shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Pearl Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
My great-great-great aunt''s (? or someone like that) engagement ring. Six freshwater (not-cultured) pearls in a gold band from 1844 in its original box.

Engraving: H.I.L. to E.C.L. Jan. 1st, 1844.

The box label says: "Lincoln & Foss Jewelers. Corner of Court & Wash''n Sts. Boston."

pearlcollage1.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
And some more photos showing the box and (sort of) the engraving.

pearlcollage2.jpg

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely and a real antique with family history - it doesn''t get much better than that.

I''ve never seen pearls set like this either.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful piece for you to have found.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is an awsome ring! I just love the history of it. What an amazing treasure you have.
30.gif

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!! It''s a beautiful ring!

And I just love the family history, and not to mention the original box!! I just love things like this!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a great piece of history you have. The ring is just lovely and it''s really neat to see the original box, how fun!!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!!! I really love it. The only problem is that it''s a bit too big to wear on my ring finger and such an old fashioned ring reeally doesn''t look right on my middle finger...but I still wear it on a few special occassions! And I really appreciate all your kind words!!
4.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
what a beautiful piece.

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
that''s beautiful and full of sentiment, even if you don''t wear it often, it''s so rich with family history! I envy your family pieces =)

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Hehe this and the opal ring are my only two family pieces, CFemme, don''t worry! I''m not just dripping with them - that''s why I''m having so much fun showing these two off!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results