shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher and Yellow Gold

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty! I love it!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement and your beautiful ring Discot!!!!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is a stunner. I love the unusual combo of yg and the asscher. Wowza!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS asscher! I think the yellow gold is great, too. I would wear more of it if it didn''t look awful on my skin!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohmigodohmigodohmigod!!!!!!! I''m SO excited to see a setting such as this in YELLOW GOLD!!! (I am a yellow gold NUT
37.gif
) It is absolutely perfect disco, I love love lOVE it! The icy whiteness of that gorgeous asscher against the buttery warmth of the gold... ahhhhhhh
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
*drooool*

GREAT choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning Ascher
30.gif
, love the yg a well.

Enjoy
35.gif

D2B

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2008 4:27:38 PM
Author: DiscoT
Fire!
I love how your diamond looks "glowy" here!!

Just a gorgeous ring. Your guy did very well. Congrats!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2008 1:59:26 AM
Author: musey
GORGEOUS asscher! I think the yellow gold is great, too. I would wear more of it if it didn't look awful on my skin!
Me too Musey, I like it, but IT doesn't like me.
14.gif

DiscoT

Rough_Rock
Thank you! Thank you! I thought I was starting to get DSS from reading PS so much, but in the end, PS is the perfect cure for DSS when you have such great forum-goers!
3.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2008 11:26:27 AM
Author: DiscoT
Thank you! Thank you! I thought I was starting to get DSS from reading PS so much, but in the end, PS is the perfect cure for DSS when you have such great forum-goers!
3.gif

Thanks for posting your ring DiscoT!
It's so beautiful!
I love the yellow gold. I gotta gets me some yellow gold!

I can get DSS BIG time, but I'm trying to take a whole new approach to the matter.
"Just love what you got!"

I love what you got
1.gif

Really lovely ring!
36.gif
30.gif

mara54

Shiny_Rock
I also am a fan of yellow gold. Most of my rings are yellow gold. Your ring is beautiful, I love the asscher. Congratulations!!
35.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would try a thin WB of baguettes - what are you thinking of?

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I love it! I LOVE yellow gold, and it is such a beautiful combination with the asscher! Congrats on your engagement and such a lovely ring!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Just gorgeous! I love asschers with baguettes!

studyer83

Shiny_Rock
The yellow gold is absolutely gorgeous, and the ring looks perfect on your finger.

I really think that the YG makes the steps in the asscher pop because the white of the diamond doesn''t "blend" with the white of the rest of the ring. If that makes any sense to anyone but me.....

My ER is platinum, and sometimes I wish it were YG, because (1) YG looks better with my skin, and (2) YG is so unique these days.

lotsofsparkle

Shiny_Rock
your ring is stunning! congrats!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know I''m truly a big sparkle girl: I love RB and cuts like cushions. But every time one of you guys posts an asscher I''m just enthralled. Maybe it''s like a perfume you love on someone else but know would be wrong for you? Who knows. But that is a gorgeous gorgeous stone and ring.

And I''m going to put in a word here for YG. Honestly, I don''t know how it fell out of vogue. I know platinum is better for holding stones and engraving, but YG could NEVER be "old-fashioned", unless you consider Etruscan/Celtic/Egyptian (you get the idea) jewelry "old-fashioned". Yellow gold simply IS. Before all the others there is GOLD. And for those of us with a certain skin tone, gold really is the better metal. Don''t get me wrong, I love both silver(metals) and gold, but a high karat gold? Nothing approaches it in my book.

(off my YG soapbox now)
2.gif

DiscoT

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the wonderful compliments!! I''ve had to resize my ring again since the first post and realized my finger size is actually a 3.75 (it''s gone from 5 to 4.25 to 3.75)! Maybe I have a magical shrinking finger?! Now that it fits me perfectly, I am in love with it all over again. Yay!
30.gif

DiscoT

Rough_Rock
P.S.- Thanks Karen for the YG spiel! I''ve decided that I am totally a YG gal. The yellow really stands out and adds the perfect amount of color to the ring!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Holy smokes, I wish I had tiny fingers. Your asscher looks huge! Happy belated congrats on getting engaged DiscoT
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results