shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Satisfied GOG Customer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dobson_j

Rough_Rock

This is my first time posting but I have been on this site for months just reading. I recently purchased a ring from GOG and I have to say that they helped to make a nerve racking experience a little easier.

With never spending this much money without having to include tax/tags and title into the equation this began as a white knuckle experience, from which I am just starting to regain color in my face. About a year ago I started to read web site reviews of diamonds, vendors and about the apprehension of spending this much money over the world wide web on an unseen product. With this apprehension I visited the usual suspects b/m and the ever fearful visits to the store with the blue boxes circular steel locking door and the ever present armed guards, I still believe that is a bit representative of a white collar crime prison where one could find an Enron Exec or Martha Stewart….. A long story cut short, one jeweler (for me) stood out from the rest and that establishment is GOG.

I had some basic question that Jonathon directly addressed, namely price and availability. Even though I mentioned that I wasn’t going to be buy for about a year I definitely didn’t get the proverbial “cold shoulder.” Seven months later (March 31) I began to email Jonathan again stating that I was going to be needing a diamond in the next few months. Of course the usual specifications were discussed and Jonathan spoke with me about what I was looking for in a diamond, in what I’d like to call “Plain English.” Leaving the technical side of the diamond to Jonathon I was able to transition into what can only be described as pseudo-diamond techie, GED results are still pending.

Needless to say, as with other people from which I had read reviews, Jonathan came through…Again…. My Regent came in without a hitch, funny that’s the cliché I’m using seeing how this is going to be the facilitator of me being hitched (hopefully)… But I have to say this was not a one pony race, no offense Jonathan. The service that I received from others at GOG, namely Christen (who unfortunately I kept calling Christine, please don’t give up on me I’m still trying) and Marie was exceptional. I know at one point I was bothering these poor women on, at least, a daily basis. They were always able to answer/fulfill any question or request. I do appreciate their patients with me through this process and putting up with the consistent questions.

I know I need to post pic’s and here they I’ll be heading off for vacation on Sunday so wish me luck. Keeping this a secret is killing me. I can’t keep a Christmas present a secret.

Thanks Again GOG

Jason

P.S. Here’s the link to the rock, and the setting is a Pt Vatche X-prong, sorry my fingers are tired http://www.goodoldgold.com/regent_1_05ct_e_vs2.htm

/idealbb/files/my105EVS2 finished2.jpg

/idealbb/files/my105EVS2 finished.jpg

/idealbb/files/my105EVS2 sideview 2.jpg

/idealbb/files/my105EVS2 sideview.jpg

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow
love.gif
E-VS2 stones are quite rare on these boards.

Congratulations on a fine choice.
appl.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
yeah these guys are pretty good at picking out diamonds! I asked my boyfriend the other day if he even knew what the color/clarity grades meant.. and he was like "sort of.. i think i know what order they go in.." lol.. oh well.. I inherited my diamond anyway.. so he is a little bit off the hook..

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
That is a hell of a diamond.

I looked at your link and it appears to be a real performer too!!!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful!

I love the shape of the Regent.

Good luck with the proposal!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Just gorgeous! I am beginning to love this X-prong
1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Nice, very nice.
Way to go Dobson. And thanks for sharing.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 8/9/2004 11:40:10 PM diane5006 wrote:

Awesome ring Regents ROCK :)

----------------
Yes they do. Just beautiful

valdo650

Rough_Rock
The setting is very fitting for that diamond. Congrats on the great find
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results