shape
carat
color
clarity

Amazing promise/future engagement ring!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Hi y''all! I joined a few months ago and I posted questions about diamond sizes....But this past Friday was the 3rd anniversary for my love and I!!!!
emlove.gif
(I have been on cloud 9 since then! Im truly blessed!!!!) We totally had the best anniversary yet!!! HE GAVE ME A RING!!!! Its gorgeous! Its a beautiful (huge) blue sapphire with white sapphire baguettes in 14kt whitegold...I PROMISE to take pictures and post tomorrow!!!!! But I was just wondering if you guys could help me figure out how big this is exactly....the bf thinks that it is 2.5cts, but the specific measurements are- 10mm long and 7 in width...I think its either a cushion cut or radiant...its a bit longer to be cushion though....let me know what you think...I wil post pics sometime tomorrow...
emotion-5.gif
Thanks!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
I am trying to get pics up but its saying that they''re too big....

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
I think I got it! Finally! Anywhoo, I have like 8 pics so...hope you like!

ring1sm2.jpg

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous pic of the table!!! I love it!!!
30.gif

ring4tablesm.jpg

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
I love the color!!!
18.gif

ring5sm.jpg

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2007 3:52:24 PM
Author: 04diamond<3
I love the color!!!
18.gif
Me too!!!!!!

The ring is absolutely beautiful!!! Congrats!!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, it''s gorgeous!!! The color is sooo yummy. Congrats!!!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Another color, table handshot!
30.gif

ring6sm.jpg

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Another handshot... Im sorry they are so blurry... Also what I meant by promise/future engagement ring was that I LOVE THIS STONE!!!! So I want to keep it...but I would like to fine a classy but glamorous setting for it, which will be my engagement ring!!!! Im so excited!!!! I also was wondering if you all could tell me the size if you knew I measured it last night so they are in the first post at the top... if you could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated!!!
41.gif
And any suggestions on great setting would be lovely too!!! Thanks!!! And I hope you liked the pics, I may post more up later...(If I can get better at taking pics of jewelry!)

ring9sm.jpg

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
WOWZERS!!! That stone is gorgeous! I love, love, love the color!!! I have no idea on the size, but it is to die for!

Where''s our requisite flower shot, I ask you??? Hee hee hee! Would
30.gif
to see more pictures!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!!! What a great anniversary gift! You''d have to take the sapphire out of the setting and have a jeweler or an appraiser weigh it to be sure, but I think 2-3 carats looks about right...hard to say exactly.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
That''s a promise ring????!

I''ve seen girls with e-rings that don''t look as good as that!

Gorgeous!

jayrenay9

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!! Nice promise ring
3.gif

I have a handy dandy diamond size chart here -- I guess it is the same for gemstones?? Anyway, a 2.5ct radiant is listed at 9.0x7.0 and the 3ct is listed at 10.0x8.0.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
That is a GORGEOUS!!! color in that sapphire. I love blue sapphires as much as diamonds and that is a lovely, lovely promise ring! Congratulations.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous sapphire! Personally, I dont think you can get any classier, or classic that that setting already is. You could get two baguette eternity bands to go on either side of it for more diamond bling once you get married? Or perhaps add stepped half moon to either side, and then the bags below the moons? It''s a gorgeous stone!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

WOW!
30.gif
36.gif

chers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your sapphire is a beautiful color!!! I think it will make a lovely e-ring, too!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
IT IS PERFECT! I can''t stand it. That is my idea of a promise ring, congrats!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love it!!! What a gorgeous ring you have!

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Wow!! Gorgeous!!!!!!! I love sapphires!!!! Now THAT''S a promise ring! heehee!!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh it''s gorgeous!! Congrats on that stunner!

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
How beautiful!
30.gif
I just love a big sparkly sapphire!
36.gif

Date: 8/6/2007 6:18:28 PM
Author: jayrenay9
3.gif

I have a handy dandy diamond size chart here -- I guess it is the same for gemstones?? Anyway, a 2.5ct radiant is listed at 9.0x7.0 and the 3ct is listed at 10.0x8.0.

I don''t know if that works...carats are based on weight, amd I don''t think that a stone with a different density would necessarily have the same weight at the same dimensions. I really don''t know, just guessing here. Perhaps some of our colored stone experts can help?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/6/2007 6:07:51 PM
Author: kcoursolle
Beautiful ring!!! What a great anniversary gift! You''d have to take the sapphire out of the setting and have a jeweler or an appraiser weigh it to be sure, but I think 2-3 carats looks about right...hard to say exactly.
Agreed, looks between 2-3 carats from the pics, do have it appraised, though. I think it would make a beautiful center stone for an e-ring. I actually think it looks like an e-ring in its current setting, and if you had a band made to match you''d have a gorgeous set already!!! But I understand wanting to have sort of a whole new setting as the one with which he would propose. Could you maybe keep that setting and use it for a right hand ring with a similar sized not too expensive stone set in it?

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much everybody! Im really loving it! I really cant stop staring at it!!! The pics really dont do the ring justice, not to be cliche... IT SPARKLES NON STOP!!!
30.gif

Monarch- The sidestones are white sapphires and for the ering we want to do a diamond setting, and yes I was planning on putting maybe a spinel in this setting after the sapphire is taken out, cause I do love the setting! Its just hard to find settings for cushion/radiant stones....

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Stunning, just stunning!
I can''t wait to see what you get for a e-ring!

Date: 8/7/2007 12:17:28 AM
Author: BigDiamonds
How beautiful!
30.gif
I just love a big sparkly sapphire!
36.gif

Date: 8/6/2007 6:18:28 PM

Author: jayrenay9

3.gif

I don''t know if that works...carats are based on weight, amd I don''t think that a stone with a different density would necessarily have the same weight at the same dimensions. I really don''t know, just guessing here. Perhaps some of our colored stone experts can help?

My preliminary research on Sapphires indicates that they infact have GREATER density than diamonds. Meaning that the above listed dimensions--if not particularly shallow?--should be even more than 3ct.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Thoughtful man. I just LOVE the color of that stone!!! Don''t forget to insure it.

oops, i forgot to say, congratulations! it is gorgeous! You would probably think I was oogling you if I ever meet you, but in fact, that ring would def draw my attention to your hand!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results