shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Settings Advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

angie6251982

Rough_Rock
I was wondering if anyone could recommend a jeweler that makes antique settings that have good quality craftsmanship. I bought a setting from Jared''s and I haven''t been very happy with it. I really love the Tacori style rings but they''re a bit pricey. I found a lot of rings I like online at http://antiqueengagementrings.com but I wasn''t sure if they were trustworthy or made good quality rings. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
21.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori are beautiful and I love mine but I recently fell in love with Kirk Kara. He has a website and they seem to be less expensive than Tacoris. What city do you live in? Most B&M (I try to stay away from chains) are showing many antique style e-rings. Good luck!

angie6251982

Rough_Rock
I''m in Houston. What are B&M''s? Sorry I''m new to here so I wasn''t quite sure what that stands for. Oh I looked at Kirk Kara''s website and the first ring that came up I absolutely loved
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I wish they showed some prices on their website though. Tell me what you think of this Kirk Kara set 6726-R and 6726-B:

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I also have a Tacori ring and absolutely adore it. If and when I ever reset my stone or upgrade, Kirk Kara is on the list! This is my absolute dream ring, except I would want a round or cushion perhaps.

oldschoolsapphire.jpg

I love the one you posted as well. Who am I kidding... I love all the rings they make! Also, to answer your other question about antiqueengagementrings.com, I believe several people on here have purchased from them. Try searching for threads about them... I wrote them an email when I was looking for rings and they were quick to respond and very helpful.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
I''m curious - what''s wrong with the jared one?

nazar''s fine jewely on westheimer impressed me.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
njc-That is my FAVORITE one! Though I think it would look great with an EC.

angie-
Davidhemming.com lists the e-ring at $2,125/WG
$3,300/PLT
The Kirk Kara signature hand-engraving and millgrained edges accent this piece. Eight round diamonds (0.34 ctw) are bezel-set along the top of the shank. Between the bezel-set rounds are six round, pavé set, diamonds (0.08 ctw). Available in Platinum or 18k White Gold.

Wedding band is $1,525/WG
$2,275 PLT
''Charlotte'' Wedding Band (Rounds)
The Kirk Kara signature hand-engraving and millgrained edges accent this piece. Eight round diamonds (0.28 ctw) are bezel-set along the top of the shank. Between the bezel-set rounds are ten round, pavé set, diamonds (0.06 ctw). Available in Platinum or 18k White Gold.

angie6251982

Rough_Rock
Thank you diamondseeker2006 I''m pretty fond of that set too! Although I really like that Timeless design set.
30.gif
Wonder how much that''ll run me. I''m not quite sure why the designers have to keep the price such a mystery. Seeing how they all have a standard going price no matter who sells their rings.
33.gif

angie6251982

Rough_Rock
Well when me and my fiance picked out my engagement ring set I was so excited that I didn''t stop to do as much research as I should have. If I''d slowed down I would''ve gone with an antique setting that was well crafted with milgrain and the engraving I like so much. In hindsight my Jared''s setting up close has a lot of imperfections such as the diamonds are not evenly spaced apart on the bands, the engagement ring is in white gold which I haven''t liked very much due to the rhodium plating needed, the arches leading up to the center diamond are not the same they''re uneven if you look up close, etc. If I''d notice this all during the 30 day return period I''d returned it and gone with tacori, A. Jaffe, or a set that was known for having great craftsmanship and detailing. Also, this band is too shiny and blingy for me as odd as that sounds. I know a lot of people love these type of settings but it''s almost too much for me for some reason. I''d prefer pave diamonds in thicker set platinum band and not too many on the band as I want the center stone to be the attention getter. So I guess I don''t have to get a different setting but I''ve been thinking about this well over a year now and I just haven''t been pleased with it. I guess I''m being too picky hehe

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Kirk Kara''s are some of my FAVORITES! I''ve never gotten to see them in person, unfortunately, since there aren''t any retailers by me.

angie6251982

Rough_Rock
Here''s another Kirk Kara set that I really like. I found it on www.davidheming.com webpage.

E-ring Piece: KKERW81627
18k White Gold, Diamonds $1,250
Platinum, Diamonds $2,500

Wedding Band Piece: KKWRW81629
18k White Gold $600
Platinum - it doesn''t list the price

Since the e-ring doesn''t have any pave diamonds in it I may look at having some in the wedding band. Here''s another wedding band that would work with it.

Wedding band Piece: KKERW81633
18k White Gold, Diamonds $1,400
Platinum - doesn''t list the price on the site

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I contacted Kirk Kara because I was thinking about getting a wedding band through them and since the closest dealer was 3+ hours away they said they would send samples to a store of my choice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results