shape
carat
color
clarity

Anybody ever switch it up to wear bracelets as necklaces?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I was staring at my pretty ruby tennis bracelet today and wistfully wishing for its twin so I could wear it as a choker (there's a line in Angela Carter's "The Bloody Chamber" where a character describes an ancestor possessing a choker of rubies, like an extraordinarily precious slit throat ... fitting for a character in the time of the French Revolution), when I thought, "Heeeeeeeeeeeeey ... I've got that little bit of leftover chain just sitting around ...." and attached to the safety chain? Works like a charm!

It's not a perfect solution, but I like the idea enough that I'm going to see who on 47th might have a clasp to match the one on my bracelet: I put on a 5" chain, et voila! tennis necklaces. Anybody else ever give it a shot?

_22906.jpg

_22907.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Anybody ever switch it up to wear bracelets as necklaces

Love this idea Circe! Genius. Please let us know how your visit to 47th street goes. This would make bracelets all that more versatile.

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium

I have never done it with a tennis bracelet but I have done it to charm bracelets before so it makes a bib necklace of sorts.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock

I tried this with diamond tennis bracelets, but they flopped over due to the wee connections being designed to wrap around a wrist and not open up around a neck. Different plane of movement.
Cool that you made it work for that beautiful ruby number!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Cool idea. I have done it the other way around and made a necklace into a bracelet.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

No... but you did just inspire me to go into the ladies room and hold my tennis bracelet up to my neck to see what it looks like!

Phanie

Shiny_Rock

Brilliant! :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful! I wish I had some bracelets that would work for chokers but I dont have anything I think would work well. Yours
is lovely especially with that shirt!

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock

That's really pretty Circe!

(I add my Alhambra 5 motif bracelet to the 10 motif necklace, but I'm hardly alone or original in that.)

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock

Such a cool Idea! Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results