shape
carat
color
clarity

Another little antique treasure!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found this sweet ring from the 20's/30's that has a half carat G VS OEC (that's what they said but I think it might be transitional) in the center. It is 18k wg and had details that reminded me of VC, so I took the chance and ordered it! It has a mark inside but it is not VC. Still it is so pretty and I am planning on keeping it! The seller is Diamond Zone Jewelry and I found the ring originally on ebay but later used their website instead. The ring seems to be as represented, so I would feel good about ordering from them again. They had some other nice antique rings. They also have very low priced antique style settings for those who want to set colored stones inexpensively.

I am going to post the vendor pics first because they are sooo much better than mine. I can't capture the facets of the diamond at all! It is a beautiful little stone, though, with a tiny open culet!

05463a.jpg

05463b.jpg

05463c.jpg

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
DS I was eyeing that one! So happy to see it turn up here. Looks divine.

How would you compar the optics of the transitional (I agree, it is not an early OEC, maybe a late one) to your modern RB?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!! :appl: :love: The setting is sooo pretty, and the stones look very lively. I've been a big fan of these older rings for a long time, I think they have a special beauty and are a wonderful link to days gone by. It's like wearing a little piece of history on your finger!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty DS with some nice detail. You are getting good at finding these lovely rings.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1319944436|3050224 said:
DS I was eyeing that one! So happy to see it turn up here. Looks divine.

How would you compare the optics of the transitional (I agree, it is not an early OEC, maybe a late one) to your modern RB?

Ha! How about that! You might know we'd have the same taste! It is hard for me to compare since this diamond is so much smaller, but I think it is really beautiful. I can't capture the sparkle in pictures at all, but I think it performs like a rb but with larger facets. I definitely am more interested now in getting an AVOEC stone or a larger antique ring. But I will have to tell you honestly that I would wear this as my e-ring. It has enough presence with the setting to do so.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
melave...thank you!

junebug...yes, it is sweet to think of the history of these old rings! This one was well taken care of which was nice!

Sundial..thanks! I'd really only count the Van Craeynest band and this one and not the little one from the pawn shop! So I am just at the beginning of this new hobby! :naughty: The great thing is, as you find something you love more, you can always sell one. I especially like it now that we can list here on the Pre-loved forum.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow...I really love the detail on this ring...And the diamond looks amazing too...Lucky girl!

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh pretty! Love the flower motif and milgrain on the shank, it does look like a VC. I've always wondered about this seller on ebay, their prices for antique style semi mounts almost seem too good. Thanks for sharing, off to browse!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A treasure indeed! It's lovely, DS!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
minmin001|1319947877|3050253 said:
how do you find a seller on ebay..?

you go to community and enter the sellers name and they should pop up...

DS, I love being on this journey with you and searching for all these hidden treasures. I'm so happy this one turned out to be a keeper b/c I really do think it's lovely and totally agree that the setting gives it such great finger presence!! I bet you could wear a VC engraved band with that too :naughty:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you naty, mitsui, Sandy, Laila, lknvrbr, and catwalk!!! :))

MrsS...we certainly continue to have an adventure when it comes to rings, that is for sure! And half the fun for me is talking about all the potential changes and new purchases with you since we like so many of the same things! I have a feeling this will be a long term adventure! ;)) Thank you for all your help and friendship!!!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice 'find' - it reminds me of my grandmothers ring, which I always loved (and secretly hoped to inherit... but never did :angryfire: ).
Are you planning on leaving it intact (it is beautiful!) or do you have redesign ideas? You are VERY creative with your diamonds - I'd love to play in your jewelry box one day :lol: :lol: :lol:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a pretty find, diamondseeker! It looks lovely on you!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its Very Pretty and looks Beautiful on your hand!!! :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring - the center stone is very pretty and sparkly! Have you decided anything about an AVC as of yet?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

So feminine--love it!

cheers--Sharon

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE that!!! What a gorgeous piece!!! :love: :love: Enjoy it, DS!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! I appreciate all your nice comments!

Enerchi....yes, I am leaving it as it is. I really love the setting and it is in really good condition to be as old as it is! I am afraid I am not creative at all, but I do love these antique rings and diamonds!

MGR...I am pretty sure I will get either an AVC or AVR. I could probably find and antique ring with a nice OEC, but finding a cushion as perfect as an AVC would be very difficult. So I am leaning toward an AVC. He has some new ones coming in soon, so I am watching for those! Of course, I haven't even seen one in person, so I would have to send for the stone to make sure I really love it in person!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results