shape
carat
color
clarity

Any pics of 2-2.5 tcw shared prong eternity bands?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I''m having a hard time with the search feature today - but can anyone either post or link to pictures of shared prong eternity bands that are 2.0-2.5 tcw?

Thanks in advance!

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Octoberbride. I don''t have any pictures of those rings but I was just curious- does this mean you have picked a wedding band? I havent been around as much and I know before you were not sure which kind of band you were going to get. 2 ct eternity sounds good though! Good luck.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
here is flower12's 2.36 ctw ring size 5

P1050440.JPG

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 11:49:51 AM
Author: pavelover
Hi Octoberbride. I don''t have any pictures of those rings but I was just curious- does this mean you have picked a wedding band? I havent been around as much and I know before you were not sure which kind of band you were going to get. 2 ct eternity sounds good though! Good luck.
Yep! I decided to go with the shared prong eternity band. I was on the fence and this was FI''s preference. PLUS I feel like I could get a small matching band down the road for pretty cheap, so it is more possible to get that as a "gift" than a big blingy eternity band!!

What did you end up doing pavelover?

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 12:10:52 PM
Author: sevens one
here is flower12''s 2.36 ctw ring size 5
Ooohh! I likey!! It does look quite large, but I have a size 6 finger so it should look a bit smaller on me. Mine uses 10 pointers I think...

Thanks Sevens!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-rings.62583/

Here''s another size 5. I don''t have this ring any longer, but it was close to fitting the bill for your picture request. It was the BN 2ctw eternity band that ended up being a 1.85ctw in my size 5. I wouldn''t recommend BN''s eternity bands, but thought I''d share just for reference on size.
2.gif

I think you''ll love the decision to go with a shared prong eternity band!
36.gif
I have really enjoyed mine (signed pieces 1.68ctw size 4.75, pics in some of my other posts).

sna77

Brilliant_Rock

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 3:05:10 PM
Author: sna77
Hi,
I just ordered a 2.86 tcw shared brong band from Tiffany for my fiancé. It wont be in for another month or so, but when it does come in I''ll be sure to pist pictures...

The best I can do for now is hsow you a bad picture of my future sister-in-laws set.
https://www.pricescope.com/forum/rockytalky/need-help-picking-sizing-an-eternity-band-to-match-sc-tiffany-setting-t77020.html

Dont know the exact specs, but I guess its about 2.5-3 tcw:
Ooohhh that sounds incredible! Can''t wait to see it!

Any other people with a 2tcw eternity band?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hey October!!

I paged you the other day in DH, but I guess you didnt see the thread.....I was asking you about your w-band...Did you decide to go with ERD or Facets (or someone else) for it? I was just curious..

Yes, I know, I really owe you guys pics of my rings. I also want to take some new pics of my e-ring for all of you. MH said he will help me as soon as his grad school work winds down. PROMISE!!!
36.gif

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi October,
I ended up getting what I think is called a 1/2 eternity? It has 11 stones. They are tiny, I guess- maybe .03 each ? I really love it though and I did not love the matching band to my ring. I sometimes wear them toghether and sometimes separate, as I worry that the band will rub the diamonds on the side of my ering? Do you plan on wearing them together and do you worry about any scratching? Congrats on your new purchase!:)

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 9:15:03 PM
Author: Dani
Hey October!!

I paged you the other day in DH, but I guess you didnt see the thread.....I was asking you about your w-band...Did you decide to go with ERD or Facets (or someone else) for it? I was just curious..

Yes, I know, I really owe you guys pics of my rings. I also want to take some new pics of my e-ring for all of you. MH said he will help me as soon as his grad school work winds down. PROMISE!!!
36.gif
DANI! Seriously girlie...I''ve been watching for your pics and have been trying not to call you out on the fact you had been HOLDING OUT ON US!!! :) I can''t wait to see them - I''m sure the band with your beautiful ering will be stunning!

