shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher and Yellow Gold

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiscoT

Rough_Rock
So here''s my new (engaged in January) e-ring! I wasn''t too sure about the more traditional yellow gold, but my FI wanted traditional and picked it out himself.

I did let him know that I wanted something simple, modern, and elegant. I originally wanted a round center stone but decided on a unique asscher cut because I found out it was designed in Amsterdam. Our first big trip was to Amsterdam!

Here are the specs: (GIA Cert)

1.25 Carat Cut cornered Square Step Cut
Measurements: 5.92x5.88x3.92mm
Color Grade: I
Clarity Grade: SI1

Finish: Polish- Excellent
Symmetry- Very Good
Fluorescence- None
Table: 60%
Depth: 66.7%
Set in 4-prong platinum and 18kt white gold mounting
Flanked by 2 .13 baguettes of G/H color, SI Clarity

Oh yeah, and my ring size is 4/4.25.

Although I used to wear mostly silver, I am starting to really love the yellow gold especially with the diamond! I''ve received several compliments on the diamond cut and the yellow gold. I think it stands out, since it seems most people wear white gold/platinum these days. Plus, the design makes it really streamlined and modern and not "old-fashioned."

ringteh.jpg

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
i love yellow gold, it looks better on me than platinum, but i love rose gold even more. your asscher looks huge and beautiful on your hand. gorgeous classic ring. congratulations!

DiscoT

Rough_Rock
Thanks Erika! I''m loving it more and more every day. I think the yellow gold looks better on my hands too.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s stunning. I love the yellow gold setting. Congrats on your engagement!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooo, it''s beautiful! I love it with the tapered baguettes and the YG makes it more unique. Lovely ring!
36.gif
36.gif

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Great fire shots! I''m really enjoying seeing more YG!! Congrats!!!!
36.gif

DiscoT

Rough_Rock
Thank you!! I didn''t see too many YG rings, esp ones with Asschers. Figured I would pull them out of the shadows.

DiscoT

Rough_Rock
Wow, sharpening the pictures really make my hands look funky- every line, dent, and hair! Yikes!

RoseRed

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring! I love the yellow gold
3.gif

Congrats!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
stunning...i wish that i would be able to get fire shots like that on my asscher!!! im so jealous!!! beautiful!

DiscoT

Rough_Rock
Thanks a bunches! It''s been rainy and cloudy for the past week, so I ran outside to take some shots since it is so gorgeous out today. I love going to restaurants because the asscher seems to go crazy in dimly lit spaces or the opposite- in sunlight. Certain lights are ideal like being under track lighting or any other place with several small lights above like in an auditorium. It looks pretty dead under halogen or regular house lights.

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
it''s just beautiful! i can see why you get compliments on the cut!! yellow gold is making a comeback, me thinks. you''re ahead of the curve, lol

eaglesgal

Rough_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!! I love asscher cut diamonds...your ring is stunning and it looks beautiful on your hand.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! Congrats!

DiscoT

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys! Ya''ll are too sweet! Now it''s on to the wedding band!
2.gif

DiscoT

Rough_Rock
P.S.- Anyone has suggestions for the wedding band? I think I know what I want, but I''m still looking.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results