shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Cushion Ring from OWD

Diamondz1

Shiny_Rock
Hey Everyone, I've had my e-ring for a few months and thought it might be fun to post a SMTB thread, especially since I've taken way too many photos of it!

The stone and setting came from Adam at OWD. I took a long time to make a final decision and Adam was very patient and accommodating.

Stats:
Center Stone - GIA Cushion Brilliant, 2.98, J-VS2

(Also, I want to extend a shout-out to Chris at Brilliantly Engaged. Of all the vendors I visited, I spent the most time with Chris and Adam and they are both lovely to work with.)

Now some pictures! First up: a few from the awesome lighting at my office:

neon_1.jpg

neon_2.jpg

_32714.jpg

office_0.jpg

Diamondz1

Shiny_Rock
And some from the slightly more blah lighting at home. Have a great weekend, y'all!

perspective_2.jpg

perspective_3.jpg

perspective_4.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BEautiful ring and lovely manicure too!! Love the setting.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Diamondz1- she is gorgeous! You are my ring twin!! I have an OMB flanked by bullets, it was sourced from BE, and they made my setting as well. I am currently working with Adam to upgrade my diamond, if I can find the right stone... I love the chunky facets of your cushion!!! Enjoy!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SO beautiful!! :love: :love: :love: Gorgeous diamond and setting, it's perfect on your pretty hand!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond and setting! I love the chunky facets in your stone. Enjoy wearing it!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Perfect!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty and the perfect size! Love the setting too!!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very classy and just gorgeous on you!! Congratulations on your engagement too!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Seriously gorgeous, wow, you got a beauty of a diamond and the setting is perfection! what are the cushion dimensions? Gah- it is huge, but, honestly looks fantastic on you, you chose the perfect setting. I love perspective shots. How about some profiles? The diamond looks very bright! Well, love everything about this, thank you for sharing.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Oh my that is beautiful! Love the flower pattern under the table...lucky girl to find such an amazing cushion.

Stats please...and post the video and more picutures.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First this is one ROCK! and second it's just so beautiful.. classic and sparkly! congratulations on your engagement!

:appl: :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is just gorgeous! I love the setting - really shows off the facets of the stone!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Congrats!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! :love: I love your setting! It is the perfect compliment to your beautiful cushion! :clap:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous and a timeless design. I really love your ring. :love: :love: :love:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a beautiful diamond and setting. Plus it looks BIG on your hand!!!

Diamondz1

Shiny_Rock
Whoops, I think I just typed a whole reply and then deleted it - let me try again.

Thank you so much, everyone! You guys are too kind. I have an ever-growing file of "wish list" items that I save from Pricescope. Everyone's pieces are so beautiful.

LLJsmom - Thank you! The polish is "topless & barefoot," by Essie. I love a drugstore/home mani : )

TruLuv858 - Thanks so much! And that's awesome! I hope Adam is able to find you something great. I searched for about 4 months before deciding on a stone and I was antsy to get to the finish line so, I feel your pain.

Apacherose & Ariel144 - Thank you! And, details - you bet:
Dimensions: 9.11 x 8.86 x 5.62 mm*
Carat: 2.98*
Color: J
Clarity: VS2
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good
Fluoro: None
Table: 57%
Depth: 63.4%
Girdle: Extremely Thin - Thin*
Culet: Very Large
*I had the girdle recut before setting the stone. It was a knife-edge in places and already chipped. The existing chips didn't bother me but they made me feel like, if it chipped before, it can chip again... So, unfortunately, the dimensions and carat weight from the cert won't be accurate anymore. (It's 2.98-ish, lol :razz:)

Adam said that it would only lose a few points and that his cutter is an expert so, for the amount of piece-of-mind it brought, the loss was worth it. The girdle has been thickened and the chips polished out.

Apacherose - Happy to take some profile shots for you!

Ariel144 - Video!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqZUuNmhCew

Diamondz1

Shiny_Rock
And one more for fun - this was taken on a clear sunny day. I think it's reflecting the sky in the center and buildings on the sides.

2015-07-26_13.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results