I decided to go with ERD for a few reasons. First off, Mark is amazing. He is so accommodating and easy to work with. Second, his quote was amazing. I shopped around to make sure it was what I wanted and his price was outstanding. Thirdly, I emailed Facets about whether or not they could make me what I wanted and they never wrote back. PLUS the one I had my eye on was gone, and from the sounds of it they have stopped producing white gold rings.

I will have the ring in a week or so (a friend of mine is picking it up for me on his holiday) and will post a tonne of pics I promise!!

I did end up going with the basket setting too - it wasn''t custom (probably Adwar), so it was more reasonable than I expected. Can''t wait!!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 9:27:02 PM
Author: pavelover
Hi October,
I ended up getting what I think is called a 1/2 eternity? It has 11 stones. They are tiny, I guess- maybe .03 each ? I really love it though and I did not love the matching band to my ring. I sometimes wear them toghether and sometimes separate, as I worry that the band will rub the diamonds on the side of my ering? Do you plan on wearing them together and do you worry about any scratching? Congrats on your new purchase!:)

Ooohhh you HAVE to show pictures of your band!! You must!!!! (yes, that is an order!). Band alone and with the ering :)

I am not planning on wearing them together, with the exception of my wedding day. FI and I both love my (our ;-) ring on its own finger, so I figure I should share the bling to my right hand! But on the wedding day, I can imagine when people ask to see my ring, I''ll want to show them the set on one hand.

Anyways I can''t wait to get it! The wait will be a lot less agonizing if you showed us some of your pics though Pavelover! (you too Dani
31.gif
)

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 9:39:18 PM
Author: October2008bride
Date: 3/6/2008 9:15:03 PM

Hey October!!

36.gif
DANI! Seriously girlie...I've been watching for your pics and have been trying not to call you out on the fact you had been HOLDING OUT ON US!!! :) I can't wait to see them - I'm sure the band with your beautiful ering will be stunning!

I decided to go with ERD for a few reasons. First off, Mark is amazing. He is so accommodating and easy to work with. Second, his quote was amazing. I shopped around to make sure it was what I wanted and his price was outstanding. Thirdly, I emailed Facets about whether or not they could make me what I wanted and they never wrote back. PLUS the one I had my eye on was gone, and from the sounds of it they have stopped producing white gold rings.

I will have the ring in a week or so (a friend of mine is picking it up for me on his holiday) and will post a tonne of pics I promise!!

I did end up going with the basket setting too - it wasn't custom (probably Adwar), so it was more reasonable than I expected. Can't wait!!

HA, HA!!! Im sorry...I really feel bad I left you guys hanging when it came to the pics, but the truth is (and its embarassing to say it) is that I am so not computer/anything tech savvy...its really pathetic!!! I always need MH's help!!!!

I am SOOO excited for you- you are going to have a gorgeous eternity band!!! Lucky girl! I am glad you are working with Mark. He is great, isnt he? We purchased my e-ring from him too...hope to work with him again in the future (sometime soon!) when we work on the
upgrade!! Ha!

So, what are the specs on the band? How big are the stones? Did you end up getting WG or plat? I'm sorry for being so nosey and asking so many questions, but I am really interested b/c I am researching 1 yr anni gifts!!!! I am SOOOO bad!!!! But seriously, an eternity band is next on my jewelry wish-list...I end up wearing just my w-bands (stacked) more than I wear my whole wedding set anyway!!!! So, it would totally be great to have a blingy e-band, ya know????

So, when do you get it?? Sooo happy for you!!!!
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 7:45:22 AM

HA, HA!!! Im sorry...I really feel bad I left you guys hanging when it came to the pics, but the truth is (and its embarassing to say it) is that I am so not computer/anything tech savvy...its really pathetic!!! I always need MH''s help!!!!

I am SOOO excited for you- you are going to have a gorgeous eternity band!!! Lucky girl! I am glad you are working with Mark. He is great, isnt he? We purchased my e-ring from him too...hope to work with him again in the future (sometime soon!) when we work on the
upgrade!! Ha!

