shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone got a James Meyer band they can share?

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Hi, we are going to be buying our bands from James Meyer and will be placing an order soon. Before we do, while I'm pretty sure we'll be going for the style in the photo, called WED-G I'm also drawn to Coati's lovely band from Jim, which is a concave ring with millegrain.

My dear man is cool with either model and we may not get matching bands anyhow, although we'll definitely be buying from Jim.

I'd love love to see some shots of the WED G model on someone. So, does anyone have one pretty please.

For ref I'm also uploading a shot of my e-ring to get an idea of what I'll be wearing it with.

WED-G.gif

bezelband1.jpg

1413.jpg

p1030091.jpg

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Photos not attaching - I'll try again tomorrow because I'd like to show the ring we are thinking of that goes with the e-ring and a shot of the height off the finger.

Thanks for you patience in the mean time, here's a linky:
http://www.jamesmeyerjewelry.com/wed_bands.htm
its the model WED-G

I'll have one more go, having converted from .gif to.jpeg - will that help...... ah the suspense!

Nope, no go, Pricescope doesn't love me tonight. Let's see if it's better tomorrow. 'Til then :wavey:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wed-G in a width to match your e-ring shank would be great!

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The WED-G is gorgeous and would be lovely with your beautiful new ring. I also love the WED-J--(those are mine and my husband's in the pic on Jim's site). The dished out center has a wonderful, subtle texture--if you ever wanted to add another in the future! The WED-J is very thin and delicate, while the G has a bit more presence--and the cool beveled edge.

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here's a better picture...
IMG_2176.jpg

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Thanks guys, and Coati your set was my inspiration :)

So you've seen Wed-G in real life, Coati. That's good to know, and it was more substantial. I do want something a bit substantial but I'm with you Ame when you suggest the same dimension as the e-ring. The shank on the ring I have is 2mm, so that would be the G model in 2mm.

I'd love to see photos of that band on someone. We'll be ordering from Belgium and then picking up the rings at the end of August so its sight unseen.

Thanks to Coati, I have a clear idea of how Wed-J looks - lovely. And how fits next to a platform ring. But mine is 'leaf and vine' with the leaf touching the finger so I'd be curious to know how G would work together with the e-ring. I'm OK with a small gap.

I'm going to try and upload one last time :)

That last photo is a dream Coati - arrrghhhh choices choices. Nice dilemma to have, huh?!

wed-g.gif

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
:((
why can't I upload....
Oh well, thanks so much for your input and I'll try again tomorrow, although it'll be like I'm bumping my own post, which I don't much like....

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm so sorry you're having upload trouble! Do contact us at https://www.pricescope.com/contact --if you're still having issues, we can help you upload.

Thanks for the kind words about my set. Your engagement ring is so lovely. As far as the gap is concerned, I actually "force" it when I wear my rings. They sit flush unless I push them apart, which I do often, because I prefer a gap!

Also, the WED-G has a higher rise than the WED-J, which is very flat to the finger. So a bit more 3 dimensional--bit more substance, but still delicate--in JM's way. The differences are subtle in person. hth!

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here's the image you are trying to upload--screen snapped it, so now it's a png. :))

WED-J-JM.png

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Lg0 - I have the WED-G band, in all platinum. I got it to go with my JM ring like Coati's. I didn't end up loving it with my ering, so I haven't worn it (keep meaning to list it actually). Anyway, I think it might have had the effect I was after had I asked for it in the same width as the ering. I also think I would have loved WED-J and probably should have gone that route. As it is, I got a plain 2mm band to wear with it, and then for an anniversary I got a 2mm diamond eternity band, so I alternate between the two depending upon my mood.

I will try and take pics for you, but tonight is looking a lil' nutty over here....

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
last one.... if there's another angle/shot you'd like to see let me know and i'll see what i can do!

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to bump this, i was out of town for the week, thanks so much for photos ladies :) and for helping me to post mine!
Rainydaze - so you think it was because you chose a wider band? I'd go for 2mm which is the same as the e ring shank. Also I think the wraps are yours are in the same metal rather than contrasting?
I wish I could just see and try on both before having to decide. I think I will go with WED-G and thanks very much to both of you for helping me with that decision.

:wavey:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, the wraps on my band are the same metal - all platinum. I think if I had gone 2mm instead of 2.5mm (didn't realize I could do that at the time) I would have liked the look better!

I also think the edges weren't as soft on mine as the edges on the site's example were. I think if it were more like his website's example, it would have looked better with my ering.

Can't wait to see yours, I'm dying to see it in a 2mm width! It's going to look gorgeous!

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
I think that band with your e-ring will look beautiful!!

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Thanks chaps!
I'll post when we get back from our trip, mid Sept. So looking forward to that holiday :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results