shape
carat
color
clarity

Art deco setting ideas (Widget, are you out there?)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Widget, I''m thinking of resetting my "temporary" 3.37 round (he''s a link to some of the ideas that I have so far: link). That being said, I would love something with a little deco flare and you always the best best art deco jewelry. Do you have any ideas on where to find deco settings (either reproductions or original, but I think it might be hard to find original settings that would fit this stone properly)?

Everyone else please feel free to chime in too!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hi, DJ! I''m so flattered you asked me...but I''m not sure how much help I''ll be...

I''ve only had one antique repro made (Usually I prefer authentic period pieces, but agree that finding an ''empty'' one for your honker would probably be near impossible.)

Van Craeynest (in San Francisco) mounted my little star ruby for me. The detail and workmanship is beyond stunning...but unfortunately, so are their prices!
6.gif

http://www.vancraeynest.com/index.html

My only other thoughts are Fay Cullen or Singlestone...the latter probably better for custom work....but I don''t know if any PSers have ever used them...do you?

Oh....and I must say I was really impressed with how much more delicate Beaudry rings look in person. I don''t know if they do custom, or work with the client''s stones. See? I told you I wouldn''t be much help!
5.gif

I saw your other thread and probably didn''t join in because I personally don''t love halos...especially for big 3+ carat honkers! But that''s just me.

Here''s an assortment of Deco rings I found at Singlestone I sorta like....

Have fun!
widget

Utitched-03876.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know what, Dee Jay? I recently emailed Maytal Hoftman who used to work for Beaudry, and I think if you could get an idea of what you wanted, you could ask her for a price quote. I'll see if I can find some of her sample pictures. They aren't the style you're asking about, but I think she could do it for you.

ETA: I think I'll post a thread on Rocky Talk with Maytal Hoftman's rings in case someone in the future does a search.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Great idea, Diamondseeker! I''d forgotten about Maytal! I bet she could do a fabulous job...and not break the bank...

widget

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just love that bottom left one that widget posted in her collage...it reminds me of one I saw at Fourtane which held a 2c stone I think. Lovely delicate setting with some bead set pave down the sides. Somehow though I tend to think those beautiful old looking settings look best with something like a chunky faceted stone in them, like an OMC or an OEC.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Widget, thanks for the info. I just looked at the site you suggested--that stack of wedding rings under "collections" is fab!

DS - I caught up with you in the other thread, but I think I will e-mail the designer and see if she has any pieces that might fit what I *think* I want.

And Mara, how could I have forgotten about Fourtane?! They don''t much on their website but I''ve always found them super accommodating in person so maybe I''ll give them a call and see if they have anything and if they''ll e-mail me pics.

(Sometimes I think I like the *process* more than the actual outcome, LOL! Maybe that''s why I keep making my husband move within months--sometimes weeks--after we finish remodeling whatever property we''re living in!)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2006 2:06:18 PM
Author: Mara
I just love that bottom left one that widget posted in her collage...
I was just about to write this. I LOVE that setting - it really has nice vintage flair but lets the STONE do the talking!!!!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Why, funny timing!

Kristydarling and I were just drooling in the San Francisco store Lang Estate Jewelry this afternoon and I had never seen such a collection of fab estate stuff in one place. Kristydarling and I got to try on some baubles....sigh. A 3.3 ct Old Mine Cut in a handmade reproduction setting, to mention just one...

Anyway, lots of eye candy on that website!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/29/2006 1:06:05 AM
Author: wallermama
Why, funny timing!

Kristydarling and I were just drooling in the San Francisco store Lang Estate Jewelry this afternoon and I had never seen such a collection of fab estate stuff in one place. Kristydarling and I got to try on some baubles....sigh. A 3.3 ct Old Mine Cut in a handmade reproduction setting, to mention just one...

I just looked at the prices on the Lang web site and cracked up when I saw how YOU had picked out the most expensive diamond ring in the case to try on! Hahahaha. I''m gonna tell your husband.
2.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/29/2006 1:41:00 AM
Author: KristyDarling
Date: 7/29/2006 1:06:05 AM

Author: wallermama

Why, funny timing!

I just looked at the prices on the Lang web site and cracked up when I saw how YOU had picked out the most expensive diamond ring in the case to try on! Hahahaha. I''m gonna tell your husband.

2.gif

Would you expect anything less of a true PSer?!?

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Ha ha so funny...

Kristy, I did notice that when I asked her if it was an OMC and she said, no, it''s a cushion, I do believe I was right, according to the website! Now THAT''S a true PSer!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
DJ definitely call Fourtane...I''d ask to speak to Josh, the owner''s son...he was so helpful to me last time and he would know their stock best seemingly and what they can get. I did post this previously in my other thread, but they have a TON of settings that are art deco and vintage-ish and they will just sell you the setting which is a total perk. They should get more of their stuff on their website for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results