So, what are the specs on the band? How big are the stones? Did you end up getting WG or plat? I''m sorry for being so nosey and asking so many questions, but I am really interested b/c I am researching 1 yr anni gifts!!!! I am SOOOO bad!!!! But seriously, an eternity band is next on my jewelry wish-list...I end up wearing just my w-bands (stacked) more than I wear my whole wedding set anyway!!!! So, it would totally be great to have a blingy e-band, ya know????

31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
Well my friend is picking it up on Saturday, but is on a week long holiday in California. So I should have it not next week, but the one after that.

It is 2.23 tcw, G colour, VS clarity in 18K wg setting. Since it wasn''t going to sit next to my platinum ring, I figured I should save the money and put it into TCW :) It is MUCH larger than I expected!! I think it will still look great and not too overpowering or anything. I can''t wait! I don''t know how I''ll wait until October to wear it full time! (Oh and the stones are likely 10 pointers each - 22 stones/2.23 total. That''s 10 pointers right?)

I''m not sure how wide that makes it though...

My camera is already charged in anticipation of the photoshoot that will come :)

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 9:48:49 AM
Date: 3/7/2008 7:45:22 AM

HA, HA!!! Im sorry...I really feel bad I left you guys hanging when it came to the pics, but the truth is (and its embarassing to say it) is that I am so not computer/anything tech savvy...its really pathetic!!! I always need MH''s help!!!!

upgrade!! Ha!

So, what are the specs on the band? How big are the stones? Did you end up getting WG or plat? I''m sorry for being so nosey and asking so many questions, but I am really interested b/c I am researching 1 yr anni gifts!!!! I am SOOOO bad!!!! But seriously, an eternity band is next on my jewelry wish-list...I end up wearing just my w-bands (stacked) more than I wear my whole wedding set anyway!!!! So, it would totally be great to have a blingy e-band, ya know????

31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
Well my friend is picking it up on Saturday, but is on a week long holiday in California. So I should have it not next week, but the one after that.

It is 2.23 tcw, G colour, VS clarity in 18K wg setting. Since it wasn''t going to sit next to my platinum ring, I figured I should save the money and put it into TCW :) It is MUCH larger than I expected!! I think it will still look great and not too overpowering or anything. I can''t wait! I don''t know how I''ll wait until October to wear it full time! (Oh and the stones are likely 10 pointers each - 22 stones/2.23 total. That''s 10 pointers right?)

I''m not sure how wide that makes it though...

My camera is already charged in anticipation of the photoshoot that will come :)

Ohhh, my, that sounds so exciting!!! Can I ask you approx. how much this ring set you back (ballpark $$ figure)? Wanting to know how much realistically we have to save up....lol....That size e-band is almost exactly what I am looking for, and I cant wait to see the pics, b/c you and I have the same finger size, so I will really get an idea of how it will look on me too...YAY!!!!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 10:45:52 AM

Ohhh, my, that sounds so exciting!!! Can I ask you approx. how much this ring set you back (ballpark $$ figure)? Wanting to know how much realistically we have to save up....lol....That size e-band is almost exactly what I am looking for, and I cant wait to see the pics, b/c you and I have the same finger size, so I will really get an idea of how it will look on me too...YAY!!!!
Hey Dani! Yep it came in the low 2k range. I hope you get one too! :)

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 10:59:09 AM
Date: 3/7/2008 10:45:52 AM

Thanks so much! That is reasonable. I wonder how much it would be in platinum, although I would probably get WG too b/c I wouldnt wear it with my EC e-ring....and more $$ to put towards the bling, just like you said!!!
2.gif
And I would definitely work with Mark too on this project.....heart him!!!
2.gif

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 11:14:29 AM

Date: 3/7/2008 10:59:09 AM

Thanks so much! That is reasonable. I wonder how much it would be in platinum, although I would probably get WG too b/c I wouldnt wear it with my EC e-ring....and more $$ to put towards the bling, just like you said!!!
2.gif
And I would definitely work with Mark too on this project.....heart him!!!
2.gif
Yeah I thought so too! Seriously - I compared a few different places and Mark was just so great and reasonable. We''ll see when I get it but I''m sure it will be amazing!

