENT AND LOST IT!! :angryfire:

BUT AUDREY LOOKS AMAZING. I CANNOT STOP STARING AT HER IN THIS BEZEL. IT IS THE BEST CHOICE, BUT WHO WOULDA THUNK? SOOO CHIC AND MODERN, BUT STILL SOFT WITH THE MILLGRAIN. SHE LOOKS HUGE!!! AND I LOVE IT WITH THE PLAIN YELLOW BAND. PERFECT. I WOULD GRAB YOUR HAND IF I SAW IT. :appl: :appl:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thanks LLJsmom!!! :D

braga123

Brilliant_Rock

So gorgeous!

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock

How beautiful! That setting suits your gorgeous stone so well! Congratulations!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock

I'm speechless! Another yellow gold wearer turned to white metal! I must admit it's definately better! And bezel; it suits Your stone perfectly. Pattern of Your stone is so clear and beautiful. When I was thinking of moving out from my bezel, reason was just pattern performance. Different stones, different settings; only trying You will find the best.

Just one question; You have most gorgeous french cut band; how it looks with Your new beauty? I found that after haloing my OEC I don't want to wear any other ring but thin palladium band. My 5-stone band and gorgeous 3-stone OMC sit on their boxes :confused: . For me one ring rules them all :confused:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous reset! Platinum is a great choice for OEC's. The ring is modern and sleek but the milgrain gives it a vintage edge that combines beautifully with the warm OEC!

A stunning ring :love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Absolutely beautiful! The setting is stunning in its simplicity & looks as though it was designed especially for Audrey! :appl:

Enjoy her!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Audrey looks so gorgeous in her new platinum setting. :love: I just love the way the facets are so distinct and chunky in the bezel and I love the milgrain. Beautiful and full of personality. I love her new setting-it suits her perfectly!!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It IS a magnificent stone!!!!! And I think it has made it face a lot whiter in the new halo too!!!!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

Looks great!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So pretty! It's amazing what a new setting can do!

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock

GemFever|1385442914|3563014 said:
Thanks DS! I'm liking the setting so far. Super comfy. And no worry girdle protection.

GemFever, beautiful ring! The milgrain bezel really highlights the diamond. I loved hearing that you thought the setting was super comfy and offered girdle protection. I've been really interested in bezel/less pave settings lately and your posting could not have been more timely. It would be nice not to have to think twice before sticking my hand in a purse or glove with my more elaborate ER setting. :appl: Thanks for posting such a beautiful ring! :love:

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

She's beautiful. The bezel really showcases her beautiful facets. I liked her in YG but I do think the platinum is better suited to her personality.

It cracks me up that you were already taking pictures when you picked her up! The pics are great and show how fabulous those facets are and how blingy she is.

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock

Audrey looks like the glamorous star she's named after. Beautiful but unfussy. Elegant yet everyday! Perfect! :appl: :appl: :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

Very elegant! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock

Gem, I didn't think Audrey could be any more beautiful, but she is. Looks great on your pretty hand.
Didn't recall your French cut band. Must look it up. Do you wear it on your right hand? Don't tell me it sits in your jewelry box. Love the look of a French cut band.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

Love the outfit change!! She looks so classy and modern, just like a proper lady should be ;-)

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Absolutely beautiful! You have impeccable taste.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thank you The sun is shining, braga123, daintyG, Acinom, Alex T, missy, arkieb1, lknvrb4, mom2boys, valmanin, canuk-gal, pandabee, and Laila619!!

Hi Confection10! You are right about bezels, some stones like them and some not so much. Audrey feels quite fine in a bezel ::) I think it's actually giving her a little more definition around the edges. And I think it's the same with metal color (some stones prefer white, some love the rich yellow). I still love yellow gold and the contrast of a white stone against yellow metal. But for a warmer stone, i prefer the contrast (and softening effect) of white metal. And I'm with you on the "One Ring to Rule them All!" At least for now ;))

sweet_blossom -- glad to provide a useful perspective in the nick of time ::) The setting is very comfortable and gives me peace of mind. The only "problem" is that it still catches (the side of the ring) when I stick my hand into a pocket. But I think that's inevitable when a stone is over a certain size, so I'm not complaining!

iluvshinythings -- I have an iphone photography problem! I almost can't look at anything pretty/picturesque (especially gemstones) without pulling out the phone and snapping a pic. Hence, the pic overload in my threads :bigsmile:

AnnaH thanks! But yes, I'm afraid the frenchie band is going to be in storage for now. I don't wear RHRs at the moment and it would be too much on my left hand. I'm going to wear the frenchie band on those days when I want to go low-key, or when I miss yellow gold. Or when I miss the frenchies. :halo:

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock

I love this style of setting for your old cut! For many, the enclosed girdle really ups the contrast and lets you see the patterning through the whole face of the stone. Mine was like that, so was Junebug's and MayK's. And your diamond also perked up in a bezel! The patterning on this stone is to die for. I know she is not the color you dream of. But I know from experience and I think you do too that you cannot have *everything* in a diamond, and size adn faceting are by far the most important characteristics :devil: So, I hope you can find ways to love this lady and enjoy her!

I find my ring also catches a little on things, but because the basket is enclosed and goes all the way to my finger, it probably catches less than yours, which has a "lip" so to speak. Will you keep this sleek modern style or keep an eye out for a suitable vintage piece?

What type of band will you wear? I think plan platinum to match the shank of your solitare would be great.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is such an exquisite ring on you! I love that size, it looks PERFECT! the beautiful milgrain just on the inside of the bezel is outstanding. I love the simple look but makes a big statement!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Lovely! I think the bezel is the perfect choice for this stone - the color looks gorgeous, the contrast is crisp, and it looks even bigger. Amazing!

adorezy

Rough_Rock

oh it looks so nice in a bezel - it doesn't look like a S-T stone. Very bright and beautiful! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results