shape
carat
color
clarity

any vintage settings in YELLOW gold?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bravesgirl

Rough_Rock
I have been searching for a semi mount since my prong broke. I love the antique look of Tacori and such, but my wedding band is yellow gold. I''ve searched websites for a year, and still can''t find anything in YELLOW gold that looks good in the vintage style. I was thinking of maybe doing two tone, like the head/prongs are yellow, rest is white ir plat. Can I see photos of any two tone or yellow settings, please?
19.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rings are almost always done with the prongs in white gold or platinum so that it is white metal that is reflected by the diamond, not yellow. So you''re more likely to find a yellow gold ring with white gold or platinum prongs. My original set was also yellow gold and I recently changed to white gold for both rings.

Van Craeynest makes fine quality antique reproduction settings in yellow gold, but they are very expensive.

http://www.vancraeynest.com/index.html

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori will make their designs in 18K yellow gold.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
This one has yellow gold prongs and shank. So does this one. There''s a two-toned one here, but I''m not loving it. And here''s a yellow gold shank with white gold prongs.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Maybe you could post a pic of the band. That would narrow down which vintage, LOL. And what size & shape & color of diamond. Stuller illusion heads fit up to 1ct and maybe a jeweler could stuff up to a 7mm in there. You can get those in YG and attach to whatever shank. I''ve seen some nice settings cobbled together from an old Art Carved or such patterned or floral design wedding band and either a peg head or a boxy head like fishtail or illusion. A custom fishtail head in YG might be an option, although I''ve never seen a fishtail in anything buy white metals. YG fishtail would be pretty but not necessarily historically correct. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results