I think platinum will be at least 500 more for the setting - but by the time you buy even more maybe! It''s just so expensive!!

anyways keep us updated and I will post pics in a week (ahem...missy...maybe you should follow my lead!).

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh...I cant wait to see it!!! Seriously, if you dont plan on wearing your e-ring with this new band, why spend the extra $$$ on platinum? I feel the same way as you..... WG is fine...You must be so excited.....really, how are you going to wait till October to wear it?? Ha, ha!!!!

Hoping to get pics up this weekend......

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
hi! I just noticed my pic
1.gif
my ring size is #3.5 ( infact I am #3 but this eternity is #3.5 )
the above picture ring is 20pieces total 2.37ct.

this one is 20/ 3ct bit less than #5
here is more pic! hope it's help
1.gif

img18203641zik0zj.jpg

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
with my E-ring( 3ct up), 2.37 best much I guess.
but I love 2.9mm single prong eternity too <-makes e-ring lot bigger
3.gif

**add ** forgot to write that 2.37 ctw is 3.3mm

img24b7b9cezik1zj.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/8/2008 5:12:38 AM
Author: flower12

with my E-ring( 3ct up), 2.37 best much I guess.
but I love 2.9mm single prong eternity too <-makes e-ring lot bigger
3.gif

**add ** forgot to write that 2.37 ctw is 3.3mm
Thank you so much flower! That is great! Look at all the pretty rings you have on one finger! Lucky girl!

How do you choose which one to wear!!

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Hey October- I have a picture of my band for you...It''s way tinier than what you are gonna get but I love it- It is very dainty and sparkly too!

halfeternity2.JPG

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!!! I love it! Will you wear it alone or with the ering? Either way - can you show a pic of it with your ering pretty please?!

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Octoberbride- I tried to take some pics today- It''s really hard to get good pictures but I will attach a few. I gave you a sideview too. the band sits so nice and low. Hope you enjoy. It will be nice for you to get an idea of what your ring may look like. When do we get to see your beauty?

erwb2.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for the pictures! It looks amazing with your ering! Are you planning on wearing them together fulltime? Are you concerned about the little diamonds on the donut thingy rubbing against the wedding band?

Mine will be here in a week and then I will have pics! :)

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Octoberbride. I wasn''t planning on wearing them together full time. I moved my ering to rh but sometimes I do...I am concerned about the donut thingy rubbing the wb but I thought maybe I was being kind of silly. Diamonds are new to me and I heard they can scratch but I don''t think I can actually feel the diamond on the outside of the wb. It seems smooth. Am I in denial? Also I was hoping because I don''t wear them like that all the time, that maybe it won''t be an issue? I would love to hear what you think, or anyone else who has experienced this issue. p.s. I was just trying to look closely and it looks like the diamonds on the donut thingy actually line up with the metal of the band (lower than where the diamonds sit)

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Soooo....I got the ring today.

Unfortunately, there are some issues with it so I will be sending it back, but I will say that Mark has been incredible dealing with it. No questions asked - send it back and it will be fixed.

Also - I found that it sat VERY high off my finger - I think it is because of the basket setting I chose (it was stock, not custom made). Mark, as amazing as he is, offered to switch the setting when I send it back as well. He really is great.

I truly believe that the quality of a vendor is not just in the product he/she makes, but in how they deal with issues as they arise. Mark really is a gem in that regard.

Soo...as far as questions go - will a standard shared prong setting sit much closer to my finger? I have a size 6 finger and the stones are 10 pointers...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results