shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Halo Ring with East West Set EC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

redheadma

Rough_Rock
I''ve started some conversations with a local jeweler about having this ring custom made. After months of searching for the perfect RHR for an anniversary present, I think this is it. I found the pic on another message board, but couldn''t find it for sale anywhere and haven''t seen anything similar, so decided to go custom. I love the romantic feel and all the details, and the east-west setting.

I''d love any thoughts before we put any money down on getting this made. And if you know of any similar feel rings, please post them!

19529.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''ll be gorgeous. I loooove EC''s set E/W. Cartier has a stunning one I tried on over a year ago and still drool about.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I may get my cyber a$$ kicked for this, but I''m not crazy about it. It seems like the setting doesn''t match with stone. I guess an EC in a rounded setting doesn''t make sense to me. Please don''t hate me. Just my .02.

gorri8

Shiny_Rock
I HEART that ring!!!!!!!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2008 2:46:17 PM
Author: iluvcarats
I may get my cyber a$$ kicked for this, but I''m not crazy about it. It seems like the setting doesn''t match with stone. I guess an EC in a rounded setting doesn''t make sense to me. Please don''t hate me. Just my .02.
You''re not alone. It''s a lovely antique piece but it DOES look like someone randomly plunked an EC into it. There''s no integration of style or balance at all.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it!!!
30.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s very unique and interesting--I like it! I''d definitely wear it as a RHR.

audball

Ideal_Rock
I''m with purrrfectpear and iluvcarats-- I think it looks out of place in that setting, maybe if it was more squared off? I think the E/W setting is fantastic and love the detail of the setting itself, I just don''t think they go together...

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love the ring. If I had to critique it I would suggest setting the stone INTO the ring a bit more so that the setting flowed around the stone rather than below it. And possibly doing something softer for the prongs (flat ribbon prongs maybe?) But overall I love the combination of the scrolly romantic setting with the straight lines of the EC.

redheadma

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone!

EricaD ~ Great suggestions and comments. I hadn''t even noticed the prongs! I wish I had more pictures and views, but I don''t, but that can also be a good thing b/c I can tell them exactly how I want it set.

audball, purrrfectpear, and iluvcarats ~ No flaming - I appreciate your POV! I can see how some might think the straight lines and the rounded details don''t mesh, although I think it flows nicely. Maybe that is why I like it
2.gif
I kind of like both styles and this one combines them.

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Beautiful piece!

Oh, and ditto Erica''s suggestions (Im assuming no one will be surprised?
3.gif
).

I saw one similar to this years ago with an East-West antique marquise and it was absolutely drool-worthy! Also saw a similar one recently at a store with a morganite and it too was very beautiful.

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
I love the idea of the ring, but I think I agree with some of the other posts, the stone doesn''t seem to match the setting. The setting is so flowing and fluid, and the stone so regular. Maybe an oval shaped stone, or a rectangular cushion?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I''m torn. On the one hand, I like the contrast of the flowy setting with the emerald cut. On the other, the contrast kinds bugs me.
3.gif
I know, a lot of help I am, LOL.

I concur that if the stone was set a little more into the setting, it might help with the flow.

The important thing is that YOU love it.
5.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I too think the ring is gorgeous, but would lower the stone into the setting alittle more and change the prongs---perfect RHR :)

redheadma

Rough_Rock
MishB ~ Oooh, a rectangular cushion or radiant. I didn''t even think of that. Here is my lame attempt to photoshop a rectangular cushion in the ring setting...

19529_cushion_rect.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2008 11:59:52 AM
Author: redheadma
MishB ~ Oooh, a rectangular cushion or radiant. I didn''t even think of that. Here is my lame attempt to photoshop a rectangular cushion in the ring setting...
Now THAT I like. I just think it flows better.

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
YES! Definitely
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
it with a rectangular cushion or radiant. I loved the design with the EC, but something just wasn''t right. With a different stone, I think it''d be a positively drool-worthy ring!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I would take the EC if the corners were clipped more, with double claw prongs and the stone set lower. I think a radiant looks nice too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results