shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Antique Oval and Singlestone Setting=Perfection!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1317592795|3031488 said:
Thanks farleysmom, ganesha, kribbie, stargurl, lula and herekittykitty! I am waiting on pins and needles to receive the ring and will be sure to post tons of photos asap!

Diamondseeker2006, I have had this exact setting in my hands (set with an OEC) for a few days, as well as a couple of pairs of earrings that Ari sent me. I can tell you that his work is exquisite. I can't compare it to LM, SK or VC, as I haven't seen any of their pieces in person, but the ring and earrings were top quality. I honestly don't have enough descriptive words to describe the "delicateness" of Ari's work. The balance and proportions were perfect. I think if you want an antique style, detailed ring, SS is the way to go.

Yenny, after seeing your handshots, I will have to say it reminds me of the feeling I had when I saw a platinum Van Craeynest for the first and only time! It was a feeling like...this is a magnificent work of art and I am in LOVE!!!! :love: You really nailed it...both stone and setting! I hate asking this question, but would you consider giving us just an approximation of the price range a setting like this would be? I am sure it is a lot, because I don't seem to love anything that isn't, unfortunately!

You really have created an heirloom. (By the way, do you have pictures of the OEC in that setting? I'd really like to see how it works with a round.)

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, I'm lost for words for once!! It truly is a work of art, you wear it well! :bigsmile:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found a round in that setting on the Singlestone site, and I have to say, it is 1000 times more gorgeous with your oval!!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks OCmom and dandiandi! I am really, really in love with this ring. It sits so low on my hand that I'm not bumping it on anything (which happened with my other ring) and it is a ball of fire!

Diamondseeker, the setting was $5700. I was quoted between $5500 and $6000. I have one photo of this setting with the OEC on my hand. Pardon the Hello Kitty bandaid! I know that I'm biased, but I like this setting with my oval even more than I liked it with the OEC! For me, it's really is perfect!

ss.jpg

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh wow, while i certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at the OEC version if it were offered to me, there really is something about your oval that totally takes the cake with that setting!!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh wow...I really do prefer the elongated oval in that setting!

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, the new setting is so beautiful. I also like your old setting. :)

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
yennyfire|1317840008|3033994 said:
Thanks tsavvy! Is that an OEC I see in your avatar??? :lickout: It's a gorgeous ring, does it have a thread?
It is an OEC -- no thread, but I'll try to take some decent photos this weekend and start one.

I'm loving the pictures of your ring (have had to come back and look several times) -- it looks so perfect on you! The setting is beautiful with the OEC, but your oval looks more elegant in the setting, IMHO.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Rainydaze, if someone were handing out this ring with an OEC in it, I'd be first in line! slg, I'm glad that you prefer the oval in this setting and I'm so relieved that I do too! :lol:

Cookie, I'm so glad that you like the ring...the old setting is available you know! :naughty:

Tsavvy, I would love to see more photos of your gorgeous ring! It definitely needs it's own thread!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring will go down in history as one of my favorite rings Yenny! I literally gasped out loud when I saw the picture of it on your hand. I have never seen an older cut Oval shaped stone. That setting could not be designed more perfectly for it. It looks absolutely perfect on you!! I kept pictures of it in my file for inspiration in case I am ever lucky enough to have such a gorgeous, gorgeous ring!! :love: :love: :love: :love: x10!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG...Yenny I think you are underestimating its beauty at just 100X...it is stunning on your hand. It is one of the prettiest
rings I think I've ever seen. Really right up my alley!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I seriously love love love your ring!!!!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, it's lovely! ::)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I missed this Yenny, but saw it after looking at the SMTB thread and all I can say is: Wow, PERFECTION. I ADORE it!!!!!

MizNina

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely spectacular Yenny :love: :love:

Surely we're due some more photos of this masterpeice? :naughty:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks ladies! I'll try to get some more decent photos to share with you! I'm sure some folks are wondering if I'm still as enamored as I was when I received the ring (give my nefarious past!)....well, I AM! I actually almost rear-ended the car in front of me yesterday because I was admiring the rainbow of colors that my ring was displaying! I am so in love and I know that this is my forever ring! It is perfect for me!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here are a few additional photos. As you can see, I am wearing my grandmother's band with it. I took a video with my phone, but I don't know how to post it? If someone can help me with that, I'd be happy to share the video....

handshot2_0.jpg
sideview%20-%20Copy.jpg
profileview.jpg
pumpkinshot.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Yenny it's beautiful... And your grandmother's band is perfect with it :love: :love: :love: :love: Thank you for the extra pics! And feel free to post more :sun:

Somehow I completely missed the wraps the first time round! I really like them - they frame the change from shank to head design beautifully!

Could you upload to youtube and post the link here? I don't know how to do that so I'm no help, but lots of people have been posting youtube videos lately...

Now that you've had it for a while, how do you feel about wearing it regularly? Do you feel it meets that blingy/understated balance you were searching for?

SC86

Shiny_Rock
Wow! More eye candy to drool over! :love:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is Perfection!!! :love: It looks absolutely Gorgeous with your grandmothers band!!! Beatiful Set!!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I didn't think that gorgeous ring would look good with a band, but it is actually quite lovely as a set. And how special that the band was your grandmother's.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! Those rings look perfect together! Your new oval is my new favorite ring. It's just perfect in every way. I love it!!! And how special it is to be able to wear your grandmothers band with it.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yssie, I am proud to wear my ring and I wear it everyday with pride and joy in my heart. I'll see if I can figure the YouTube thing out. Thanks for the tip! Thanks swing girl, zestfullybling and sundial, I am flattered! I too, love that I can wear my grandmother's band with the ring. It makes it that much more special.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The set looks great!! I really wondered if you could wear a band, but that one is just perfect!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
your grandmother's band looks great with it...

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yenny, it is perfect with your grandmother's band-love the gap. What's lovely is that it can stand alone as well. Just gorgeous, and really one of my favorite antique styled rings and definitely one of my favorite old stones on this board. Just love everything about it. More pics please!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks amysbling, lailah and coati! Coati, I am truly honored that you think I did this lovely stone justice...it means a lot, knowing that you see gorgeous bling all of the time!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to come back to this. Love the intracacy and I have to agree that it looks absolutely wonderful with your chunky oval :love: and I think it looks right at home with the band and milgrain

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks D&T. It's funny...if you were to read back through the thread, I tried my grandmother's band with the ring when I first received it and I didn't like how it looked, but the ring is kind of large on my hand and was always sliding around (if it still does that when the weather gets hot over the summer, I'll have it sized), so I put my grandmother's band back on and it's really grown on me. I don't think I'll be sizing it over the summer....I really couldn't be happier with the way this set has evolved. When I look at my original replacement ring, I cringe. I've evolved so much here it's almost hard to put into words, but photos say it all...so, here it is...where I started and where I finished (even my photo taking skills have improved, lol!):

ring%20resize2.jpg
handshot2_0.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You finished very, very well, yenny!!! Truly one of the most beautiful rings ever!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results