shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Cushion Split Shank Halo rendering from ERD. HELP!

chix

Rough_Rock
I love everything I see except I am adding melee to the shanks as well as making it a "double row" halo so no platinum is exposed from the side. I am not adding melee to the donut because I hear that it rubs and causes friction and marks on wedding bands. (unless someone can convince me otherwise because I would LOVE to add it ;)) ) The shank will also be 5 to 7 verses the 4 to 8 that you see now. The main question FOR ME is....will this type of split shank provide enough "coverage" or is there a style of split shank that offers more. I REALLY love the idea of the the bigger melee on the shank so I will NOT do a double row of melee on the shank. Is there something I am missing? Im just hoping this sits "wide" enough around my finger. Any advice, help or pictures are welcome. Im a long time lurker, first time poster! thank you so much.

Oh yeah...specs are something like 2.4ct H-I color, 8.96 x 6.98, platinum, Im assuming the halo is 1 pointers(thats what I wanted but I have been debating about going slightly smaller) and the shank is 2.3mm so Im not sure what size the melee are but I think I want to go with 3 pointers. I like the proportions on that. Im not sure what they used because I want to wait to get some feedback from the forum before I email Mark T back with the final changes.

nicole 2.jpg

nicole 3.jpg

nicole 4.jpg

nicole 5.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Antique Cushion Split Shank Halo rendering from ERD. HEL

You should add the other pictures to this thread instead of posting them on a separate thread. :))

I think the ring looks beautiful as it is! I would not want the halo stones any larger than they are, and I do not like stones around the sides of the halo. I might like the pieces that hold up the halo to be more curved.

Please come back with the finished product!

chix

Rough_Rock

That's where experience on PS comes in handy! Thank you!

nicole 1.jpg

nicole 6.jpg

chix

Rough_Rock

Im thinking about covering up the exposed platinum from the gallery view, with melee. Not necessarily adding a "double halo". It will not look like double halo from the top. It will just have diamond coverage from the side. What do you think about that?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm not really a fan of diamonds on the sides of the halo - it just seems a bit too much to me. But then again, it's your ring, so if you like it go for it! I really love the ring as is - I would just second diamondseeker's suggestion of curving the metal under the halo.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

junebug17|1320458926|3054368 said:
I'm not really a fan of diamonds on the sides of the halo - it just seems a bit too much to me. But then again, it's your ring, so if you like it go for it! I really love the ring as is - I would just second diamondseeker's suggestion of curving the metal under the halo.

Agree. I thinking much melee can become overwhelming...

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think the ring looks just great!

You already have a huge stone, so I wouldn't add more pave. Trust me, you will have a ton of finger coverage!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I wouldn't add anymore to the ring either. I think it would be too much and adding more stones can sometimes make the ring look crusty!

chix

Rough_Rock

I think that the only thing I am going to do is add curved struts and add melee to the struts. The real problem/question I have is about the donut. I would really like a flush fit wedding band. Even if I get one of those bands with the curve in it, I just want it to sit flush. Can I get rid of the donut completely so that I don't have to worry about getting a curved wedding band?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Many people find that the tiny gap keeps the two rings from looking like one wide ring. I really prefer a slight gap, so I wouldn't change it! And definitely get a straight wedding band!

I would take a close look at Frankie's ring (even though it is a round) and get some ideas from it:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/victor-canera-rb-halo-ring-my-forever-setting-finally.164262/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/victor-canera-rb-halo-ring-my-forever-setting-finally.164262/[/URL]

I still would not recommend diamonds on the doughnut and I don't think you need them on the struts. But I do like the way hers curve.

I'd also want the inside of the shank to not have that sharp edge...I'd want it rounded a little like comfort fit.

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock

I like the idea of diamonds on the struts and donut (like frankies) i know it is really only for you to see but I like seeing sparkles when i look at the side or back of my ring. Just my opinion.

:bigsmile:

chix

Rough_Rock

I have been corresponding via email with Mark T for the past 24hrs and the new/final details are as follows:
*2.2mm band
*1.2mm halo melee (just under 1 pointers)
*1.3mm split shank melee ( 1 pointers)
*2mm shank melee (3 pointers)
*5-7 melee on the shank
*curved struts
*melee on the struts
*no double halo
*we have completely gotten rid of the donut in order to have a flush fit

I wanted to attach a photo of the ring that was my original inspiration. I fell in love with the proportions of this ring and although I went with an elongated cushion and went for a more oval halo, I am trying to capture the beauty of this ring and its proportions. This ring was posted on pricescope back in 2008 by SmoothOpr8r. I hope they do not mind me posting it.

P1000826.jpg

asschergirl27

Rough_Rock

Oh wow, I love your ring!!! And the original design!!

I don't mean to interrupt your post, but have an asscher, and have been looking for a cushion shaped halo to reset in. I really love the step stone/asscher, and would love to add the contrast of a cushion halo, and more sparkle. A bit more finger coverage would be nice, but the goals are to add sparkle and contrast to the asscher. Most of the melee I see is under half point, and my concern is that it won't sparkle enough and will appear more metally. I love what you did, and the sizes of the stones! It looks perfect. I don't like to see a lot of metal either, and agree with you in putting melee around the halo sides. I think that would be so beautiful!

Do you mind if I get your designer's info? do you think this would work with an asscher? again, am sorry to interrupt your convo, just really loved your designs!!

chix

Rough_Rock

Hello asschergirl. I actually designed the ring from scratch with Mark T of Engagement Rings Direct (ERD). You will see that the post I made right above yours has a ring made by ERD that was my "inspiration". I got an estimated size of the melee on the halo and shank (just under or around 1 pointers on halo and 3 pointers on shank) and then took it from there. You will see that there are MANY people on pricescope who believe that ERD cannot acheive the same quality in regards to "lack of metal showing" as some other designers such as Leon Mege, Steven Kirsch etc....and that may be true. However, I would say to just look at some rings by all of these designers and see what you believe to be "too much metal". I think the ring that I used for my inspiration speaks for itself. ERD is the quickest, least expensive and from what Ive read, most customer service oriented. Not taking anything away from any other jeweler, Ive just done a TON of research and decided to go with Mark T. I was not concerned with having a hand forged ring and was well aware that ERD does not produce hand forged rings. Pricescope is a wonderful tool to use to find out exactly what you want. Do some more reasearch and Im sure you will find the right designer for you and I would highly recommend ERD. Good luck and I hope this helps!

PS...I forgot to mention Victor Canera as another great choice to look into..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results