shape
carat
color
clarity

Another FAB ring by Mark @ ERD!!

cavluv

Rough_Rock
I was lucky enough to receive this ring from my now fiancé 2 weeks ago. We began our ring shopping process a couple of months back, and both fell in love with the Soleste @ Tiffany. However, we had a very difficult time finding the right center stone. We wanted a width/length ratio of near 1:1, but the only Soleste styles that fit this ratio were smaller center stones (I think the biggest one was about .62 ct). PLUS, the price for the 1 ct center was nearly $25k. I don't remember the exact specs on that stone, but it was 1.02 ct, F/VS1. Their .65 center Soleste was just under $12k for an H/IF. We have since learned this is supremely overpriced.

About a week of research on PS led my fiancé to Mark @ Engagement Rings Direct. We were both hesitant to buy a cushion online, but we both could not be more pleased. We learned more about cut and light performance. Mark had an antique cushion (I think they are called his "a cut beyond") that was nearly square, with a spread bigger than the 1 ct @ Tiffany's. Mark told my boyfriend he could make a version of the Tiffany Soleste, and I was a bit dubious that it would look the same. I really wanted a delicate band and very delicate halos.

Then I thought someone else had bought the stone because there were a few people on PS discussing it/recommending it (thanks to Gypsy!!). My heart sank but I knew Mark could find us another stone if we were patient. Turns out, my boyfriend had snapped up the stone immediately...I had no idea!

Link to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gz4vWQD1Qw

Here are the specs:

Cushion Brilliant
1.05 ct H/VVS2
6.26 x 6.22 x 3.93 mm
1:1.01 ratio
table: 50.6%
depth: 63.1%
ring size: 6

The pictures do not really show how much the smaller inner halo "absorbs" into the center stone. In person, it makes the already gorgeous center stone look even bigger. It almost looks like there is just one halo. At the outset, I was kind of opposed to a double halo because I didn't think it would look as good as the Soleste, but boyfriend really loved it and Mark echoed his sentiments, and in the end I am SO glad they went that direction. The ring is simply gorgeous and I have received countless compliments! It is delicate but still a major eye-catcher. Ladies, this is why we should never compromise on CUT!!

Sorry if I've made the post too long, but I tried to include everything because I remember how much we appreciated all the info we could find during our research phase.

Enjoy some professional shots from Mark, as well as hand shots. And let me add an overwhelming vote of confidence and full recommendation to both Mark & Chris @ ERD. We are going to New York for my birthday/graduation in June and can't wait to meet them in person!

michael Soleste.jpg

michael soleste 2.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
SPECTACULAR!!! :love: That looks awesome on you! what great finger coverage and really love the double halo/split shank. It looks gorgeous on your beautiful hand!

And congrats again on your engagement - you've been lucky lately with jewels!! :bigsmile:

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
What a STUNNING ring!! Love the center stone and the setting is just beautiful!! Love how big it looks!!! :love:

Congratulations on your engagement and enjoy your lovely ring!

Cachette :))

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Its beautiful! Congratulations!!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a spectacular ring, I think it looks even better than the Tiffany version!! :love: :love: :love: Congrats :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, ERD did an AMAZING job!! It looks just like the Soleste, no, even prettier! :love: Kudos to them and your fiance!

Congratulations!!

stci

Ideal_Rock
AMAZING! :love: :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ohhhh, dam that is NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks huge on your hand--which is also nice :)) :love:

cheers--Sharon

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous and delicate!! Looks just like the Soleste. I can see in your last picture what you mean about the inner halo being melded into the center stone...looks great on your hand! Congratulations on your engagement and almost being done with school!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! The workmanship is superb. Congratulations on your engagement!

BubblesnFun

Rough_Rock
What a gorgeous ring!! :love: Do you have more pictures? Any of a straight front shot? PLEASE post :appl:

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely Stunning to look at! Mark did a superb job! Congrats!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, it's just perfect!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
stargurl78|1334436378|3171078 said:
Wow, what a spectacular ring, I think it looks even better than the Tiffany version!! :love: :love: :love: Congrats :appl:

+1!!! Beautiful ring and I love the finger coverage!

Washingtons86

Rough_Rock
I'm in the process of custom making a double halo myself. A 1.03 cushion cut center stone with 1.25mm double halos. I'm trying to figure out if that's too big- what are the size of your halos on this ring?

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Washingtons86|1426554197|3848287 said:
I'm in the process of custom making a double halo myself. A 1.03 cushion cut center stone with 1.25mm double halos. I'm trying to figure out if that's too big- what are the size of your halos on this ring?

Who is making your ring?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results