shape
carat
color
clarity

Another new WF pendant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

prettyinpave

Shiny_Rock
I received it yesterday and it is awesome. The setting is so delicate that it''s nearly invisible and it is BRIGHT and super-sparkly. Now that I''ve seen this one, I know that I probably haven''t ever seen a stone with a truly great cut in person.

The only problem is that when I put it on, it''s default position on my neck has the diamond facing the floor instead of looking straight out. It doesn''t flip over totally, just tips toward the floor. I can adjust it, but it always goes back. I e-mailed Bob about it, so we''ll see what we can do.

This is my first diamond purchase and I''m very pleased. Thanks to everyone for their wisdom! I''ll add some neck shots tomorrow night.

Item Code: AGS-6206504
Report: AGS
Shape: A Cut Above H&A
Carat: 0.466
Color: I
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 61
Table: 55
Crown Angle: 34.8
Crown %: 15.8
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion %: 43
Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 5.02-5.04X3.07

m pendant[1] (2).jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Well done!
30.gif
I think it is beautiful and a great size! Neck shots, please!
9.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a beauty
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I just love the setting and the stone is super sparkly!

My wheels are spinning, as I have a .48 G VVS that is in a ring I never wear
11.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
love the look of the simple 3prong
18.gif

i hope it works out for you
2.gif

neck shots asap!
36.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Just my .02 but I think every pendant, especially this type, can flip--it''s a matter of degree. If it''s flipping all the time or not laying right in general, then an adjustment is probably needed. I know some people swear that their pendants never flip but I think the reality may be that they rarely flip or turn, which is as it should be. Shooting for a pendant that stays in the perfect position 100% of the time is unrealistic, IMO, and can lead to OCD.
2.gif
1.gif

Don''t drive yourself nuts!
2.gif
1.gif

prettyinpave

Shiny_Rock
Too late, Jennifer, I think I''ve already crossed that line years ago!
emwink.gif

I''m going to wear it for a day or two and see how I feel.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the info Jenn...so THAT''S where my OCD came from!
2.gif

prettyinpave, it''s a beautiful pendant!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2005 11:22:14 AM
Author: Jennifer5973
Just my .02 but I think every pendant, especially this type, can flip--it''s a matter of degree. If it''s flipping all the time or not laying right in general, then an adjustment is probably needed. I know some people swear that their pendants never flip but I think the reality may be that they rarely flip or turn, which is as it should be. Shooting for a pendant that stays in the perfect position 100% of the time is unrealistic, IMO, and can lead to OCD.
2.gif
1.gif

Don''t drive yourself nuts!
2.gif
1.gif
i agree with jenn. make sure you are being realistic with your expectations of the pendant.

now let''s see some more pics!!
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

GR 8!!! With the rush on for pendants--soon WF will have no stock left.........
2.gif
2.gif

cheers--Sharon

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I love your pendant! I have one on a tiny gold chaing that my granddaddy gave me my grandma many years ago, she eventually gave it to me. You''ve inspired me to have it reset, so that I can wear it more often.

I can''t wait to see the neck shots!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2005 11:22:14 AM
Author: Jennifer5973
Shooting for a pendant that stays in the perfect position 100% of the time is unrealistic, IMO, and can lead to OCD.
2.gif
1.gif

1.gif
hahaha - actually OCD and pendants can be a good mix. lol Whenever I forget to check my pendant for a few hours, usually the diamond has repositioned up next to my collar bone
9.gif

Congratulations on your new necklace!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nice looking pendant.
10.gif
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful new pendant, love it!!
30.gif

re: the facing the ground, that should definitely not be happening...let us know what WF says.

i am lucky in that i have a 4 prong basket done by GOG that rarely (or for me never, but as Jen notes you never really know since it''s on your neck!!) flips and the only time it EVER moves around my neck is when i wear it to kbox class and it ends up around the other side of my neck. but honestly, i love my setting and feel pretty lucky to have one that seems to perform with relatively little problems. i think flipping alot or pointing at the floor or traveling alot would drive me nuts over time.
9.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Kmom

really

wants

a

pendant!!

But I admire yours very much
36.gif
, as the other pretty ones which are posted here. Hope your flipping issues get resolved but congratulations on what looks like a lovely stone.
36.gif

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely necklace.

I have issues with pendants flipping too. I wondered if a bail like this one would prevent it from happening without being too obviously there.

tubular bail Stuler.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: Bagpuss

I have issues with pendants flipping too. I wondered if a bail like this one would prevent it from happening without being too obviously there.
Hi, Bagpuss!

I think that bar idea is great! Sundial recently posted hers on the other "solitaire pendant" thread...

Apparently she put hers on a bar because of flipping issues, and it works. I think it looks great, too. I tried to repost her neck shot but it wouldn''t load....

widget

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results