shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Emerald/Asscher cut in the CvB Giselle Solitaire

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am pleased to introduce my latest acquisition, a 3.65ct I VVS2 antique step cut diamond, 10.25 x 7.91 x 5.38, depth 68% table 63%. It's a blend of an Emerald and Asscher cut, the best of both and a superior cut. It was in it's original simple art deco setting which was too big and I really didn't care for the prongs nor side baguettes but Grace of "Jewels by Grace" agreed to sell the stone loose.

I wanted to have a custom setting made but stay true to the art deco era. As I began looking for setting ideas, I turned to Caysie at CvB because I felt she could do the job best, I had seen enough of her work. We tossed around a few ideas once I settled on my inspiration ring, in no time I had CADs. She had recently acquired a new bench team, I had seen their work which appeared impeccable and I requested them to make my piece. I was forewarned that my wait time would be longer than the usual due to having custom french cuts and engraving but I was in no hurry and completely understood. I worked closely with Caysie on this project and she was very responsive when I had questions. The outcome is AMAZING, truly a heirloom piece! I could not be more pleased.

A big shout out to LAD/CvB!

I also was lucky and snagged the CvB Riveria 3/4 eternity band that Caysie listed on LT after I commissioned my project. It is a perfect compliment to the ring on days when I choose to wear this as a left hand set. This ring will primarily be a RHR.

I'll first post a photo of the original ring, then the inspiration ring, and finally my ring.

1_88.jpg

org_q2720_4-1.jpeg

img_8715-l.jpg

il_320.jpg

Fulvia

Shiny_Rock
OH EM GEE. Saw this 'future heirloom' on CvB's IG and pretty much fainted. It's STUNNING beyond words. What a tremendous stone, perfect setting, divine end product.

CONGRATULATIONS!! :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMGosh, that came out perfect! Congratulations on your new ring...beautiful!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Un*ingbelievable :love: :loopy: :lickout: :shock: ! I drooled it LAD's fb. It was Yours :dance: :clap: . Beautiful, beautiful combination. Congrats to have a such treasure.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Having seen this diamond in person, I have to say it is absolutely outstanding, and I am beyond thrilled that one of my favorite PSers and real life friend was able to get this stone!!! :appl: The choice of Caysie to make the ring was perfect, and the outcome proves it! CvB/LAD and their benches are amazing! Gorgeous engraving and the band is perfect with it!

This is honestly one of my top favorite rings EVER! Gorgeous and perfect! :love: :love: :love: I can't wait to see it in person!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is one of the most beautiful rings I have ever seen!! :love: :love: :love: It took my breath away, absolutely gorgeous! :appl:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1468944769|4057148 said:
Having seen this diamond in person, I have to say it is absolutely outstanding, and I am beyond thrilled that one of my favorite PSers and real life friend was able to get this stone!!! :appl: The choice of Caysie to make the ring was perfect, and the outcome proves it! CvB/LAD and their benches are amazing! Gorgeous engraving and the band is perfect with it!

This is honestly one of my top favorite rings EVER! Gorgeous and perfect! :love: :love: :love: I can't wait to see it in person!

Thank you DS, you were a great help and it means a lot that you really like it :bigsmile:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks completely gorgeous on you! :love: :love: :love: So how will choose which ER to wear--your 4ct OEC or this amazing step cut masterpiece?! :)) Can you do some shots with both rings for size comparison? Thx! :wavey:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
soxfan|1468945267|4057157 said:
I almost died when I saw this ring. It's amazing. :love: :love: :love:

Thanks Soxfan, I know you linked it a couple of times in other threads. I was waiting to get it in hand and takes some personal photos.

I adore your new pear ring :love:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
m-2-b|1468945577|4057160 said:
It looks completely gorgeous on you! :love: :love: :love: So how will choose which ER to wear--your 4ct OEC or this amazing step cut masterpiece?! :)) Can you do some shots with both rings for size comparison? Thx! :wavey:

Thank you m-2-b, sure I'll post a photo. This ring is a bit smaller compared to my OEC so I will opt for it when I feel the need to scale down :shifty: But I'll wear both at times as well.

Both stones are really picking up the color of my blue phone case.

_4838.jpeg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank for indulging me with that pic! ::) Love your whole collection! :sun:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's so freaking spectacular and befitting such a spectacular lady. LLLOOOVVVEEEE

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bright ice|1468945717|4057164 said:

Thanks Soxfan, I know you linked it a couple of times in other threads. I was waiting to get it in hand and takes some personal photos.

Oh gosh! I'm so sorry! I had no idea. I hope I didn't spoil it:(

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
athenaworth|1468948788|4057198 said:
It's so freaking spectacular and befitting such a spectacular lady. LLLOOOVVVEEEE

Thank you Athenaworth, how sweet of you...Love you!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
soxfan|1468948819|4057200 said:
bright ice|1468945717|4057164 said:

Oh gosh! I'm so sorry! I had no idea. I hope I didn't spoil it:(

No problem Soxfan, it's fine and dandy. We all get excited when we see something we like and think will work for others!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. My heart is racing... that's how much I love your ring! There are so many gorgeous rings on here, so many that I would love to see/wear, but this is the first time I've thought *that* could be my holy grail! Enjoy that spectacular beauty! Oh, and your band with it... utter and complete perfection.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Confection10 said:
Un*ingbelievable :love: :loopy: :lickout: :shock: ! I drooled it LAD's fb. It was Yours :dance: :clap: . Beautiful, beautiful combination. Congrats to have a such treasure.
Thank you Confection10, it is definitely a treasure!

tyty333 said:
OMGosh, that came out perfect! Congratulations on your new ring...beautiful!
Thank you tyty333!

Trekkie said:
OMG, that's stunning!! More pictures please!!
Thank you Trekkie :bigsmile:

Fulvia said:
OH EM GEE. Saw this 'future heirloom' on CvB's IG and pretty much fainted. It's STUNNING beyond words. What a tremendous stone, perfect setting, divine end product.

CONGRATULATIONS!! :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl:
Thank you Fulvia, I appreciate the compliment!

junebug17|1468944882|4057151 said:
This is one of the most beautiful rings I have ever seen!! :love: :love: :love: It took my breath away, absolutely gorgeous! :appl:

Thank you Junebug, it did mine too!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
telephone89|1468947434|4057184 said:
Just stunning! :love: :love: :-o

Thank you telephone89!

rainydaze said:
Wow. My heart is racing... that's how much I love your ring! There are so many gorgeous rings on here, so many that I would love to see/wear, but this is the first time I've thought *that* could be my holy grail! Enjoy that spectacular beauty! Oh, and your band with it... utter and complete perfection.

That's a very nice compliment rainydaze, thank you :bigsmile:

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Splendiferous - I have used many other abjectives on rings/diamonds on PS I felt yours deserved a different one - it completely knocks your inspirational ring out of the ball park and your photos are stunning you have captured its magic :love: :love: :appl: :love: :love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooohhhhh..... You lucky, lucky lady!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Absolutely stunning, the stone, the proportions of the sides, the etching... All of it is just perfection!! :love: :love:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This has to be one of my all time favorite rings on PS!!! It is perfect in every way!! I love the engraving and the tapered french cuts. They frame your stone just perfectly! Good lord it's amazing. :love: :love: :love: :love: CVB is really knocking these antique settings out of the park!

Can I use your ring as inspiration for a future project?!?! Pretty please???

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stones are amazing. The workmanship is incredible. But pairing it with the Riviera is...a complete knockout.

Unspeakably beautiful. Congratulations.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results